How much is your 2016 Disney vacation going to cost you?

$2800 for 1 adult, 1 child (10). Staying at Pop, AP holders, flying, rental car, meals, groceries & spending money.

Do you mind my asking how much your airfare is from NC? I would love to fly (from RDU), and have looked at rates but I am not sure what a "good" RT rate would be. Thanks!
I second this question. Raleigh so far is my cheapest option. Flying out of New Bern is just so expensive.

$4200 for 10 nights at CBR, 4 adults, 10 day park hoppers, free dining for OCT.
Haven't booked airfare, hoping rates go down. Currently looking at $450RT for PHX-MCO. OUCH!

I second this question. Raleigh so far is my cheapest option. Flying out of New Bern is just so expensive.

What rates are you finding for RDU? I can't get much below $1000 for 4 RT tickets, and am wondering if this is the best it's gonna get.

Ok after planning some things out I have a realistic budget for our short trip- (we may or may not do a parks day,we'll decide when we arrive) but right now our budget is
24.00-airfare
$200- 4 nites hotel (2 nites Pop,2 nites Swan)
$800-$1200 -food + activities (mouseboats,bowling,etc)
$0- 1 day at water parks (leftover NE extras on passes)
$35 -airport parking
$30-Uber to MCO
$0- dogsitting
*Grand total of around $1490 - around $400 saved in gift card deals= approx. $1000*
for 5 days,and 4 people. It could be less, but I'm planning for that. If we decide to do a Big park day,we'll cut down on food/entertainment $ elsewhere so total is about the same.
That = $50 per day per person-
(it feels strange to have these #'s like this, we usually focus on parks etc and not on food and relaxing costs)
Trip taken...it was AMAZING. I really enjoyed a 'no parks' trip! 2 teens decided to hit the parks for a day(hoppers) so we adjusted ,and spent right about what I thought it would be! The kids did one LONG day from 7 am-1 am for parks fun,and I relaxed!:cheer2: best of all worlds! We never used the water parks tix, so will have those for another time...

$3154
$2943 - August 28 - September 3 at Art of Animation in a Mermaid room. 1 snack/1QS/1TS dining plan. 6 day park ticket with no park hopper.
$220(ish) - 3 tickets to MNSSHP on September 2.

The only thing we haven't booked and paid for so far is our airfare. Flying Indianapolis to Orlando and cheapest we've found so far is $600(ish).

Do you mind my asking how much your airfare is from NC? I would love to fly (from RDU), and have looked at rates but I am not sure what a "good" RT rate would be. Thanks!

Well, I am paying more than I want. I was waiting for fares to come out, and next thing I knew, all the flights were booked. I believe I paid $340 r/t thru Atlanta. More than I wanted to pay, and one more stop than I wanted ;) C'est la vie.

Adult trip!

September at CBR 4 nights/5 days. 4 day park hopper tickets. Dining plan and round trip flights = $2700

$1100 for one adult and one child for a three night stay at Pop with 4 day water park option tickets and a dining plan. The resort fee was less expensive due to a Florida resident discount.

Just under $11k.

I know, right?

Staying at the Beach Club was always on our bucket list. We go every year for Christmas. In 2007 my dad was diagnosed with cancer. He had surgery in Sept. 2008 after undergoing chemo. After all was said and done, we wanted to celebrate. We did Disney for Christmas in 2009 and had a blast. So much so, that we've gone back every year except 2011 (we went for a wedding in April 2012, so we skipped that year.)

We've always stayed Mod and paid around $7k. We had a less-than stellar stay last year and said we'd upgrade this year. More so had to do with the transportation—we want to be closer to the parks. We've always really enjoyed Y&BC, so we decided to go there. We couldn't rent points, so we're just doing the trip.

Hotel, meal plan, park tickets and hoppers come in right around $10.8k. After all is said and done with tips, OOP food costs and flights, it'll be closer to 14.

We had sticker shock when pricing the trip. My parent's best friend suddenly died this year when shoveling snow during the blizzard. My parents had one of those realizations that you can either enjoy life and spend money, or die and leave it all behind. That's when we decided we were going all in and enjoying our vacation together.

What rates are you finding for RDU? I can't get much below $1000 for 4 RT tickets, and am wondering if this is the best it's gonna get.

Don't know what days you are flying but if you Fly on Sundays you can get RT around $130 on Frontier RDU-MCO.

Just under $11k.

I know, right?

Staying at the Beach Club was always on our bucket list. We go every year for Christmas. In 2007 my dad was diagnosed with cancer. He had surgery in Sept. 2008 after undergoing chemo. After all was said and done, we wanted to celebrate. We did Disney for Christmas in 2009 and had a blast. So much so, that we've gone back every year except 2011 (we went for a wedding in April 2012, so we skipped that year.)

We've always stayed Mod and paid around $7k. We had a less-than stellar stay last year and said we'd upgrade this year. More so had to do with the transportation—we want to be closer to the parks. We've always really enjoyed Y&BC, so we decided to go there. We couldn't rent points, so we're just doing the trip.

Hotel, meal plan, park tickets and hoppers come in right around $10.8k. After all is said and done with tips, OOP food costs and flights, it'll be closer to 14.

We had sticker shock when pricing the trip. My parent's best friend suddenly died this year when shoveling snow during the blizzard. My parents had one of those realizations that you can either enjoy life and spend money, or die and leave it all behind. That's when we decided we were going all in and enjoying our vacation together.

I really didn't want to post on here because my trip is SO high in comparison to everyone else's.

My trip is around $8,500 for 4 adults, 9 days in the park, CL at the Grand.

I really didn't want to post on here because my trip is SO high in comparison to everyone else's.

My trip is around $8,500 for 4 adults, 9 days in the park, CL at the Grand.

And, yes, I agree with going "all out". Disney is our treat.

I actually consider my son and myself to be extremely lucky when it comes to vacation cost. His daddy and I purchased DVC (BLT) in 2009. We recently divorced (he's a pilot for United) but in my divorce agreement I receive free airfare for the next 8 years as well as our son (he obviously gets free airfare for as long as his daddy works for United.)My ex didn't want our DVC contract in the divorce.... Of course I would've fought him for it!
This will be the first year we don't do the dining plan since my son is 10. In Sept. we're going to Aulani for 5 days and then flying from Aulani to WDW for 5 days and staying at Beach Club. I'm figuring $150 a day for food and $1100 for annual passes. We'll be returning in Dec for 5 days as well. The Dec. trip will be very cheap because we'll already have annual passes; so mainly just food and the cost of the tickets to MVMCP. We'll be coming back to BCV in Sept of 2017 to use our annual passes one more time. °O° April

2 adults, myself and dd13
6 nights/7 full days at GF, 6 day base tix plus one bonus fun ticket (waterpark or golf)
RT air from MHT
Gonna rent a car (yup... I have to be the driver)
Just under $3000 for the above
Probably another $1000 to eat whatever and wherever we want and whatever DD wants to buy for herself.
So $4000 or less.

$5K seems like a lot for only 4 days, plus you are not even doing the regular ddp. Are you getting a very expensive room at the Contemporary? Seems like a lot of $$$$$$.

Booked just over a month out so options with the military discounted rooms were fairly limited, and our dates we could plan this for were immovable. Ultimately, decided to spend the extra money and splurge on a tower room at the Contemporary rather than staying elsewhere, as well as just spending the money and going when we have the chance, rather than letting every excuse keep us from a "real" vacation the past few years despite having the luxury of money to do such (currently). I will say that looking through this board, I'm in awe of just how cheap so many are able to piece it together, but looks like a LOT of planning for most! 5 nights in the resort, 4 day park hoppers, quick service dining plan that fits our needs perfectly (based on our first experience years ago), and spent a bit extra on flights because of our need to fly from our small-town airport on such time constraints.

I didn't feel bad about the total until I found this board! But I won't feel bad about it any longer once we get there!

Booked just over a month out so options with the military discounted rooms were fairly limited, and our dates we could plan this for were immovable. Ultimately, decided to spend the extra money and splurge on a tower room at the Contemporary rather than staying elsewhere, as well as just spending the money and going when we have the chance, rather than letting every excuse keep us from a "real" vacation the past few years despite having the luxury of money to do such (currently). I will say that looking through this board, I'm in awe of just how cheap so many are able to piece it together, but looks like a LOT of planning for most! 5 nights in the resort, 4 day park hoppers, quick service dining plan that fits our needs perfectly (based on our first experience years ago), and spent a bit extra on flights because of our need to fly from our small-town airport on such time constraints.

I didn't feel bad about the total until I found this board! But I won't feel bad about it any longer once we get there!

Sounds like a great vacation. I am sure staying in the tower will be awesome. Enjoy!

Going in less than 2 weeks - so excited. My mom and I are doing a girls trip. We're going to drive - about 8 1/2 hours from home. We're leaving on 5/28 and driving down, staying offsite the first night. Got a deal on Hotwire at a place called Cypress Pointe Resort. Then, Sunday we're doing CSR for 5 nights - 5 day park hopper ticket package.

Cypress Pointe: $74.
CSR Package 5 nights/5 days park hopper: $1,726.
Gas: $150 (I have a Jetta that gets 42 MPG)

Total without food and other "stuff": $1,950. We're splitting that 1/2 and 1/2 so it's $975 each.

As far as food and "stuff" we're going to be careful and not eat at a lot of expensive off-site places so we're thinking $500 - $600 each.

PamNC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter