How much is your 2016 Disney vacation going to cost you?

What an interesting thread/read.

Have no immediate plan for a trip we but spent 22 nites on site over the last year, using our resident AP which recently expired ( and did not renew). 1 visit was at a value, 3 were deluxe, 1 DVC point rental and the rest were all mods.
It was done over an 11 month period so I didn't really feel a financial hit... But just writing it down , scares me... I'd prefer not to guess but have an idea of overall cost.
As long as dh doesn't read this, lol.

Here's to Making Magical Memories, one and all.

Hmm... traveling 11/28 to 12/5/16

Round trip air fare for 4 - $1,056
7 nights at AoA Cars suite for 3 adults and 1 child <3 - $4,199
(Includes 6 day park hoppers and DDP)

Adding a 4 hour bass fishing excursion for my SIL - $350
Total so far:. $5,605

Still need to add Memory Maker, tips, meals not included in the dining plan, and souvenirs.... and MVMCP if we decide the 2 year old can handle the long night!

Pretty pricey, overall. I could have done it cheaper, but we wanted what we wanted, and it will be worth it for us.

Traveling SOON! :)

9 Nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek $1070!
Airfare $630
Park Tickets (basic..no hopping or waterparks) $1600
Parking $160
Mickey's Christmas Party $400
Boarding our Dog $200
Car Rental $170
Airport Parking $105
Dining (based of reservations only) $745+ taxes/tip $950
BBB for daughter $75
Groceries for other meals $250?

$5610.....YIKES

We are also a party of 5 (kids 9, 10, and 12) and we're doing a split stay - starting off at CBR and moving to a 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek (booked through Vacation Strategy) for 4 nights. Our total is going to be around $4100 and includes 6 day park hoppers and 6 days of dining plan. We will have a few hundred in additional expenses after we move to bonnet reek but nothing terrible! Think something like that would work for you?

We are staying at Bonnet Creek too. I wouldn't stress too much about ADRs.....We will be going in less than 2 weeks and just recently I've been able to get us some pretty good dining reservations..touringplans.com has a "reservation finder" that has been very helpful (and FREE).... With the fastpasses.....this is our first disney vaca with the new set up of advanced FP reservations...but you can only make 3 per day in advance and I figure we will be using our smartphones for setting up additional ones as our day/days go.

I am pricing out anything between $8,000 to $11,000....augh!!!

We have been trying to make decisions on when we are actually going. We are a family of 5 (me, DH, DS13, DD8 and DS4). We are struggling with where to stay (on or off property). I want more space in our room, but don't want to miss out on making ADR's and Fast Pass reservations. I can't win no matter what we decide.

I keep getting overwhelmed to the point that I don't want to go anymore.

My previous reply was suppose to go to this poster...oops.

We are staying at Bonnet Creek too. I wouldn't stress too much about ADRs.....We will be going in less than 2 weeks and just recently I've been able to get us some pretty good dining reservations..touringplans.com has a "reservation finder" that has been very helpful (and FREE).... With the fastpasses.....this is our first disney vaca with the new set up of advanced FP reservations...but you can only make 3 per day in advance and I figure we will be using our smartphones for setting up additional ones as our day/days go.

I cannot say enough good things about their reservation finder. I even emailed them and told them so!

This was our most expensive (and amazing!) holiday to date, so here goes...

Disneyland Resort and Southwest USA Road Trip - Oct/Nov 2016 (17-nights)

Costings in USD for 2 Adults (using 1 NZD - 0.70 USD conversion)

Transport
Flight from Auckland, New Zealand to LAX (rtn) (American Airlines) - $1178
Internal flight from LAX to Las Vegas (rtn) (Southwest) - $369
Car hire (x2) - $1167
Uber (x1) and SuperShuttle (x1) - $76
Parking at Auckland Airport - $95

Accommodation
- DLR - Park Vue Inn (5-nights) - $1265
- Other hotels avg. cost - $239/night
Total - $3186 (17-nights)

Tickets and Other Attractions
DLR (5-day Park Hopper) - $674
MHP - $180
DLR (1-day Park Hopper) - $302 (yes, we went back on our last day because we're addicts...)
Universal Studios Hollywood - $176
Hoover Dam Power Plant Tour - $28
Cirque Du Soleil O - $334
Other entry fees (La Brea Tar Pits Museum and an America the Beautiful NP Annual Pass, for example) - $189

Food
$934

Gas
$84

Souvenirs/Shopping
$901

Travel Insurance
$158

Cattery for Cat (20-nights)
$139

Misc.
Parking fees, tips etc. - $400

TOTAL - $10, 500

Rented my DVC points. With the extra cash I made from renting I rented OKW studio from another member for $650 for 5 nights. Credit card cash back rewards paid for 2 RT flights for me and DH and we have $500 cash back rewards left to buy gift cards for food. We already have non-expired tickets left so plan on using one park day ( about $25/ticket x2). So our total trip will cost $700 for two people including airfare and food.

*UPDATED*
22 night trip: Legoland, UNI, DC, SW, WDW,
*Departing Maui 10/8 arriving 10/9
UNIVERSAL , Discovery cove, SeaWorld, Aquatica
Dates: October 9- 16 (7 nights)
Party: 2 adults, 2 kids
7 nights Portofino Bay Resort, club level
$2,159.95 with Stay More, Save More rate
Car Service: $160.00
Park tickets 2 day, 1 day free: $777.00
Halloween horror nights with RIP tour: $489.88
Legoland: 2 adults, 2 kids $149.80
Discovery Cove dolphin encounter (includes Seaworld & Aquatica admission)
early booking rate 4x$219= $876
Elite package: $399
AQUATICA (FREE ADMITTANCE) $59 CABANA

Food $2,000

Universal / Legoland/SW/DC/AQUATICA TOTAL: $7,071.53

WALT DISNEY WORLD
Dates: October 16 - 28 (12 nights)
DVC rental from owner
7 nights Bay Lake Tower, 2 bedroom, Theme Park View $5,030

DVC rental from owner
5 nights Beach Club Villas, 1 bedroom $1,885
(Room Total: $6,915)

Park tickets 8 day hoppers = $1630
Memory maker = $149
Food & Extras
food $3400 (12 days)
MNSSHP 2 nights for 3 adults,2 kids $473.94, $473.94
MNSSHP 1 night 2 adults, 2 kids $377.02
Kids camp $55 each, 3 nights for 2 kids= $330
Perfectly Princess Tea $432
Cinderella's Table(5people)$266
Hoop Dee Doo (5 people) $302
Club Villain for 5: $645
Wishes dessert $247
Hallowishes dessert $331
GFR SPA 2 80 min massages: $400
-----------------------
WDW TOTAL $16,391.90
*should have over $1,000 in Disney reward $
MCO HYATT: 10/28 1 night $229.00 departing 10/29 at 6 am

Universal plus : $7,071.53
WDW: $ 16,371.90
MCO Hyatt: $229
Souvenirs: $1,000
Estimated Total: $24,672.43
Plus whatever the cost is to upgrade to Waterparks and more....

:crazy2::crazy:
Airfare from Maui: using frequent flier miles

I wish I could afford to do all that lol

2 adults 3 kids (14,12,10)
Autotrain for 5 ~$1600
8 days/7 nights at CR TPK with 5 day hoppers ~$7500
1 day park-to-park at Universal ~$800
1 day Sea World ~400
Food ~1000
Total ~11300
Twice as much as we've ever spent for a disney trip but everybody is doing something they really wanted to this time:love:!

I'm too embarrassed to tell! I found that that it's just something I have to close my eyes to (the cost) and enjoy. We are GP and take son/DIL and their two kids to WL for 4 nights but need two rooms. Could only get club and at full price. I'm sure we will enjoy but to get in the ball park, it's costing the same as two of us going to Italy for two weeks! Ok it's over $10k. But excited

$10K for 4 nights for 6 people? Wow, that seems really high. How much is the room per night?

I wish I could afford to do all that lol

Oh how I wish we could do it all over again! I'm not talented enough to do an entertaining trip report but we had an AMAZING time. We did not make it to Sea World but did everything else and wish we could have had more time. I am now planning an Aulani/Disneyland/great wolf lodge vacation to get over the WDW End of Vacation Blues...

sounds like 2016 was a wonderful year for travel! I know I had a great time.... we went to Disneyworld,Disneyland, Visiting family in the midwest,camping twice,and assorted mini weekends here and there! Now on to 2017!

Gotta (sort of?) repeat this one....

DVC owners - nine nights will cost us $932.
Airfair: $892 round trip on Delta, from Midland MI. Four bag fees included.
Food: 2 meals per day - breakfast (around $40 total), and a SIG every night (around $120 per plate).. $280 per day, two people, 9 days = $2520.

Total cost, April 2017 trip.... about $4350. Add in the Cat Sitter ($500).

Our cost for two will be about $6000 per trip. I've added in the cost of a TIW card, AP, airport parking, and relative junk :).

We do this twice per year. We have about 12 years worth of actual records :). Two, twice per year, the way WE go = $12K per year. And WDW STILL won't give me a simple smoking area, REMOVED from the general public :(. I hate being Politically incorrect.... but I am 64, and will not change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter