• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many taking advantage of free dining?

Me and the kids wanted to go back this year, but DH had been Disneyed Out. We had gone Dec 2003, Aug 2004 (just he and I) and then again in Nov 2004. Then with the free dining I priced the trip, and was like wow...what great prices. Then Spirit Air had airfare for under 1k for all four of us. At that point DH forced me to book the trip!!! We are going 8/21 - 8/31 at CSR. Kids still do not know yet :).

We hadnt planned on going to Disney at all this year. In fact I had booked the Disney cruise for October 2006 for our next Disney trip. 2 weeks ago we spent 10 days in Cancun so our vacations were done for the year. Then this deal came up and I talked DH into going because I thought it really was such a good deal and we havent been in 3 years.. And he agreed. Then I got air nonstop from BWI for 115.00 so this was meant to be. LOL :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

We are going Aug 20-28 and the only reason is becasue of free dining (with 4 kids it is more than worth it ) The kids don't know yet They keep hearing us talk about going in May or April of 2006 so we will be there when Expedition Everest opens. I am soo excited and glad school will be starting on the 1st so I can :jumping1: get some of my shopping done!! :jumping1:

We were already planning to go. We ended up making ressies just after the free dining ended the first time so we were sooo happy when it was reoffered. We had to make a few changes but this helped us to stay an extra night and get 6 day park passes! WOOHOO! Now we do not have to worry about any food money while we are there.

We will be there Sept 5-10 :sunny:

We were planning on going in September or October anyhow, but free dining sweetened the deal! We'll be at POR 9/23-10/1 :banana:

We had no plans on going to Disney until our DS1 was about 4 or 5 (My DH has never been). I saw an ad in the travel section of our local paper for a 5 night/6 day stay for 425 per adult-Baby is free. It was about 12:30am so I could not believe my eyes and read the ad at least 4 times for the 'real' fine print price. :eek: Within 2 days, I had convinced my DH and all the original members of our '94 trip to secure vacation and go the week of Aug. 28-Sept. 3. The way the ad was worded, we did not know until we made the res that the dining plan was so generous and that it was free!! It truly is a wonderful value. We added one night and with cheap airfare my family is staying, playing and dining for under $1,275. Thanks Disney!

Our only concern is, just how hot will it be!? :scared:

By the way, our last CAMPING trip of 9 nights cost almost $900. Did I mention that it was CAMPING!? CAMPING!!! :scared1:

We had planned our trip for sept already and felt we just got a fantastic bonus with the free dining. Will save us lots of money to use for other stuff and to eat the last two days on our trip when we don't have the dining. Can hardly wait. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We had already booked a room for Sept 17th-24th using the AP rate. When the free dining plan came out it was too good to pass up. Even with my DDE card the free dining was a better deal for us. I cancelled my AP room and rebooked with free dining, buying myself a 7 day MYW ticket with pluses to match my son and D-I-L's. I'll use my AP for park admissions and save the MYW ticket to use next year after my AP expires. I wasn't planning on renewing my AP next year and now will have a 7 day MYW ticket to use for another trip next spring.

We were already planning a trip anyway, but free dining made me give up my split resort stay. I was kinda bummed because we were gonna stay at the GF for a few nights, but free is free!!!

8/26 to 9/3 at the BC.

Original plan was to go the week after Thanksgiving, however, with the dining free and we are a family of 5, we bumped it up to October 2-8th. Which actually worked out better, our friends who moved to NC, are meeting us there for 3 nights! We have not seen them since they moved in February, we are in Massachusetts. :banana:

DS and I were there in March - but the free dining was such a good deal in combo with the value season that we decided to put off our 'summer vacation' until Sept and go again!!! :Pinkbounc

:cool1: Hi there, we are going to be there Sept. 10-17, and we were going no matter what!! The Dining Package was just an added bonus!! :cool1:

We were going anyway in Oct. The free dining was just icing on the cake! :cake:

We are going to be there 8/28-9/3 on the free dining. We already had ressies when Rhonda from DU called and told me about the free dining, jumped on it like a duck on a june bug.

We go every September and were thrilled to find out about the free dining. We are going 9/10-9/17 and staying at POR.

We were planning a May 2006 trip to see what WDW did for the 50th celebration. When I talked to my wife about this great deal she looked at me and said well you did good on our Texas trip this year 10 days of lodging, food, and gas cost was 480, so lets go in September. I about fell down when I did not have to convince her to go, she was all willing to go. :earseek: :earseek:

We were not planning on going this year until I read about the free dining. It was too good of a deal to pass on, and I will use any excuse to go!! :goodvibes

We were already going August 21st - 28th, but the free dining made the trip sounds even better! Can't wait :teeth:

This did it fo us too. DD and I went in May and DH stayed home because he could not get off work. We was sad after he saw te pics of DD and the fun she had had. We strated throwing the idea around of going in the fall because we both had another week vacation planned. When I heard about the free dining, it was a no brainer. We both had to switch our weeks because we had the 2nd week of Oct off from work. FOr me it was no prblem, DH was having trouble but he convinced this guy to switch after telling him how important this trip is to us. We agreed and we booked our trip the next day. Sept 25-30. :Pinkbounc

We were planning on going at the end of this month/beg. of August. But with the Free dining, we decided to wait until late Sept. (hoping it will be a little cooler)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter