how many PTS did you start out with??

We started with 150 BCV points in December of 2015. This would get us about 4 nights in a 1 bedroom. I really want to be able to stay longer. Clearly this was not enough. We added on 130 BLT points and I am thinking of adding on a few more. This would get us 1 week in a 1 bedroom during the summer. But, I am eyeing the 2 bedrooms, so maybe there will be another larger add-on.

We started with 150 BCV points in December of 2015. This would get us about 4 nights in a 1 bedroom. I really want to be able to stay longer. Clearly this was not enough. We added on 130 BLT points and I am thinking of adding on a few more. This would get us 1 week in a 1 bedroom during the summer. But, I am eyeing the 2 bedrooms, so maybe there will be another larger add-on.

I was looking at buying 100 points with an August or September UY that will cover us in a Studio for 6 days . We are a family of 4 me, husband, and 10 year old twins. I even thought about when they get older and figured by that time I will have bought more.

We have 150 at the Poly. We travel every October and then like to travel in the spring, usually April. We have realized that we will need another contract for the spring trip and we would prefer it be at BCV which is our favorite followed up by BWV. We have already started hunting resale as we know what we need and prefer not to go direct again.

Bought 300 in 1997' but own another TS and have access to others. Will be at WDW or at other TS in Orlando for 5 trips in 2017. Yes, we are retired.

bought 150 VGF last year via resale -- then before that contract made it out of ROFR, I had an offer accepted on 130 more VGF points. Added a 25 point direct at BCV a month or two later to get AP discounts.

I was looking at buying 100 points with an August or September UY that will cover us in a Studio for 6 days . We are a family of 4 me, husband, and 10 year old twins. I even thought about when they get older and figured by that time I will have bought more.
I think that it should work. We gradually add on points, so it wasn't such a big hit financially.

We are also a family of 4, but one of the reasons we bought in was to get access to 1 bedrooms. My DH likes the extra space a 1 bedroom offers.

Bought 300 in 1997' but own another TS and have access to others. Will be at WDW or at other TS in Orlando for 5 trips in 2017. Yes, we are retired.

This is my dream. I still have 20 years of working, but eventually I hope to make to Orlando quite often.

We bought 175 at Aulani. It was not as much as we wanted( we however are a family of 6) to but what we could afford at that time. We are now currently waiting for rofr for an additional 100 points for Vero. Adding on gets very addicting!

We bought 150 BCV to start, which is 3 long weekends in a studio for us. We will be adding on another 150-200 over the next few years, when DW says it is ok. :)

We were looking for 150ish at BLT which would be enough for a week each year, alternating in studios/1Br. We just bought 160+ added on 25 pts direct, same UY, and thanks to banked points have 310 to use in 2018. I have a feeling we are going to end up buying more points at an Epcot resort sooner rather than later... (But not at $150pp, which is what a recent BCV listing was... :sail:)

Started with 200 in 2000, by 2002 we were at 585. Now that the kids are out on their own and we bought a second home 20 miles from WDW we are down to 210.

I think that it should work. We gradually add on points, so it wasn't such a big hit financially.

We are also a family of 4, but one of the reasons we bought in was to get access to 1 bedrooms. My DH likes the extra space a 1 bedroom offers.

Thats an idea for us too. I like the kitchen and the laundry facilities right there in the room

Started at 450 BCV (350 + 100) and it seems like a good number for the foreseeable future. I haven't really been hit with addonitis like I thought I would. We don't do studios though (unless booking for someone else... Then they get a studio ;))

200 - OKW in'93
25 - OKW in '98
121 - OKW resale in '11
Want to get to enough points to go 2 - 5 nights per month every month of the year.

We started with 160 AKV with intent to stay in one bedrooms during value season. The resale contract we purchased was loaded and we stayed in a two bedroom and brought grandma. Loved it! Decided two bedrooms were the way to go. We added on 300 points at SSR with the intention to rent out half to pay all our dues. Yeah, that still hasn't happened. We happily spend all 460 points ourselves each year.

The extra points came in handy because I switched jobs and can no longer travel during value season.

300 at OKW in 92. most recent 150 at the Poly., now looking to do another 150 at AKL

This is good to know we are thinking of buying 100 pts with an August or September UY... 6nights a year or every other year. Do you bank and borrow?

Yes, we borrow and bank the remainder. Once we 'had to' go back to back and because we're only going for 4N's 2017 October we're probably gong to 'have to' go again 2018. :)

We bought 185 in 2000 at BWV. I looked at the points chart to see how many we would need for every year during Feb. break for 6 nights. It was 181, so I rounded it up and we initially bought 185. Since then we've added on in small contracts to the BWV and AKV. We have a total of 385 points now. 235 at BWV and 150 at AKV. It's definitely enough and has served us well over the last many years. Last time we added on was 2007. We go at least 2x a year.

Good luck and enjoy your membership!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter