How much do you usually spend on souvenirs?

I'm just curious what everyone averages. We're really not souvenir people when it comes to WDW, but I feel like the outlier. On other trips I might buy something unique from the place I'm visiting, but when it comes to Disney we are very minimal. We always buy a Christmas ornament, and the kids are given their own spending money to manage themselves. So that might be $100 for both of the kids combined and $30 for the ornament. Last trip I bought myself a spirit jersey and it felt like a really big indulgence because I almost never buy anything for myself while on vacation in WDW. This trip all I want is a coffee mug and extra Gideon's cookies to bring home.

We're not souvenir people either. Most trips we don't bring any souvenirs home. Occasionally we will see something that we have to have and will buy it, but that's a rare occurrence for us.

We spend far too much. But the kids are young (both in elementary school) so they love stuff. Our December 2021/January 2022 trip was about $300 total but that’s including the DVC discount. We always get an ornament, the kids always get a Loungefly backpack, and we always get 1 set of ears (3 total pairs for the kids plus me).

I anticipate our November 2022 trip will be around $500 (including discounts), as we will likely pick up things we can put under the Christmas tree for the kids. However, depending on what new holiday gear comes out, we could be higher for November 2022. If we get a BBB reservation, we could be lower because those dresses take up quite a bit of room.

Last edited:
We don't usually spend a lot on extras. I usually buy 2 Disney themed polo shirts (I wear polo shirts everyday to work), the Mrs usually buys a disney notepad and an animal figurine from Animal Kingdom. Sometimes we will buy a pin if it is related to something special we did (new ride, party, stuff like that) Overall, we probably spend about 150 between the two of us on souvies for a 7 day trip

Not much. DD29 has bought some tiki mugs and Hawaiian shirts, but mostly we have just memories and a few pictures.

Unless I buy a Disney Dooney - I usually don’t buy any souvenirs-except maybe balloons for our grands…however - Oct 2021 was different…I did get some 50th items.

Maybe a Christmas ornament. When my son was younger he could pick out one item. It saved the - can I get this all day. I was surprised and he never went extravagant.

I once bought a Disney tote on impulse. I felt so guilty as it was like $100. It is to this day my favorite bag when I travel. Just the perfect size. Wish I could get 10 more.

We buy a Christmas ornament or two on every trip and that’s it. When my kids were young they saved birthday and chore money and we gave them a bit. I would say neither of them ever brought more than $100 or so.
We’ve been so many times now we don’t really want to buy anything extra .

I let the kids (late teens now) pick out a shirt or something. That's been our tactic for every vacation. Anything else they'll have to buy themselves. I'm not full-on minimalist but after you have to help clean out older relatives homes after they pass away...man, it really affects how you look at "stuff".

Not too much, but we don’t buy stuff in the parks. Last time we went to Walmart down there and they had a huge Disney area in the front of the store. The kids picked out some keychains and pins and got a tshirt each. Probably spent as much as 1 shirt in the parks, lol.

It depends on the trip. DH might buy a polo shirt or t-shirt, but sometimes he doesn't buy anything. The kids usually get a thing or two but we give them a budget of about $50. I'm the wildcard. I won't buy something just for the sake of buying a souvenir, but if I see something that I like and will use, I'll buy it. Some trips I only buy a Christmas ornament (I get one every trip) and other times I'll buy the ornament, a Dooney & Burke bag, a sweatshirt, and a watch....which is more like $500-600 just for me. I would say on average, we spend about $400/trip...but we only go once every year or two.

I usually budget around $100 for souvenirs. Usually some combination of: a Christmas ornament, a pin or two, a pair of ears, a shirt/sweatshirt, a mug, etc.

We spend a lot of money on Disney merch, shopping is one of the reasons we go to WDW. Usually clothes, collectibles, jewelry, sometimes art. I'm not sure of the amount, but it would be in the hundreds of dollars.:earsboy:

My kids usually spend about $100 each ( so $200). Both my girls are in elementary school. They save money until the trip and I "top them Off" as they call it and grand parents chip in a little. ODD was 9 last time and she bought things like a necklace, table decoration, picture.... YDD ( 7) bought all stuffed animals....yep... every time. One day her closet will explode due to her love of stuffed animals. DH & I don't buy anything.... the trip I guess- HA!

At this stage of life, older couple, empty nest, only buy an occasional T-shirt (I bought the blue 50th T-shirt when we were there in Sept.) I also bought a Mickey shirt for my new grandson, in addition to a Hogwarts shirt. I do have quite a few things from previous trips - coffee mugs, shirts, dish towels, a lightweight jacket, and a Dooney & Bourke purse I bought when I had an AP discount. I have several AP shirts from Epcot Flower & Garden festival.

We have some stuffed animals from trips with the kids that I saved for grandchildren - I know we have Beaker and the Cheshire cat, plenty of Minnie, Mickey, and Pluto and Pooh characters in various outfits, mostly from AK. Went one year for the Candlelight Processional dinner package at Epcot and had a discount on shopping that day, so we have some ornaments and each kid got a Fontanini item for our home creche - we have a bunch of birds, cats, and a drummer boy that evoke fond memories. So while we have spent a lot over the last 20 years, not much any more. I ay for nicer meals now!

This is really subjective. Some people spend very little, others spend a lot. I usually spend a lot because I get Dooney & Bourke handbag(s )and Pandora charm(s).

I usually buy 1 mug per trip (kind of like a memory of that specific trip) but since the shops don't have a large variety of mugs I barely buy any merch. MAYBE a t shirt but I'm very picky with which designs I like. I usually spend my "fun money" budget on food/drinks rather than a souvenir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter