How many schools did you apply to and

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
how did you decide which one you wanted to go to.
Now that your there do you like it or do you want to transfer?

I applied to 4. I got into 2, waited listed at 1 and rejected (still hate that word!) at one. Of course the one I was rejected at was my first choice so that made my decision a lot easier. This may sound weird, or not very smart, but most of my decision was based on my gut instinct of the school. I visited lots of schools and could tell you within the first 5 minutes if I liked it or not.
I love UNH. Its a perfect fit for me. Right now I couldn't dream of transfering.

I think that to make the right decision you really do have to listen to your gut. Don't go to a school because of its repuation or its name. Obviously money is going to be somewhat of a factor, but don't like it be a deal breaker. I really do believe that your initial reaction to a school is really the best way to figure out if you'll be happy there.

I applied to 8 schools and got into 6. My final 2 choices were the University of Wisconsin and Marquette. I couldn't decide so I made my decision based on whose basketball team went farther in the NCAA tournament. :earboy2: No, just kidding. LOL. I picked Marquette because I got some scholarship money and I liked the size of it- not too big, not too small. Plus the fact that about half of my high school class went to UW... :rolleyes:

I really like it here at Marquette, so I wouldn't transfer.

I only applied to UW-Milwaukee and well the rest is history, cuz here I am! A lot of people ask me why in the world I only applied to 1 school and the truth is, there REALLY isn't any other school I'd rather be at. UWM's nursing program is one of the top 10 in the country! With that in my own back yard (sort of, I only live 20 minutes away) why would I bother applying to other places? Just to say I got in to....where ever? nah, that's not me. It's a really great school and I'm having a blast! :cheer2:

I applied to three schools and got into all of them. I chose NC State b/c of the nice distance away from home and the strength of the engineering program.

I applied to 4 and got into all 4. I knew I wanted to go to DePauw but was not confident enough in myself to only apply there. I did Early Action for the 3 schools that had meaning I found out early if I was accepted but I was not required to go to the school. DePauw was the third school I heard back from and I immediately sent my check in which was about 4 months before I heard back from my last school.
I knew I wanted to go to DePauw as soon as I walked onto campus. I knew it was where I belonged. I never had any idea of transferring nor any desire too.

Applied to 3, got in at 2, and wait-listed at the 3rd. Of the 2 I had gotten into, 1 was one that I had applied to more as a fall-back, the other was the 1 I really wanted to go to. The choice was easy.

I sort of made my decision is a strange way. During the summer before my Senior year I wanted to be a theatre major and looked at a few prominent theatre schools. Then I decided against it and took up a psychology major (which meant I needed to look at different schools). I made a 100 mile radius around my house (because me family wouldn't let me go any farther than that) and then I figured out which universities had the best psychology department, that narrowed it down to five, all applied, all accepted. I decided with LUC because I am in the city, career opportunites, definately feel like I am being challenged, the school has a name for itself, and it has a graduate program I will probably be going into.

I applied to 3 and got into all 3..i went to the best one and i HATED it so i transfered to one that i didn't really want to go to..and i love it.. :goodvibes its funny how things turn out sumtimes

I applied to 7 and got into 4 of them. I chose the school I am going to because of my major. The funny thing is now I have changed my major so its not like it mattered anyways.

This probably isn't very much help, but I applied to 1 and got in:). I have always known where I wanted to go, just not what I wanted to do. But I have it figured out now, and I still love where I am at. :banana:

SDAngel101 said:
I applied to 7 and got into 4 of them. I chose the school I am going to because of my major. The funny thing is now I have changed my major so its not like it mattered anyways.

Don't feel bad. You're not the only one. I did the same thing.... :cool1: :cool1:

I applied to 5, and got in to 4. It actually took me a really really long time to decide where to go to school. Money was the biggest issue holding me back but I decided to go to Marquette anyway. For me, it was also a gut instinct. I loved everything about the school: the size, the people, the program for my major and the location.

I absolutely love it here, and can't imagine being anywhere else right now :)

I applied to 4 schools and got into all 4 of them. I had scholarships at all of them, although UofL had one of the better ones where I'm actually getting paid to go there. I also wanted a school with a strong athletic program (Liberty Bowl Champs 04) and a broad range of academic programs. I have already changed majors a few times and am so glad I chose UofL. They are so much stronger in mulitple programs and have so much to offer.

I applied to 2 schools and got into both of them.
I choose Northern, because I happened to come up to Marquette on vacation with my family when I was a sophomore. I decided then and there that I was going to Northern. When it came time to apply to colleges, my mom and I had a few rounds because I only wanted to apply to Northern. However, I did agree to apply to one other school. This is my 4th year here and I never wanted to transfer at all. I can't see myself going to any other school.

I applied to 4(Texas A&M, University of Virginia, University of Pennsylvania and Yale) and got into all of them but Yale.
I chose UPenn b/c when I visited I fell in love with the campus and the people here.

I applied to Penn State (main campus), Muhlenburg, Lafayette, and University of Pennsylvania. I got into all of them except Lafayette (and how I got into an Ivy League school and not Laf is beyond me) but decided on Moravian because it has a good name and is close to home. Muhlenburg is close too, but it was a bit too close in the end. And I'm still stuck shelling out over $15,000 a year, that's with the help of scholarships, etc. Ugh.

Wow thats crzy! I can't believe Layfayette is that competitive- you would think they'd be less competitive then Penn :confused3

I applied to six schools. I was wait-listed for one, and accepted to four. I've been at this school for alsmost three years, and am strongly considering re-applying to one of the schools I was originally accepted to, in another major, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter