How much do you plan on for tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMLDisney12

Mouseketeer
We had the free dining plan when we went and I thought I had read that tips were included. I was quite surprised when we got there and found out that gratuities were not in fact included. That being said, we had to spend a huge chunk of our spending money on tips. Then I started thinking that we might have been over tipping.
We had the Dining plus I think. One quick serve and one sit down per day. We were there 10 nights and spent just about $300 on tips. I'm thinking next time we are just going to do the quick serve and splurge on one sit down possibly. Which stinks because there are SO many great sit down restaurants.

That seems about right. You didn't say how many people were in your party. But if you figure that an average meal runs about 30 per person when you add in an entree, drink and dessert and you have four people. That puts ten meals at 1200. If you tip 18% then you should be planning on $216 for tips. Chances are that you had some meals more than that especially if you did a buffet. I personally only tip 15% at buffets because they do less for you. On the other hand if the server plays a large role such as entertaining than I tip 20%. I know that tipping can start a huge debate but the average suggested tip is 18%. That is standard. So I think that this is money that you need to set aside.

Oh and do the DDP calculator tool. It is in a thread just below this one and download it. Put in all your meals and it will give a rough estimate on the tips you will have to pay.

Closing, as all tipping discussion on the Restaurant boards is limited to the Tipping Information sticky thread on the main Restaurant board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter