• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many receive any perks from their TA's now when booking a Disney cruise ...

2Bnºoºt2B

Fºoºz & Sami-Jºoº
I remember the time when we used to arrive in our stateroom and find a congratulatory bottle of wine or a small shipboard credit etc when booking a cruise, especially if celebrating an Anniversary or a birthday etc. Now it's more like a congratulatory e-mail or note card sent through the mail ... what about anyone else ... what has their experience been like recently ... we've been on four Disney cruises now ...

When we went last year (first time), we didn't even get a congratulatory email. I even had to pick up my cruise packet from my TA. This year, I'm using Costco and expect a tidy sum back in cash back cards.

TAs advertise what you get; at least nowadays they do. So ship around for one that gives what you want.

Costcotravel.com gives the Costco gc after you retire from the cruise (and gives obc for Royal cruises) and that works for me so that’s who I book with.

I remember the time when we used to arrive in our stateroom and find a congratulatory bottle of wine or a small shipboard credit etc when booking a cruise, especially if celebrating an Anniversary or a birthday etc. Now it's more like a congratulatory e-mail or note card sent through the mail ... what about anyone else ... what has their experience been like recently ... we've been on four Disney cruises now ...
We booked through DU and got $640 onboard credit...can’t wait to use it!

We always book through Dreams Unlimited and get OBC and an awesome gift basket delivered to our home prior to the cruise- filled with lots of useful goodies to take on the cruise (cups, water bottles, magnets etc)
Same here and we are Platinum!!

I hadn't used a TA until recently. The OBC is nice of course, the the bon voyage basket arrived from DU the other day...it was a pleasant surprise.

When I book with my TA (not DU) I usually get OBC as well as a little note when I board the ship. If my TA happens to be on the same cruise (it's happened three or four times) they usually host a cocktail get together in their stateroom. Also if my TA happens to be on the same cruise they may on occasion arrange for a special excursion depending on the port. The last time I sailed with my TA they arranged for a tour of The Alhambra in Spain and charged the same as Disney. We had a private shuttle and guide, slipped behind certain doors to get ahead of people blocking us, lunch was included and everyone received a bottle of local wine when we returned to the ship. I wish my TA did more of this but I know they are probably loosing money on tours like this. My TA are the best!

DU gives an onboard credit, and a nice gift basket. We have used them for years.

DH has found another TA that gives more OBC. We will see if her service is as good.

Our TA sends us a gift box with a Disney Gift Card instead of the OBC because she knows we live near Disneyland and if we don't use it all on board, we can use it when we get home without any difficulty.

Our TA sends us a gift box with a Disney Gift Card instead of the OBC because she knows we live near Disneyland and if we don't use it all on board, we can use it when we get home without any difficulty.
Thats a good idea, but it can work both ways. I know its easy to use Disney GCs onboard, but if I have OBC that I need to use, i am more likely to splurge on that extra drink or specialty coffee, or buy the kids something in the giftshop rather than save it for DL, cheapskate that I am :)

We used SmallWorld to book and got some cash back. Other than that, though... nothing, and it's not really worth it IMO. I probalby would jsut book directly in the future like our previous two cruises.

Our TA is fabulous! A very generous on board credit; car service from MCO to Port, and customized Tshirts for the kids in the group. Plus a hand written thank you note :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter