How much is loyalty worth?

BennyBoyWrench

Earning My Ears
As some who have seen my few posts, we're still waiting to join DVC. We were due to join just as the pandemic hit and haven't been able to reach our DVC Rep since the start of March. We really want to get in before the minimum points increase, and are quite aware that any Disney rep can sell us the contract we want, but how much longer would you wait for the guy who put in all the ground work to get back in touch?
I've no idea how much commission these guys make, and I'd hate to think of somebody missing out through no fault of their own.

Leave a message again or call the dvc number all your info should already be in the system. Explain who you worked with and that you are ready to make the purchase. Someone will get back to you fairly quickly.

I agree, just call the main DVC number. If your guide (Disneynglish for "sales rep") is available, they should be able to put you in touch with him. Or, maybe he's no longer a guide. Either way, I'd call and find out. 800-500-3990

I sat on a waiting list for months, and then reached out to my guide. Amazingly, less than a week later, they found me the points I wanted at BLT. Funny how that happens...

Not all DVC Guides are back to work. Based on comments from a friend that is a DVC Guide, only about 1/3rd are back yet.

I was in the same position as you, and my Guide just came back to work a few weeks ago. I had given myself until August to get the summer deals and and was back in the first week in August.

Do the online chat and ask for assistance. I couldn’t get through on the phone, so I used the chat feature and they had the agent I previously spoke with contact me within minutes. I just pulled the trigger on buying the 100 points direct for the same reason. The higher expense over resale is worth it to me to get the benefits. I can only assume the minimum requirement will continue to increase and I didn’t want to miss my chance.

I have a meeting set with my Guide for tomorrow planning on 200 points at RR.
@HMyers12: Nice - snagging a nice discount there! Are you doing one 200-point contract or splitting it into two 100-point contracts? You still get the discount if the total points reach that threshold (but there's a bit of a cost for having them split it). We did one big contract of 400 - haha. We don't plan on selling and don't have kids to leave it to but probably should have split it at least into two contracts just in case - oops :-). Welcome Home, Riviera neighbor!

@BennyBoyWrench - agreed with what was said above, I'm guessing your guide just was furloughed longer than most - totes could chat / call and talk with a different guide or wait. We were going to use the same guide as a friend but got tired of waiting so just cold called. By then we knew exactly what we wanted so it was an easy sale :-). Woot! Can't wait until our first trip as DVC owners in Feb 2021. 176 Days and counting :-).

@HMyers12: Nice - snagging a nice discount there! Are you doing one 200-point contract or splitting it into two 100-point contracts? You still get the discount if the total points reach that threshold (but there's a bit of a cost for having them split it). We did one big contract of 400 - haha. We don't plan on selling and don't have kids to leave it to but probably should have split it at least into two contracts just in case - oops :-). Welcome Home, Riviera neighbor!

I was planning on doing one at 200 point, I find the whole split thing a bit confusing. I might has my contact about it tomorrow though to see what the cost saving is.

@HMyers12 it actually costs a little more to split the points into smaller contracts - the advantage is if you want to give them to kids later on, that's two 100-point contracts each with blue card benefits. Or if you decide you want to sell off 100 points at some point it's easy to sell smaller amounts (though 200 would sell well too) - it's when you have huge contracts it's harder to find buyers on resale.

Disney and Loyalty isn't really a thing from their side.

I agree with what others said. To my knowledge, my guide isn't back in the office so I was transferred to another guide. Just call the main DVC number and explain the situation.

@HMyers12 it actually costs a little more to split the points into smaller contracts - the advantage is if you want to give them to kids later on, that's two 100-point contracts each with blue card benefits. Or if you decide you want to sell off 100 points at some point it's easy to sell smaller amounts (though 200 would sell well too) - it's when you have huge contracts it's harder to find buyers on resale.
200 would probably sell fine but +1 on this idea - we split ours into 2 equal contracts and the additional cost was in the hundreds of dollars, well worth it imo. Back in the day I'd thought about trying to pick up a 100-pt resale contract at RIV to use just for split stays there - I think that's a good amount for anyone who already has points elsewhere to do a 3-night stay in a studio or 1br to supplement with another DVC stay somewhere else.

Also, if we thought we wanted to downsize, we could sell 1 smaller contract and keep the other, without losing home resort advantage there.

As some who have seen my few posts, we're still waiting to join DVC. We were due to join just as the pandemic hit and haven't been able to reach our DVC Rep since the start of March. We really want to get in before the minimum points increase, and are quite aware that any Disney rep can sell us the contract we want, but how much longer would you wait for the guy who put in all the ground work to get back in touch?
I've no idea how much commission these guys make, and I'd hate to think of somebody missing out through no fault of their own.

I'm in sales too. It's always nice to see a consumer concerned about the sales rep!

How have you tried to get in touch with them? I'm surprised their email/phone isn't monitored by someone if they're still furloughed. Like others have said, I'd call the main number and see what they tell you once you talk to a live person.

Had my call with my Tony (my Guide) and went with one single contract for 200 points, splitting just didn't make sense for me. I am so excited. Tony was super nice and low pressure.
Yup - splitting usually makes sense for bigger contracts but sometimes people decide to give 100 points each to several kids.
200 is easy to resell if you ever need to. Sounds like you made a great decision for you! Get excited for your Welcome Home trip and many great memories to come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter