How many WDW vets currently have a trip planned to Disneyland?

Jdismom

Mouseketeer
As mentioned in another thread, it seems like a lot of Disneyworld regulars are planning trips to Disneyland. Due to FP+, Magic Band transition, and construction everywhere, we've decided it's a good time to take a break from WDW and check out Walt's original park for the first time.

We're not going until next summer, but I'm in the habit of planning a Disney vacation far in advance. I'm discovering this trip may be a little easier to plan out and I'm looking forward to it.

Who else from WDW is going to DL in the next year?

We have at least one trip to DL planned.

It has nothing to do with construction, FP+ or any other frustration about WDW. We just love the west coast parks and wish we could visit them frequently.

We're heading out Labor Day weekend for my wife to do the Disneyland Half. I would normally run with her, but I am preparing myself for the Goofy Challenge at WDW in January. So I get to watch the kids on race morning.

First time for any of us in California. Furthest west I have been is Vegas.

ME ME!! See my ticker!!

We are so close, I can taste it! My trip to Disneyland has nothing to do with the FP+ stuff going on at WDW, though. Hubby and I decided that we wanted to do our honeymoon in California so we are doing a few days at DL, a couple days driving up the coast and the rest of the trip in the San Francisco area. But I am mega excited about our two whole days in the DL parks! :yay:

We are looking at a 5/25-6/4 trip.
Have not booked yet.

We are considering it because FP+ is a huge turn off. We switched our trip this past May and did SeaWorld/BG/Aquatica instead.

But I am a little hesitant. I'm starting to wonder if Disney just isn't for us anymore. :(

After many trips to WDW we decided to celebrate my son's high school graduation with a trip to Disneyland. We will be there from Aug 2-9th and are staying at the Camelot Inn. We are hoping it will be much milder temps than the ones we experience in Aug at WDW. Sooooo excited!! :banana:

We are WDW regulars too. Going to DLR in October. It doesn't really have anything to do with FP+, we just want to try something different. Neither of us have been to DL since childhood and our dd has never been. Going back to WDW in September or October of next year too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We're WDW locals and have our second trip planned for DLR in 24 days. We fell in love with it last september, a whole new place for us to explore! We still love WDW and all it has to offer of course, but we love comparing the two and love them each for different reasons.

We did yearly trips for three years to WDW. Then last Christmas I took my older son to DLR and we just loved it, so now everyone is going back next month. :) I cannot wait!!

I'm a WDW vet and I'm planning a trip back to Disneyland next April. My husband and I went to Disneyland for the first time in May and we both fell in love with it. We loved how quaint it was and so easy to park hop. We did other parts of CA but did 5 days in the parks and I know we missed things. Next time we're doing a few days in San Diego and then 5 days at Disneyland. I can't wait to go back!

In the meantime I'm going to visit my sister who lives in Florida this winter so I'll be experiencing fast pass + for the first time, we'll see how it goes.

I am doing both! SO excited! I decided it was time for the family to go back to WDW, we don't go every year, it's been 3 years...and right after we booked the trip, my job announced a conference at Disneyland, which starts days before my WDW vacation! So I am going to the 'land, then flying cross country to meet my family at the 'world! I haven't tried the FP+ yet, it's too early to book, but not looking forward to it, it sounds like a huge hassle, and I'm looking forward to the Magic Bands, actually...but we did have construction woes associated with our WDW plans. First booked at WL, learned on this board of the pool construction, so then changed to AKL, THEN learned we had a PIN for FD, so changed again to POFQ. Can't wait for my trip(s)! SO EXCITED!!!:goodvibes

I've been to WDW three times. In a little over two weeks I will walk the Main Street that Walt Disney walked. I'm getting a little teary just thinking about it! I need help, lol. :rolleyes1

We are getting ready to go in a few weeks in combination with my uncle's 70th birthday. That said, I haven't been keeping up with the good/bad/ugly of the FP+. From what spills onto the DL forums, it sounds like mostly negative feelings.

I would like to head back to WDW in the next 6 mos or so - maybe they'll have worked out some of the bugs!

We are!!! We went to WDW in February and are going to Disneyland in August!!! Our first DL trip and we are so excited!! I did the princess half and my son and I are doing the DL 10k. He's so excited to get a real medal after doing wdw kids race 3 yr ago and the 5k this year with the rubber medallions.
I actually loved FP+ and the magic bands. We had a group of 11 and it was so easy to make fps selections for us all and change thru the day if people went different places. The bands were so convenient and we luckily had no issues with them.
It was hard waiting to make ADRs til 60 days out for DL but I was able to get what we wanted no problem.
Enjoy your planning and trips!!!

We have a DL trip in October! The fall break crowds and weather at WDW made us want to try DL for fall break.

Just back a couple of weeks ago!! I will have to admit that I didn't have my expectations set very high, being a WDW veteran. But Wow!!! Was I blown away!!! I am now totally in live with DL. Everyone keeps asking me which one is better. My answer is they are too different to compare but both are amazing!!!! (It's like trying to choose who is your favorite child...you just can't because you love them equally). I hope that someday I have the opportunity to return to DL! :)

ME!!!!

I'll be at DLR in two weeks! But it has nothing to do with FP+, etc., at WDW.

We were at EPCOT for NYE this year, and then two weeks later at all four parks with friends, and we'll probably be back at WDW for Food & Wine later this year. We always stay with my parents, so we've never experienced the perks of onsite stays and booking through Disney at WDW. The hand-wringing over MagicBands and FP+ seems a little overdone to me anyway ... maybe we're just lucky to go during times when it's not crowded or hitting all the E-Tickets isn't a real priority for us? IDK.

Excited to see anything and everything DLR has to offer!!!!

Me!!!! We did try FP+ and hated it, but we were already addicted to DLR and have been alternating trips for the past 4 or 5 years. We would have been taking our next DL trip anyway. I think we are going to give WDW one more try, but if we hate FP+ as much as last time, we will be sticking to DLR and branching out to Non- Disney locales for a while.

17 time visitor to WDW in Orlando, all driving. Living in OH/KY all my life, California was a dream as it was 3,000 miles away. On came the new job the forced me to give up the fear of flying, so now with a few flights under my belt we are going to Disneyland for the first time for Fall Break. Our family has never been so excited for a trip.

Ironically flights from KY are cheaper to CA than to Orlando that week, so we're saving a few transportation dollars. Construction and fastpass+ had no influence on our decision, the new found comfort of flying has opened doors that had been closed the first 40 years of my life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter