How many princess dresses should I take?

abh413

Earning My Ears
It's my 5 year old daughter's first Disney trip. She LOVES princesses! I have FP for Belle, Cinderella, Ariel (her favorite) & BOG. She has dresses for Belle, Cinderella, Ariel, Elsa (we didn't get ths FP) & Minnie Mouse (among others). I personally love photos so I will have my camera and we have MM.

We will be in MK for 2 days. She will have on regular clothes. But I would like her to wear princess dresses too (& she's VERY excited to wear them). We are driving so space isn't an issue. I don't mind packing an extra one in the stroller if necessary. We don't plan on leaving the park midday.

So... How many dresses should I do? It's a good idea to wear the dresses at the M&G, right? Is multiple dresses each day doable?

TIA for any advice! We are very excited!

It would be a bit much for me but that is just me. I would let her wear one dress, assuming it is comfortable, with comfortable shoes each day. I would take some compact, easy to carry regular clothes( princess shirts for sure) in case she want to change. If you do find yourself returning to the room midday for a rest, I would certainly let her change if she wants too.

What time of year are you going? The heat makes a difference. My DD loved wearing her dresses and I brought 2 to the parks several times. Fold and roll the dress into a large ziplock. It helps with stroller space. But DD rarely liked to wear the dresses outside during our August trips.

I would take all of them! My daughters wore their dresses all day whenever I would let them, even in the heat of June and July. Are you visiting any other parks? We didn't limit them to only wearing dresses at MK, we also wore them in other parks depending on who we might meet (like Belle at Akershus).

I would probably plan on one per day and have her choose the one to wear along with a little assistance. And I would also not just do them on MK days. We allowed each child one costume. My son pretty much wore his Buzz Lightyear costume all day. My daughter wore her Yoda costume for about five minutes (it was pretty hot).

If you are asking this question, you're not a true Disney fan.

Kidding!!!

I would bring them ALL. I would let her wear any of them that she wants to all day long. Breakfast, lunch, fancy dinner, walking around. Yup, every minute of every day. Not over regular clothes, but, if she is adequately modestly covered, I would have her wear them instead of regular clothes.

pixiedust:

We went in June, and I brought my daughter's Cinderella and Belle dresses. While we were there, we surprised her with an Elsa dress I managed to get before our trip but didn't tell her about. Well, as you may guess, she only wanted to wear the Elsa one to anything.

She wore her Elsa dress to BBB and 1900 Park Fare. She also wore it into MK one day to meet Anna and Elsa, but we took it off right after. I just put it in a shopping bag and kept it under the stroller most of the time. I wanted to hide it for sure because it was still the time of the dress shortage.

I just thought I'd throw this thought out there that she may be interested in only wearing one dress if there is a favorite. My daughter was four in June, by the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter