• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many resorts do you call home?

We currently have 5 home resorts- BLT, POLY, AKV, RIV & BCV (in purchase order), but I am hoping that number will soon be 6 (when we add on at VGF) 🤩😁

To answer your Q: No. There is no such thing as too many contracts, or too many home resorts 😉… but separate memberships? Yes, there can definitely be too many of those! I’ve got 3, and have reached my personal breaking point! 🤪

Hey DVC fam. I own at Poly SSR and AKL. I’m looking at beach club contracts thinking to myself how many is too many home resorts. Let me know how many home resorts you own at and if you think too many is possible!
Vgf, BCV, riv.

parents bought into bwv in 2019, so it’s a pseudo-home.

We own at 2 home resorts:
AKV (1 contract-100 points bought in 2008)
HHI (2 contracts-50 points each bought in 2009 and 2010)

We almost owned at a 3rd. The plan was to spend quite a bit of time in WDW once I retired in 2020. Early that year, we started looking at BRV resale, but then the shutdown happened and Disney started making changes that we aren't happy with. As others have said, without the ability to purchase APs, we aren't as interested in going as often. We just don't want to spend that much money on tickets. So now, we are traveling to HHI (using our AKV points there, too) and to other places in the USA. If we add on any points, it will be more at HHI. That's our favorite place to visit!

Let me know how many home resorts you own at and if you think too many is possible!
BW, WL & AK. Never seems to be quite enough points, especially as the standard & value studios have been disappearing far more quickly since things started to rumble back to life

Just 2.
BWV for Food and Wine and AKL (cause it has a Savannah). for Flower and Garden

Hey DVC fam. I own at Poly SSR and AKL. I’m looking at beach club contracts thinking to myself how many is too many home resorts. Let me know how many home resorts you own at and if you think too many is possible!

To many home resorts is not possible. Member since March 2012. Home resorts AKL, BLT, AUL, SS, OKW, VGF, PLY, RIV

Two at the moment: RIV and SSR. Hoping to add on soon. Maybe VGF direct or, if that doesn’t work out, CCV on resale.

We own 5: CCV, SSR, BWV, VGF, RIV. I may be tempted by the new DLT but that remains to be seen.

We haven’t been back to WDW in the last 2 years and have been using all our points at VGC. I really love VGC and am kicking myself for not buying it when it was around $160 resale a few years back when we started buying DVC. To think I used to feel that was expensive and it’s now selling for $300+. I hope I can continue to be successful with booking at 7 months!

BWV (2 separate contracts, 1 bought direct, 1 resale) and HHI bought direct but used only once at HHI itself…

Happy to be using HHI at the resort itself this spring. But always a great lesson that no points have gone to waste in 20+ years despite not staying at the home resort except for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter