How much do YOU worry about theft @ Disney?

I didn't worry about it on our last trip, which was the first time I'd ever wandered around Disney with a stroller. But I never left anything on the stroller except a diaper bag and a blanket. :) I was more worried about someone accidentally taking the stroller (thinking it was theirs) or me just losing the thing than I was about someone deliberately taking it. I would have been sad about the blanket and annoyed about the bag (buying diapers at Disney prices is the pits), but it wouldn't have been a vacation ender.

Thank goodness everyone seems to be in agreement that even though it is WDW we all realize not everyone is there with good intentions. I always see posts about things like this where people say oh I never think about it or take stuff out of my stroller because WDW is full of families. I do not think it is in any way a dangerous place (it is my favorite place to be) but I do think people should secure their belongings and use common sense.

I had posted on another thread in the parks section last week about a cute little attachable stroller light I had found on Amazon to help with identifying our stroller at night. There were quite a few responses about fear of it getting stolen. I hadn't even thought about that, but it got me thinking.....is it enough of a concern to not leave ANYTHING in our stroller? I mean, I get that basic measures of taking valuables with you is a necessity, etc. Experiences?

I was never more or less worried than anywhere else. Back in our stroller days, I never left anything valuable in the stroller (That meant phone/camera/wallet). I had no second thoughts about leaving the diaper bag.

I feel the same way at Disney as I feel anywhere else. I would never leave anything I really mind being stolen, but that being said nothing ever has been. Like many others, we've left rain jackets, diaper bags, snacks, water, etc. but not wallets or phones. I don't necessarily think a light would attract attention, but if you are worried about it, how about a brightly colored bandana? We used a fluorescent orange one and an American flag one. Both really helped out, since the cast members sometimes rearrange strollers while you're on rides. Bandanas pack easily, too!

I would say I worry about theft LESS at Disney World than other places, but still won't leave a wallet or camera in the stroller. I rent a stroller while down there (from an offsite rental place so we're using it all week) and this time I think I will decorate the stroller with something the would be difficult to remove without a pair of scissors. This will make our stroller easier to spot in the stroller parking areas, and I would hope less attractive to a thief- if the stroller is more distinctive (decorated with lots and lots of curling ribbon for example) it would be more likely to spot if it was taken, so therefore less likely for someone to take it.
Then there's the old trick of placing a dirty (looking) wadded up diaper in the seat- anyone who looked twice wouldn't be walking off with that!

about 3 years ago on our kids first trip we had stuff stolen from our stroller without going into details it was pretty bad :( the stroller was pushed around the park and abadonned after looted. not fun at all.

I would say I worry about theft LESS at Disney World than other places, but still won't leave a wallet or camera in the stroller. I rent a stroller while down there (from an offsite rental place so we're using it all week) and this time I think I will decorate the stroller with something the would be difficult to remove without a pair of scissors. This will make our stroller easier to spot in the stroller parking areas, and I would hope less attractive to a thief- if the stroller is more distinctive (decorated with lots and lots of curling ribbon for example) it would be more likely to spot if it was taken, so therefore less likely for someone to take it.
Then there's the old trick of placing a dirty (looking) wadded up diaper in the seat- anyone who looked twice wouldn't be walking off with that!
That "trick" is so old it is ridiculous. It would take me exactly ten seconds to pick the diaper up and throw it on the ground. In fact if I was a stroller their that is the stroller I would take. Why, because there is a garbage pail every ten feet at Disney. Would would anyone leave a dirty diaper in or tied to a stroller when they can throw it out? There must be something in there they don't want people to get.

In our trips, I have only taken cheap strollers...when we had one kid, it was a Jeep stroller we got on Amazon for like $35. Now that we have twins, it is a used Maclaren stroller we got for $50 that we pretty much only use for Disney (maybe the zoo or a festival a few times a year). I do keep diapers, wipes, and sunscreen in the stroller along with a lunchbox style soft sided cooler with water bottles. The diapers and wipes I keep in a gallon size Ziploc bag so anyone can see it is diapers and wipes (although, we won't need diapers our next trip!). I bring a change of clothes for the kids-again in a gallon size Ziploc so you can see it isn't anything fun, but we go in summer so they are the $3 shorts and tank tops from Walmart. Sometimes the kids might leave sunglasses in there, but they are cheap sunglasses.
Anyhow, I guess we worry a little, so we don't take anything that nice. I'm pretty sure that someone's new BOB stroller with a Coach diaper bag and Disney clothes and souvenirs would look more enticing than our really old Maclaren with a Ziploc bag full of diapers.

And we have seen squirrel thefts as well.

I wouldn't leave anything valuable in the stroller.....ever. The odds of anything being stolen are probably very small, but it does happen.

A few years ago, some of my extended family had a bag of newly purchased park merchandise stolen out of the bottom on their stroller in the MK. Another family whose stroller was parked nearby had a purse (with all of their passports inside) stolen as well :(

Ah....souvenirs...hadn't thought of that one either. We will be staying offsite, so won't be able to utilize Disney's offer to have it delivered to your room.

Ah....souvenirs...hadn't thought of that one either. We will be staying offsite, so won't be able to utilize Disney's offer to have it delivered to your room.
you can have them sent to the front of the park for pick up later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter