How Many Trick-Or-Treaters Did You Have?

We only had 19. Last year we had 59. Don't know what happened. Maybe there are less kids in the development.

29 exactly. We had our light on from 5:30 to 8:30, but all the kids came between 6:00 and 8:00.

We had about 100 but my friends who live a on street that goes all out for Halloween handed out 1600 pieces of candy between 5 and 8. The whole street is decorated it is so cool. My street has quite a few people who turn out their lights. I on the other hand love to hand out the candy.

216. We go to my parents house because we decorate their yard in a hallowen pumpkin patch theme. For Halloween we play music and my parents have passed out pop (soda) for the past thirty years. We are officially known as the pop house and kids still in their late teens will come and say trick or treat for their one can of pop a year. We gave out 9 cases this year from 6:00-9:00

We had 6, and that includes the neighbors 3 for which we make a special bag. This is down from about 20 last year and had peaked at about 45-50 several years ago. It seems like most of the kids in the neighborhood were about the same age as ours so they're in their early 20's now. We had purchased a couple boxes of 30 at Costco, so one of them will be going back and donated the rest to the local school that somehow funnels them out to the military...

None. We had a huge wind/rain storm on Monday. There were so many trees down, power lines down, and no electricity in many, many areas, so several towns announced that Halloween was postponed until tonight (Friday). We still have no power (although 90% of the area residents have had power restored), so if the town IS doing trick-or-treating tonight, I don't know if we'll participate. We can't turn on the porch light anyhow, and the front yard has some holes, rocks, etc.; DH isn't happy about having kids traipsing around in the dark. It's hard enough without power- all we need is for somebody to hit a hole an break an ankle.

I'm ready for the power to come back on...

Zero

I had some fives ready just in case we got some. I just give out money if we get any. 1. I don’t need or anyone on the house need any left over candy. 2. Kids don’t need candy. They will already have enough. My house sits off the road a ways on a rural street so don’t get many trick or treaters. Been a few years since I got any.

None. We had a huge wind/rain storm on Monday. There were so many trees down, power lines down, and no electricity in many, many areas, so several towns announced that Halloween was postponed until tonight (Friday). We still have no power (although 90% of the area residents have had power restored), so if the town IS doing trick-or-treating tonight, I don't know if we'll participate. We can't turn on the porch light anyhow, and the front yard has some holes, rocks, etc.; DH isn't happy about having kids traipsing around in the dark. It's hard enough without power- all we need is for somebody to hit a hole an break an ankle.

I'm ready for the power to come back on...

That sounds like us when Sandy came thru a few years back. We wound up doing Halloween on its correct day, but had no power. What we did to avoid kids having issues in the dark was set up some lawn chairs at the end of the driveway and we gave the candy out from there. The frustrating part was that while we were sitting out there the power came back on for the neighborhood across a field..we didn't get it back for another couple days.

Zero

I had some fives ready just in case we got some. I just give out money if we get any. 1. I don’t need or anyone on the house need any left over candy. 2. Kids don’t need candy. They will already have enough. My house sits off the road a ways on a rural street so don’t get many trick or treaters. Been a few years since I got any.

$5 bills? ( I was sitting here puzzling over a candy named "fives" until I reread your post and it said money!) That's sure a way to guarantee getting a swarm NEXT year!

I have to admit I do kind of like the money idea rather than overbuying candy - but I'd be thinking in terms of a roll of quarters on standby just in case!

We had 3, so we were glad we had purchased candy just in case. The last few years we haven't had anyone.

I love all the people here who are providing exact numbers, like you kept a notebook with you and made hash marks for each kid!

I love all the people here who are providing exact numbers, like you kept a notebook with you and made hash marks for each kid!
I am guessing they had X# pieces of candy and only gave 1 per kid or 2 and counted remaining. I'm going to do that next time because I am curious. The house we lived in for the last 10 Halloween's, before this one, had like 30-40 kids come and my new house, this year, was a crazy mad rush. Didn't know that happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter