How messy is your car console?

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
Mine is a mess with napkins, pens, small bottles of lotions, etc.

Not anymore! I just purchased a few items from Amazon to organize my Chrysler Town & Country-including a purse organizer that I put in my VERY deep center console! Before my recent purchases it was always a hot mess- it’s been over a week and staying clean so far!

Not messy. I'm not in the console very often. I'm in the glover box more often, or in one of the overhead bins built into the headliner.

Timely thread! Mine is a mess. I have my BBW room spray for the car, two BBW fragrances, $30 in cash that stays in there for emergencies, spray sunscreen for my face and hands while driving, emergency sunglasses, a backup phone charger, and pens + misc. I can't seem to keep things organized in there.

Not anymore! I just purchased a few items from Amazon to organize my Chrysler Town & Country-including a purse organizer that I put in my VERY deep center console! Before my recent purchases it was always a hot mess- it’s been over a week and staying clean so far!
Can you share some of the type of items you got from Amazon?

My car is pretty tidy. I work from my car, so I keep a lot of daily necessities in it; and, I need to be able to find everything easily. I invested in some organizational solutions off amazon also:
2 large organizers for my work supplies in the trunk + 3 smaller organizers for the bits and bobs that get lost.
Trash container
Over the seat organizer for office supplies and paperwork.
Purse organizer (in the console) for smaller items like mail clippers, tissues, post it notes, charging cords.

Not messy at all - my new car is only 2 years old and I keep it very neat & tidy.

When I had my mini van, when my DD20 was playing travel softball, that van was not good :sad2: My DH called it the rolling locker room, and it was. We lived in that van and when my DD was going through puberty and her feet smelled, it was even worse. One day her and her teammate/BFF left their cleats in the van on a hot summer day & night and then it smelled like a locker room. That poor van took so much abuse :rotfl:

Mine's in pretty good shape. I like a tidy car. It's rarely driven by anyone but me. It got kind of bad when I was shlepping DS18 everywhere--he would eat snacks while we travelled. Now, he drives himself (in his brother's car, mostly).

Every year for Mother's Day, my kids clean and wash my car. You can usually tell how many months it's been by how much crap is on the floor.

Console is not too bad, some pens, mints and ketchup packets, but not enough to seem cluttered. The real tragedy is the back seat, where all of the "necessary" items, most of this misguided as needed, reside. Unfortunately, When I do see fit to clean it out, most of the junk finds it way back again.

My husband has always been neurotic about keeping our cars clean. We just got a new car 6 weeks ago, it sat in the garage for 10 days while we were on vacation. He’s already washed it once, hand wash only. (We’re in Western NY or it would have been more than that.) The only things we keep in the car are his sunglasses & our 2 phone chargers. I keep my reusable grocery bags in the back, neatly folded & all tucked into 1. We never eat in the car & anything we bring in goes back out with us when we get home.

Reactions: GAN
I'll admit, I've needed to vacuum out the car for months!
In my defense, I do live in a "colder" climate. When it's been nice, I do more FUN things, and when it isn't nice out, I'm not going to vacuum the car!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter