How many things can you do within a 15 minutes walk or cycle of your home?

My address has a walkability score of 0.

Walking 15 minutes would not get you out of the neighborhood.

Cycling 15 minutes would get you to a gas station.

Go to a park, a post office, a farmer's market, one of several grocery stores or restaurants/bars/coffee shops, get on a bus. It's really nice, I expect we can get by with one car once I'm done commuting to work.

neighborhood park.....3 of them. That's in our housing development.
Nothing else is close enough.....maybe by bike, but I don't ride bikes, so just going with walking

Small parks/greenbelts within the neighborhood by walking. A few strip center restaurants like Subway, gas station, dry cleaner, and baseball field complex by biking.

In walking time, not much, although we have an open space trail that winds through our neighborhood so you can take a nice scenic walk.

On a bike, you can go to one of 4 shopping centers and shop or have a meal. You can get to the post office and several gas stations as well.

15 minutes walking, nothing. I'm on the outskirts of town far enough that I wouldn't get anywhere in 15 minutes.

By bicycle, the mall, gas stations, fast food, pharmacy, pizza shop, just about everything. I'm 10 miles from work with the pre-Walmart commercial area of town in between us. Now the area isn't as busy for shopping as the mall is nearly empty and Walmart, Target, and such is in a different edge of town.

Time isn't limited by bicycle for me. I'm north of Pittsburgh and DC is just a bicycle ride away 365ish miles away. That's the shortest ride I've done.

By foot Several parks, McDonalds, 3 gas stations, a clinic, 3 schools, preschool, dance studio, a pizza place and small fruit market.

By bike, one of the main streets with lots of stores and businesses.

Last edited:
My address has a walkability score of 0.

Walking 15 minutes would not get you out of the neighborhood.

Cycling 15 minutes would get you to a gas station.
Pretty much the same here except that we have a distillery across the street from the gas station and the local fairgrounds is just beyond. So a 15 minute bicycle ride gets me to the fairgrounds and to the local distillery and tasting room and the gas station 🙂 However, I live on a very busy road and wouldn't do it!

Shop, post office, golf course, tennis, fish, bike track, movie theater, restaurants, Park with basketball and softball fields, by bike/sccoter would be able to reach subway to NYC.

Several stores and restaurants, gym, parks, golf course. I walk or run every day, but I never walk to any of these places.

On foot I could easily get meals from a variety of restaurants nearby since I live close to downtown. There are a couple cafes, a dog treat bakery, banks and salons in the area. On bike I could get further and reach the nearby Target, movie theater, a handful of other restaurants and other businesses.

Tons of stuff! It’s why we chose this location.

Fifteen minutes gets us to a lake, the neighborhood amenities (playground, tennis and pickleball courts, pool, clubhouse), three grocery stores, pharmacies, a couple gas stations, banks, about half a dozen sit-down restaurants and another half dozen fast casual places, Starbucks, a few dozen shops, kid-centric businesses like a swim school, dance studio, kids gym, kids art studio, spas, salons, gyms, pilates studios, a handful of medical providers, a park, dog park, amphitheater, trails/greenspaces, sports fields/courts, and an access point to the greenway.

Two grocery stores. Two banks. Eight fast food restaurants. Two sit down restaurants. Hardware store. Two parks. Post Office. Community Center. Two schools. Two Starbucks. Barber shop. Baskin Robbins.
Numerous bus stops, not sure how many since I have only ridden public transit here twice in 65 years and that was 60 years ago.

How many things can you do within a 15 minutes walk or cycle of your home?​

I'm thinking that a distance relative to the 15 minutes might make things a bit clearer.

16 minutes per mile is the Disney Pace Required for Run Disney events and even after training there are many who find it hard to maintain. Given that metric, the responses seem to indicate that many live within 1 mile or a bit more of plenty of businesses and places of interest and they are in good physical condition.

20mph on a bicycle would relate to 5 miles from home for many businesses/places which is reasonable other than 20mph is PRETTY FAST. KUDOS and --

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 to all

A beach, a shopping mall, a multi-plex theatre, grocery stores, strip malls, bowling alley, bars and restaurants. But the Walkability score is less than 50 as many things require crossing a very busy highway, although there are crosswalks and lights.

Tons of stuff! It’s why we chose this location.

Fifteen minutes gets us to a lake, the neighborhood amenities (playground, tennis and pickleball courts, pool, clubhouse), three grocery stores, pharmacies, a couple gas stations, banks, about half a dozen sit-down restaurants and another half dozen fast casual places, Starbucks, a few dozen shops, kid-centric businesses like a swim school, dance studio, kids gym, kids art studio, spas, salons, gyms, pilates studios, a handful of medical providers, a park, dog park, amphitheater, trails/greenspaces, sports fields/courts, and an access point to the greenway.
Ha, I specifically chose where I use to live because all of that was at least a half hour drive away.

My (now unobtainable) goal is to move to similar again.

Stores, parks, bus station, two train stations, post office, library, municipal building, churches, schools ….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter