How much data does MaxPass use?

qa4ever

Mouseketeer
I am from Canada and understand there isn't free wifi in the parks so I need to buy a data plan to use MaxPass. Wondering how much realistically I would use per day for MaxPass? Just wondering what plan to get.

There IS free wifi, but it is only in certain areas, and it is slow. MaxPass uses very little data, however.

The wifi is at certain points in the park which are marked on the app. You can use it for maxpass but you have to go to the areas, which is pretty much like getting paper fastpasses! If you can get some data too then you have a few options.

As a fellow Canadian, the wifi was pretty unreliable and we had to use data a lot (this was earlier in the year, not sure if it has improved by now). We found it was better financially to get our provider's international roaming plan ($7 a day with telus) rather than get the long distance charges. You can also looking into getting a US sim card. We have a shared 2g data plan and we didn't go over in the two park days we had.

I am from Canada and understand there isn't free wifi in the parks so I need to buy a data plan to use MaxPass. Wondering how much realistically I would use per day for MaxPass? Just wondering what plan to get.

Many people on this forum recommend using Roam Mobility and I am one of them! :-)

Here is the link:

https://roammobility.com/

NOTES:

* You will need an unlocked phone since you need to switch out the SIM card

* I "think" you can get your carrier to unlock your phone. New legislation in effect so "think" they have to unlock for "free" (they cannot charge you for this service)

* You can buy your SIM card online or at a retail store (if you have stores near you that carry them)

* Check for sales ... sometimes the SIM card goes on sale either online or in the retail store

* Double check that your phone is compatible with Roam Mobility

* If you are going for a long period of time, consider the monthly plan vs daily plan (although some people still prefer the daily plan because they're heavy data users)

* Do a search for "Roam Mobility" on the DIS forum and you should be able find previous discussions re: this topic

* I considered getting a SIM card in the USA upon arrival but a DIS member pointed out that Roam Mobility included long distance phone calls to Canada (which the USA SIM card provider did not include)

Good luck and have fun! :-)

I asked about this in the Canadian board and got the same feedback, either roaming for $7/ day or roam mobility. Personally, I’ve looked at the plans of roam mobility and would be going with that :)

We are from Australia and bought a 4gb plan for our entire 3 week holiday, 4 days at Disney and didn’t use it all.
So, I don’t think it uses a huge amount of data, it does use a lot of charge!!! I had a full battery and used max pass ALL day and ran out of charge early evening, obviously it depends on your phone.

Last year, we used Maxpass all day and the data use was minimal. I don't recall having to charge my phone until late in the evening (or I'd plug it in if we went back to the hotel for an afternoon nap). But it really depends on how much you are using your phone for photos, calls, and other activities. You can also carry a small recharger pack as a backup to charge your phone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter