How many times will you rain on my parade?-a wet (and sometimes funny) first ever TR

eeyore04

Mouseketeer

Your attention please!

The Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a scenic trip around the world

ALL ABOARD!

HELLLLOOOOOO everyone! :wave2:

Welcome to my First EVER TR!

For those of you who are hopping over from my PTR... Welcome and so glad you could join me again!

For anyone new-very happy to get to know new people and learn about other people's trips!!!

Sit down, put up your feet and come along for the ride :drive:

If anyone wants to read the antics of my PTR that can be found here.

Just a refresher... I decided last year (2011) that I would be going to Disney World this year. In March I made it clear, and mother and brother decided to join in the fun.

8067317921_9c645ee9c2.jpg

Shortly after that, my cousin Wendy (teekathepony) and her husband Johnny decided to go to Disney World at around the same time

8067337576_21331778b1.jpg

Ok, now that you're all caught up... onto the good stuff!

CHAPTERS:

Day 1: Part 1: Really? On the first day of vacation?
Day 1: Part 2: Downtown Disney
Day 1: Part 3: The horrible ending to a magical day
Day 2: Part 1: Suck it up, princess!
Day 2-part 2: I cant believe we just did that!
Day 2: Part 3: Look out David: here comes Cirque! or& Look out Cirque: here comes David! or& look out people watching Cirque cause if you dont shut up, here comes David!
Day 3: Part 1: Rain, rain, go away... you're not supposed to come from my nose.
Day 3: Part 2: Rain, rain, go away... nor the sky, dingbat >.<
Life update: May 27, 2013
Day 3: Part 3: A magical way to end the day
Day 4: Part 1: Why, it's Mary Poppins!
Day 4: Part 2: You will not only do it, you will do it with a smile on your face.
Day 4: Part 3: Magic Kingdom Must-dos
Day 5: Part 1: A sunny day, finally?
Day 5: Part 2: You wanna do what? (times two)/Don't be a stick in the mud
Day 5: Part 3: Why are they all over there? How does that make sense?
Day 6: Part 1: What is this, a water ride?
Day 6: Part 2: Guess who?
Day 6: Part 3: What are you, a chicken?
Day 6: Part 4: A Fantasmic way to end the day
Day 7: Part 1: Amy's freak out
Day 7: Part 2: The Three Caba-whatevers
Day 7: Part 3: Strange places and familiar faces
Disney-related post but not TR
Off topic: Christmas Crafting
Day 8: Part 1: Who? What? Why?
Day 8: Part 2: A meal to remember
Day 8: Part 3: Finally alone at Walt Disney World

Day 8: Part 4: Ummmm maybe they forgot about it?
Day 9: Part 1: Last day of our Magical Vacation

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to your first TR!!!! Now back to read!

What better place to start than the beginning:

8067312793_6a19966902.jpg

Yup. 3 a.m. Our flight out of Sydney left at 6:10 so we needed to be at the airport about 4:45, which meant that since there were 3 of us that needed showers, 3 a.m. was the start. I woke up with a bit of a stuffy nose, and (maybe TMI) my 'time of the month' had started. Mother Nature, you are NOT going to rain on MY parade. I think we all had some cereal and dad took us to the airport. He waited with us for a while and then decided it was time to go home, but snapped a picture of us with his camera before he left:

8067390058_377ed4be2b.jpg

(and yes, my mother usually looks like a deer in headlights in pictures so you'll have to get used to it LOL)

The airport was very busy on this Thursday morning. A lot of men (presumably on their way “out west” for work. We boarded and took off on time, and on the flight to Toronto I had the chance to watch a new Disney movie for me-Brave. I LOVED it and did cry a little... I tried to hide it cause there were some cute young guys sitting around me :D

When we landed in TO we went straight to customs, cleared with no issues, found our gate and then went to find some breakfast. We ate some rotten airport food (but we were starving so we needed to eat something) and didn't have too long of a wait after that for our plane to board. The flight to Orlando was uneventful. I put on The Adventures of Tintin but fell asleep after about twenty minutes. Once I woke up I watched an episode of The Big Bang Theory (where they talked about Disney! (Season 5 Episode 16), I started watching another episode but a few minutes in the TVs went off for some announcements in preparation of landing! All 3 of us looked out the windows to see what we could see, we saw the Florida coastline and at that point the 3 of us had HUGE grins on our faces because of how excited we were. We had some turbulance going through the clouds but landing was smooth and soon enough we were inside the airport. We got onto the tram to take us to the main building and went to the wrong side (of course) then had to backtrack to the proper side of the airport to find Magical Express.

8067314646_a10302f156_z.jpg

We only waited a few minutes, and as we were starting to drive the rain started a little, and then a LOT.

Seriously Mother Nature? Rain? OH COME ON!

Checkin went quick (we did online checkin) and found out we were in building 5... which is where Baloo and Mowgli make their home! Which is awesome because I LOVE the Jungle Book! We were in room 5352.

We didn't stay in the room long, just enough time to freshen up and make a plan-Downtown Disney.

Up next: Mother and brother's reaction to DD and Night #1's horrible ending

I can't believe I didn't get a personal heads up/invitation/text/something! lmao
I'm in, of course!!

-- ETA: Back and read it all.--
I woke up with a bit of a stuffy nose, and (maybe TMI) my 'time of the month' had started. Mother Nature, you are NOT going to rain on MY parade.
Honestly, I pre-plan for this a few months in advance, every trip. I make sure my pills are scheduled just right so that Aunt Flo NEVER rains on my Disney parade. And that also may be TMI! :rotfl2:

We got onto the tram to take us to the main building and went to the wrong side (of course) then had to backtrack to the proper side of the airport to find Magical Express.
I did it right this year, first try! :cool1:

I am really looking forward to your first TR!!!! Now back to read!

Welcome and thanks Mary Ellen :) Can't wait to share it with everyone!

Count me in on the fun,can't wait :)

YAYYY! Welcome!

I'm excited already lol I should be working on my tr right now but my comp is actin crazy

I should have started mine at least a week ago but I'm really fantastic at procrastinating so I know the feeling!

Here...I can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

YAY! Welcome along for the ride-adventures isn't the half of it!

I can't believe I didn't get a personal heads up/invitation/text/something! lmao
I'm in, of course!!

-- ETA: Back and read it all.--

Honestly, I pre-plan for this a few months in advance, every trip. I make sure my pills are scheduled just right so that Aunt Flo NEVER rains on my Disney parade. And that also may be TMI! :rotfl2:

I did it right this year, first try! :cool1:

I was going to text you and then I kind of went right to Sydney! I knew you'd figure it out quickly.
(tmi) I don't have pills to pre-plan with. fortunately it was short and sweet and didn't rain on my parade (too much) LOL

Ooooh a new TR! I'm here (I followed you over from Queen's TR!)

Looking forward to hearing more, hope the rain stopped for you at least some of the time. :goodvibes

Carla

Ooooh a new TR! I'm here (I followed you over from Queen's TR!)

Looking forward to hearing more, hope the rain stopped for you at least some of the time. :goodvibes

Carla

Welcome and thanks for joining! :wave2: Glad that you could come visit!

Joining. Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Thanks and welcome! Knowing other people want to hear about it makes me want to write about it :)

I'm here and ready to go!!! popcorn::

Rain already??? Well hopefully it turns sunny soon!!! :beach:

Welcome!! hope you have lots of snacks cause this will be a doozy! haha

And yes, rain already. As soon as we hit the highway on the DME bus! :sad1:

:wave: Joining in.

:wave2: Glad you could join! Welcome!

When I left off we were all freshened up and ready to go. Mom and David were raring to get somewhere and we were all more than just a little hungry. We headed out to the bus stop and found this:
8087474258_b0b45fb1b8_c.jpg

Yup.... an empty bus stop. Being mid afternoon this did not surprise me but it surprised mother. She's a Disney virgin, you know. We just chit chated and as we saw a few busses for the parks come and go we waited and waited for a Downtown Disney bus to come... A family came up behind us and offered to take our picture as a group because we were switching out taking pictures of each other.
8087474589_30e27f1190_c.jpg

(It's green because my mother's camera is crazy and a little while later she reset the settings on it and it went back to normal) :rotfl:

but then we saw this:
8087473843_88f20bdb3a_c.jpg

AGAIN!? Like REALLY? A downpour at the bus stop. Ugh. ok. Keep your composure Amy. The trip will not be all rain. Will it?:scared:

FINALLY the DD bus came and we boarded the bus with a few more people and were on our way. The bus let us out at the Marketplace and I knew where I wanted to eat, but of course we needed to sight-see first. We did Disney's Days of Christmas first and spent a good 45 minutes in there, and by the time we were done I was ready to chow down. I made my suggestion, and we looked at WPE, a couple different places but my brother finally agreed after going in and looking at the menu that he would try my fav QS location in Downtown Disney-Earl of Sandwich. We both got Earl's Club while my mom decided on a salad, picked our dessert (as Mom and David had no idea why I was choosing dessert I had to explain that it was part of the QS meal)

Mandatory picture of my yummy dinner

8087477484_34e062da42_z.jpg

SOOO wish I had one of those RIGHT NOW!

After that we went over to Pin Traders and I decided I would start Pin Trading. Why on earth...? :confused3 I have no idea but I did! (more on this later)

We took our bags as David bought the rainbow Mickey head pin and I bought a starter set and a couple mystery boxes and headed to WOD. As SOON as I walked into World of Disney (by the pirates) I saw a CM wearing a Tinkerbell pin on his laynard. So we left the store immediately, sat down outside, I broke out the pins and laynard, put them on and went back to WOD to trade for Tink. LOL
After looking through the store and of course wanting EVERYTHING. We took some mandatory hat pictures (no purchases)
8087476864_93f63fcb40_c.jpg

8087476558_0d3fe2f349_c.jpg

We then went to the Lego store, drooled over that for a while and headed to Pleasure Island and the West Side.
8087476152_c8e7961b77_c.jpg

(did I mention David and I STILL at the ages of 21 & 27 get Legos every year for Christmas?) :thumbsup2

We watched the Phineas and Ferb thing for a bit from a distance and headed straight down to the end to the Cirque store.

8087475658_c3c40851a8_c.jpg

I should mention that my ENTIRE family are Cirque du Soliel fans. The four of us. I've seen 4 of their traveling shows (Saltimbanco, Alegria, Dralion and Quidam) David has seen 3 (all the same as mine except Alegria) my mother has seen Saltimbanco, Quidam plus Love, Viva Elvis, O, and one other I can't remember in Las Vegas) and my father has seen Quidam plus the same Las Vegas ones as mother. So yes-we are Cirque fans. On TOP of that for mine I have had either third (Alegria), second (Saltimbanco, Dralion) or first (Quidam) row seats for each show. I have no problem paying $145.00 a ticket (Quidam) for Cirque or 'upfront and personal' seats.

David dreams one day to work in a Cirque show, he has the voice that could take him there if he really tried. Seeing the La Nouba 'tent' was a real awe-inspiring moment for him. I mean we've seen their stadium shows at the same place that they hold hockey games and concerts; but to see this building which was built for THIS show and THIS group, was like a kid in a candy store with the biggest, fanciest candy EVER. I really saw his face light up when he first saw the tent and it really made my heart melt <3

After spending what felt like FOREVER in the Cirque shop, we walked over to Disney Quest Emporium and struck up a conversation with CM's Eddie and Sam, who were freaking amazing. David and I are now Eddie's girls and he was extra awesome to us. I traded a pin with him that he said he was sorry to see go but happy it went to “one of my girls” and then he said something to David about being a sossy queen. LMAO he was so hilarious!
8087475310_b4b35ccb6e_c.jpg

Sam took our picture... that's her arm casting a shadow across us LOL

We sauntered through the West Side and I told mom and David we didn't have to walk ALLLL the way back to the other end, we could catch the busses near Planet Hollywood when it hit me-I had that $15.00/off coupon that came with my MYW package. We decided to go in for drinks and an appetizer and asked the CM on the sidewalk if we could do walk in. He said to go up the left side and take a left in the building, we could eat at the bar. All the better!

When we got inside and came around the booth, I looked into the dining room, put my arm around my brother and pointed to Dorothy's dress from the Wizard of Oz, David's favorite movie of all time. His jaw DROPPED even more than seeing the La Nouba tent. I think he actually stuttered he was in that much shock!

We sat at the bar, ordered a VIP platter to share accompanied by expensive drinks. I had the Almost PHamous and mom had the West Side Story and David chickened out on the expensive drinks and had a Malibu and Pineapple.

My yummy, $15 drink
8087474973_58e41c1354_c.jpg

Everything was so yummy and filled our now emptying bellies even though we just ate like a few hours ago but it filled the void. We had some laughs with the bartender, toasted our amazing vacation and went to the bus stop. Back at POP we got all settled in and were ready for bed....

But wait... (you ask) didn't you say something about the night's 'horrible ending'? That's not AT ALL horrible, that's closer to magical then horrible. You are NUTS!

Nope I'm not. That's not 'the end' or even 'goodnight'

let's leave you in suspense just a bit (besides this update is farrrr too long already. Into my 3rd typed page on MS Word and I didn't even add pictures!

Stay tuned... I KNOW you wanna hear this one! :listen:

Up next: the horrible ending to a magical day

:wave2:

Woo hoo, I love empty bus stops!!!!

Good choice with Earl of Sandwich. It's definitely one of my favorites and always a great choice.

Sometimes we do irrational things in WDW, like suddenly deciding that we want to trade pins. It's okay. :rotfl:

That's AWESOME that you still get Legos every year for Christmas. I love Legos. I always look at them at the store and yearn to buy them, but I don't. :lmao:

I have so many Cirque shows on tape or DVD it's not even funny. I haven't seen that many shows live, only 'O' and La Nouba, but I agree. They're great.

Sounds like you guys had fun in DTD! I hadn't heard some of those stories, like the CMs in the emporium. Sossy queen, too funny. That should be his new nickname!
What's your flickr username? I want to add you.

That was a great update! Good job girl! Ok, now I have a confession to make....after being to WDW 12 times, I had no idea there was a shop inside the Cirque tent....what is up with that? I'm definitely going to check it out on our next one. You guys look like you're having the time of your lives....I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter