How much are you spending in Gas?

E85 here is $3.22 so I spent $81.00 to fill suburban.

But here we see the totals very high. Try filling farm pick-ups, grain trucks,combines, and semi's were talking a couple thousand a week if your lucky and that is one farm.

Gas here is $4.28/gal for 85 here in CT right now.

DH drives about 20-25 miles each way for work.... using our '99 Toyota Corolla. I drive similar mileage in our '03 Subaru Forester.

Last month, we spent $277 on gas.

My minivan was $72 to fill up yesterday, and that will last 7-10 days. DH's Taurus is taking about $65 to fill up...and it lasts a week. So average $130 per week for our 2 cars...that's anywhere from $500-$650 per month!!

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

$60 a week for our 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

(and that's with me working less than 2 miles from home - part time.)

Between $100-$150 perweek for me, Buick Enclave, hubby drives a Chev-Uplander and averages about $250 per week..company pays his gas tho!
OUCH!:confused3

Luckily with school out now I won't have to drive much. I have an hour commute to work (about 42 miles each way) so I was filling up my Jeep every couple of days. I paid $3.95 a gallon on Thursday so it will be nice to have a break from that this summer.

Gas is about $4.09 for regular by my house (though I've seen it as high as $4.25 nearby), and it usually costs me about $55 to fill up, though I almost NEVER let my tank go empty. I try to fill up as soon as my gas light comes on, which means I still have a couple of gallons left. A tank usually lasts 7-14 days, depending on my schedule, so I'm spending anywhere from $110-220 a month on gas.

I drive an '03 Subaru Impreza, and usually get about 25 mpg. I know it really could be worse, but I remember filling my tank on $20 when I first got my car! :headache:

$20 a week, BUT I car share with 3 others. If it were just me, it would be $80 per week.

I visit my boyfriend using the train for $8 return. Driving would cost at least $25.

From September I'm walking to school most of the time, so my costs will be almost nothing. If I can get my bike down here I may not even need the car at all.

It's $10 a gallon here; it's not an option to commute long distances any more.

We budget $450.00 per month. We used to have money left over each month.
Not anymore.:(
My DH drives 60 miles round trip 3 days per week. He drives an SUV that gets 20 mpg.
Both DD15 and DD6 are in a summer swim league and I have to travel 60 miles round trip 4 times per week. I drive a car that gets 30 mpg. I'm also hoping that gas prices stabilize soon.

We only have one car, and my husband drives about 80 miles round trip to work.. 7 days a week. But every other week he rides with his friend, so that helps out TONS. So we are probably spending an average of $75. per week. We are at the Y every day for the kids stuff... plus running around town for errands and such. We have a Toyota Matrix. AWESOME gas mileage on that puppy! BUT... he is changing shifts at the end of the summer, so that means no more carpooling, and a new car... Plus more insurance, and gas. :headache: Looking forward to him working days, but I dont know if it is worth it cost wise.

We spend about $1200 a month on gas. Dh and I have long commutes, but we have sold our house and will be moving much closer in 18 days!:cool1: We'll be going from 350+ miles a week (each) to about 75 miles a week!:banana:

$75 & Up (depending on the price) every 6-7 days for my Jeep Liberty. I have limited my driving and even started carpooling with a co-worker at least 1-2 times a week! :thumbsup2

$58 a week with my ford escape. Getting gas really hurts me. I teach preschool 5 days a week and go through a tank a week. The economy really stinks right now especially for people like me who have jobs that dont really pay too well. I wonder if things will be getting better any time soon...my guess is it will not!

4 drivers in our household::scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

DH & I spend about $50 a week in gas. we both have older cars that get average mileage.

Kids spend about $15-$20 per week. both have part time summer jobs and just travel about the town a bit.
so guess for our family we are spending $130-$140 per week... This is so insane. How is it possible to cut back when you work 25 minutes from your home. I still have to go to grocery store and do same errands....

the only thing I have cut back on is entertainment for weekends because we can't afford it anymore

Anyone else cutting back in areas other than driving??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter