• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how messy are you in hotel rooms?

Not messy at all. The first thing I do is unpack and organize everything neatly. I will tidy up often and we make the bed daily. I find it very stressful to have a messy room and to dig around in a suitcase, so it makes for a more relaxing vacation when everything is neat.

Last year we did our first vacation where the kids (16, 18, 23) stayed completely separate from us (on another floor in the same building). Spouse and I had a suite with couch area and larger balcony so they spent a good bit of time hanging out in our room. But the few times we stopped by their room, we didn't even step inside because it was such a mess. Everyone just had a small carry-on, so I don't even know how they had enough stuff to be that messy.

No mess here. I treat the room as if it were my home.

This is me; I unpack as soon as I can putting everything in its place. I really don't like living out of a suitcase. I make the bed daily except on cleaning day. I hate getting into an unmade bed at the end of the day. I wash the dishes we are going to use for our stay before using them and I do my dishes as we use them, we don't use the dishwasher. I only leave the towels on the floor on cleaning and trash and towel day, so housekeeping knows what towels to take.

In terms of the bed and clothes, my family and I tend to keep it clean. But by the end of a trip we'll have accumulated a bunch of assorted stuff (mostly souvenirs, packaged food and receipts), and that usually gets spread out on the dresser, and disappears as I start sorting (and tossing out) things appropriately.

I always tidy up before we leave for the parks.. hate leaving a mess.

Perfectly clean, neat, and tidy. I don't want housekeeping coming in and seeing a mess.

They did anyways because I had a wife and 2 girls. 3 against 1, it's like a tornado went through the room, but nothing of mine and there was nothing I could do or say anything about.

We always keep our room tidy and before checking out make sure to make things easier for the housekeeper, throwing out trash and grouping all the towels together. To me that's just being respectful. I'm sure we're the exception though, I can only imagine what some rooms look like.

I keep the room clean because I'm in it. I make the bed, hang the towels, put the trash in the trash can, etc. I usually tell them not to come fix my room while I am there because I don't like anyone in my room.
My biggest issue is always the trash containers. They are ridiculously small, especially if we get take to eat in the room, they get filled up quickly, so I usually have a couple trash bags in my suitcase.

Not very messy. I unpack as soon as I get my room and put my suitcase in the closet. I have a hanging toiletry bag that I put things back into as I use them so there is usually not anything on the bathroom counters. I hang my towels if I'm re-using them. When I take off my clothes, my dirty ones go into my suitcase. I do sometimes have a rain coat or poncho drying over a chair or a bathing suit on the line in the bathtub. I put my shoes in the closet. If I have snacks, they go in a cabinet. If my trash if more than the trash can will hold, I'll take it out to one of the of the outside trash cans. I don't make up my bed but I'm one of those people who is pretty still when I sleep so sometimes only one corner of it is turned down. I usually ask that housekeeping doesn't come to my room. If I need more coffee or clean towels, I'll ask for them when I see a cart in the hallway.

Not so much during but I always clean up at the end, strip the beds and put all the towels together.

We are very neat and tidy in a hotel room. Cleaner than at home.

one hotel stay last year, I had a crafting project with me, as I was working on it, my space was very tidy, didn‘t want to loose any pieces, or accidentally leave something behind.

I keep the room clean because I'm in it. I make the bed, hang the towels, put the trash in the trash can, etc. I usually tell them not to come fix my room while I am there because I don't like anyone in my room.
My biggest issue is always the trash containers. They are ridiculously small, especially if we get take to eat in the room, they get filled up quickly, so I usually have a couple trash bags in my suitcase.
YES!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter