How many Presdents and First Ladys have you seen in person

Oh, oops. I thought the question was how many Prime Ministers has Australia had in 10 years.

:rolleyes1

We saw a motorcade when we were on DC, had to ask people standing next to us at the lights what was going on. It wasn’t Obama or Trump as the motorcade wasn’t big enough, someone said it might have been Pence. Whoever it was, the kids thought it was all quite impressive.

#stillhavenotansweredyourquestion

We were in DC in 2014 on Memorial Day.
We were walking thru Arlington National Cemetery and we saw President Obama speaking from a verrryyyy far distance away.
We stood by a tree and the secret service came and said we needed to keep walking...........
Then we saw him getting into his car when he was departing the cemetery.
EDIT:
I forgot, my daughter and I went to see Michelle Obama at a rally when they were campaigning for his second term.

Last edited:
I saw President Trump years ago when he was walking through Trump Plaza in Atlantic City.

I saw Pope St John Paul II when he said Mass at the Meadowlands on his third ( I think) trip to the USA

I saw St Teresa of Calcutta when she spoke at my college in the '80s.

We were on a Disney bus coming from I think Animal Kingdom when we saw George W. Bush's motorcade go by on the other side of the road.

When we lived in Butler, GA Jimmy Carter and Rosalyn ate dinner at our house since they were friends of my parents (the year before he was president).

Bill Clinton attended my fathers funeral in 93.

Seen W. Bush and Barbara in Atlanta from a far.

Attended an Obama rally, seen Barack and Michelle.

Seen Donald Trump from a distance.

I saw both Bush the Elder and Clinton in 1992. I was a reservist assigned to Homestead AFB. Hurricane Andrew absolutely leveled the place. The active duty units were all reassigned, and us reservists were left to clean it up. We got the airfield running and the main roads clear for emergency supplies to come through, and were doing demo work. On two separate occasions the Bush and Clinton motorcades went whizzing by our little work detail. I knew who was in the main vehicle each time, but didn’t actually see them. We stood at attention and saluted the Bush motorcade, since he was the President at that time.

Only one. My aunt lived across the street from the church that John Kennedy attended on Cape Cod. We got to see him arrive for Mass.

I saw Bush the younger, but that was a few years before he became President. He was the guest speaker at a Chamber of Commerce event here in South Texas (like the last town before the Mexican Border). He went around and shook each person's hand and welcomed them. Even at that time I was so impressed-he had the ability to make me feel that I was the only one in the room that he was glad came-of course, I'm sure he had that ability with everyone.

I saw Bush Sr. and Barbara at a food festival in Maine (near Kennebunk). There wasn't a huge crowd around them or anything but people were walking up to say hello and shake hands. They were being gracious about it so that's what did.
It was during his son's presidency.

I was in DC several weeks ago on business and was wondering around Penn. avenue and saw Trump drive by in his motorcade and get out of his limo to greet visitors and walk into the Whitehouse.

Canada's Prime Ministers return to private life after office and rarely have a very high profile. They also don't retain any special status or have a permanent security detail. Definitely no motorcades or anything. Stephen Harper lives in my neighbourhood. He drives a grey Lexus SUV and we've seen him around occasionally.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3611930/...-after-leaving-office-and-thats-a-good-thing/

I also saw Margaret Thatcher give the keynote address at a convention I attended back in '98. She was incredibly impressive and in hindsight, her having been so instrumental in changing the whole world geopolitically, I wish I'd paid more attention to what she said! :laughing:

Last edited:
During the Montreal Olympics in 1976, I went to one of the equestrian events. Princess Anne was riding for the UK. I had set up my chair to watch near one of the cross-country jumps (security was MUCH more relaxed in those days!) and saw her ride up to "my" jump - and she fell off! I think she hit her head because she seemed a bit disoriented at first the way she was walking around, but managed to get back on her horse and continue riding through the course.

None, but I did see Bo the First Dog when I was touring the White House in 2015! He was outside with his caretakers running around in a patch of shade.

DH met President Bush Sr.

Funny story....the President was doing an old-fashioned hometown whistle-stop tour in the Midwest, and was going to be making a stop in the tiny little town DH and I lived when we were teens. This was a Big Deal for the town, and everyone was at the junction stop waiting. FIL is a HUGE republican and adored President Bush, so he was so excited to see him. In a time before everyone had a camera or even cellphones for that matter, FIL gave DH a disposable camera and told him to take pictures when the president arrived- FIL was close to the front and was going to try to get a picture with the president.

DH being a 14 year old boy, started taking pictures of the crowd, and the back of his brother's head, and close ups of their noses....etc...etc...

The train came and FIL got to meet the president! He did the typical handshake with a smile pose while DS snapped away with the camera. Only...there was no film left. They thought it was a 24 exposure film and it was only 12. They used up ALL of the film on stupid pictures of themselves and the opportunity for FIL to have a memento of meeting his hero was lost forever. The boys didn't say anything until after the film came back - FIL was furious!

To this day - almost 30 years later - if anybody brings this story up in front of FIL, he gets mad all over again lol Poor guy!

When it was DH's turn to shake President Bush's hand, he said "It's nice to meet you sir...you look much different on TV". What a dork!

I also saw Margaret Thatcher give the keynote address at a convention I attended back in '98. She was incredibly impressive and in hindsight, her having been so instrumental in changing the whole world geopolitically, I wish I'd paid more attention to what she said! :laughing:

Are you impersonating Nicki Minaj? ;)

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...her-queen-radio-shout-out-queen-a8507626.html

hqdefault.jpg

When we lived in Butler, GA Jimmy Carter and Rosalyn ate dinner at our house since they were friends of my parents (the year before he was president).
I am in awe of this. He appears to be such a kind, decent and intelligent man. I admire how he lives his life. I am nostalgic for a time when it was a scandal when the president said he had looked on women with lust in his heart.

:lmao:I actually probably look more like MT in that picture, and I don't know enough about NM to understand where she might have been coming from with her "shout out".
During the Montreal Olympics in 1976, I went to one of the equestrian events. Princess Anne was riding for the UK. I had set up my chair to watch near one of the cross-country jumps (security was MUCH more relaxed in those days!) and saw her ride up to "my" jump - and she fell off! I think she hit her head because she seemed a bit disoriented at first the way she was walking around, but managed to get back on her horse and continue riding through the course.
Oh my! I was 10 years old and glued to the tv coverage. I can close my eyes and still see it...amazing memory - thanks! :wave2:

In 1987 I judged a world title boxing match in Atlantic City, NJ. I didn't judge the fight, but Mike Tyson fought the main event on the show. Tyson fights were a real big event. After the bouts were over some of us officials were given passes to an after fight party. I had no idea what kind of party it was. When I got to the location I found out it was a Donald Trump and Don King get together. Both host were in attendance along with Tyson, Oprah, Dennis Hopper, Robert Duvall, David Brenner and I'm sure other celebrities I didn't know or see. There were probably 250 people in attendance.

I saw Air Force One parked at airports in New Orleans (G. W. Bush) and Indianapolis (Obama), but didn't see the presidents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter