How much is your 2018 trip costing you?

Most of the "cheap trips" are those with rewards to use for food and points for flights. Their trip is still costly but they are saving OOP with those benefits. Or those with AP's who only figure them into their first trip.

There are some awesome deals out there though. Labor Day exclusive rates through TA's, renting points, etc.

2 adults, 3 kids (though two are "Disney adults" at ages 14, and 11, little guy is 3)
9 nights (8/20/18 - 8/29/18) Grand Floridian Standard View w/8 day park hoppers $5056.55
5 RT airline tickets on Jet Blue from Boston to Orlando $983.00
Food/Souvenir budget $2000

Total: $8039.55 (but hey, vacation time is priceless to us) :cloud9:

Funny we are doing a very similar trip but for Thanksgiving. You got a great deal on airfare. We are flying Delta Logan to MCO and paying almost $1500 for 4 tix. We upgraded from GF Theme park view to CL for an extra $16/day which is more than worth not having to worry about breakfast ;)

2 Adults visiting from 6/23 to 6/26
1166 for 3 nights at the Contemporary
577 for base tickets for 3 days
260 RT on Spirit from BWI
650$ in Food and Drink is covered by Disney Visa Points.

2 adults, one 2 year old visiting from 8/25 - 9/1
$2845 for 7 nights at the Polynesian, 8 day base tickets + bonus feature
$34 for fees, flying on Southwest points
No dining plan, but earlier this year we spent about $125/day total on food. Traveling with a toddler complicates sit-down meal reservation times.

Um, well. . . . . . . .
5 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge, studio - DVC points, no cash
Annual passes, from our last trip. -0-
For for two adults, eating in the room for breakfast and at least a few lunches. $500
Gas for the car well under $100

Total cost, less than $600

Copied my response from another thread with the same question.

For Two of us it was $1667 for 5 nights in Sept. That's lodging at all star Sports, 5 day Park Hoppers, and I scored free dining.
Airfare was $608 (I could have done better but I wanted non-stop and very specific times)
Parking (at the airport) will be another $60
Budgeting $300 for drinks, and a couple of meals that will NOT be a part of our Quick Service Dining Plan.

So not including the unexpected expenses and souvenirs.. Trip cost total is about: $2635.00 (so about $265 per person per day)

Funny we are doing a very similar trip but for Thanksgiving. You got a great deal on airfare. We are flying Delta Logan to MCO and paying almost $1500 for 4 tix. We upgraded from GF Theme park view to CL for an extra $16/day which is more than worth not having to worry about breakfast ;)

Unbelievable deal on airfare!! I was very pleased!

This trip it will only be my daughter and me.
8/18--8/26 (8 nights)
Polynesian with 8 day PHs and 1 WP day $3,279.
I booked our flights with Delta SkyMiles. $0
FEA Dessert Party $158
Magic Kingdom EMM $147
MNSSHP $170
Memory Maker $170
2 TS $200 including tip, ROL Dining Package $130, QS meals and snacks $460 (We will bring some breakfast items from home or have delivered from GG. Also, we will likely split 2-3 QS meals.)
Mousekeeping tips $40, Misc. tips $40, 2 Refill Mugs $40, $40 adult drinks
I have not yet given thought to souvenir and extra spending money.
Total (holding my breath as I add) :eek: $4874
I just do Disney math when planning. The EMM and dessert party are already paid, so I don't have to include these, right? We'd spend some money eating at home. It gives me a week that I don't have to pay for day camp for my daughter. We're saving on gas, electricity, and water bills while we're at WDW. :thumbsup2
Ughh.. edited to add MNSSHP and Memory Maker.

Last edited:
2 adults, 1 child (age 3) going May 12-19

1 night at Swan on points
6 nights at BRV (renting points) -$1700
Round trip air from Oklahoma City - $1000 (Frontier, includes checked bag fees and seat upgrades)
6 day tickets and 1 day rental car (from Undercover Tourist). - $1100
HEA Plaza view fireworks dessert party $330 (paying for 3 additional adults, family traveling with us)
Grocery order - $100
Meals and Souvenirs (and adult never for DH who reluctantly agreed to go on this trip) - $2000

$6230 :(

7 of us...DH & I, DS, DDIL, & 3 grandsons 1,2 &5. $2300 for flights (DH & I are coming from CA & DS..TX.
2 nights at POR, 5 nights at Melia Orlando Suits, & 1 night at YC $2800
$2500 for park tickets
We are paying OOP, because I'm not sure if the dining plan is worth it for us, so I'm budgeting $3500 for 8 days, includes V&A and a character meal everyday. The rest are also TS. (we all have food allergies, and the chefs were great last year at DL making us tasty meals).
Fun money, for mini golf, and spoiling my grandkids...$200/day
Yikes, $12,700
Sounds like a lot but last year's DL trip for all of us 4 days was $6500 & we had a Wonderful Family Trip!!

7 night at Poly in October. Club level, theme park view room with 5day park hopper ticket came to $9950. We paid almost $400 for our MNSSHP tickets, we booked the Return to Sleep Halloween event and plan to do dessert parties. We’re also doing the extra FP for club level for 3 days which will be $600 I believe. And we’re flying from California and flights are looking to cost us $2-3k. All in all, I’d say we’d be lucky to stay under $15k....but shhhhh, don’t tell my husband!!! Haha!
We are coming from CA too!

Someone posted a thread like this a few years back and I found it very interesting and informative. I haven't seen one for this year yet and thought it would be fun. Mostly I'd like to keep it Disney world related (resort and time of year traveling with any special offers/memory maker/dining plan...and that sort of stuff). You could also throw in travel expenses at the end if you choose. I'll start......
8/23 - 8/26
Beach Club Resort standard view less than $300 per night including taxes & fees (discount via travel agency)
c. $150 for 2 MNSSHP tickets
c. $280 for 2 Disney water park annual passes
c. $500 for flights from central Texas
A few hundred dollars will be spent on food, souvenirs & incidentals

Projected total including flights & food: About $1,900

Reading these post I don't feel so bad I missed a discount at BC in September!
BC 9/14 to 9/19 $2600
Tickets for 2 park hopper $858
Flight to pick up daughter in Atlanta and ride to her house $300, gas for her car to drive from Augusta GA to Orlando $100
Halloween party $160
Food estimate $800
Totalish: $4800. And I have been saving for a year and a half, so it helps! Have not bought the tickets yet or the flight but those will be soon!

5\25 - 6\2
Party of 4 - 1 adult, 3 late teens

3 nights All Star Sports w\military discount - $456
5 nights Poly - rented points from friend - $1100
4- 5 day hoppers -military salute tickets - $984
Expecting to spend around $2000 for gas, food, and spending.

$4540 for an 8 night trip for 4 (all considered Disney adults).

Last edited:
This trip it will only be my daughter and me.
8/18--8/26 (8 nights)
Polynesian with 8 day PHs and 1 WP day $3,279.
I booked our flights with Delta SkyMiles. $0
FEA Dessert Party $158
Magic Kingdom EMM $147
MNSSHP $170
Memory Maker $170
2 TS $200 including tip, ROL Dining Package $130, QS meals and snacks $460 (We will bring some breakfast items from home or have delivered from GG. Also, we will likely split 2-3 QS meals.)
Mousekeeping tips $40, Misc. tips $40, 2 Refill Mugs $40, $40 adult drinks
I have not yet given thought to souvenir and extra spending money.
Total (holding my breath as I add) :eek: $4874
I just do Disney math when planning. The EMM and dessert party are already paid, so I don't have to include these, right? We'd spend some money eating at home. It gives me a week that I don't have to pay for day camp for my daughter. We're saving on gas, electricity, and water bills while we're at WDW. :thumbsup2
Ughh.. edited to add MNSSHP and Memory Maker.

I'm also doing a mother daughter trip and my estimate is right around yours but I forgot to add in Memory Maker! It really adds up fast. I thought a mother daughter trip would be way cheaper but once we add on some extras that we wouldn't do if the boys came along it starts to creep up quickly!

I'm also doing a mother daughter trip and my estimate is right around yours but I forgot to add in Memory Maker! It really adds up fast. I thought a mother daughter trip would be way cheaper but once we add on some extras that we wouldn't do if the boys came along it starts to creep up quickly!
I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful trip!
I'm in the same boat! This is my first trip with just the two of us. It's easy to add on these extras because it doesn't sound so costly when only purchasing for two, but it has really added up (which this thread has pointed out to me)!
I'm crazy excited about the trip, with the best part being that I don't have the need to plan the trip around making many people happy. My daughter and I are on the same page, so we'll just do what makes us happy. :)

I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful trip!
I'm in the same boat! This is my first trip with just the two of us. It's easy to add on these extras because it doesn't sound so costly when only purchasing for two, but it has really added up (which this thread has pointed out to me)!
I'm crazy excited about the trip, with the best part being that I don't have the need to plan the trip around making many people happy. My daughter and I are on the same page, so we'll just do what makes us happy. :)

I feel EXACTLY the same way. My daughter is 12 and we really vibe well, have the same interests and just go with the flow. We aren't even making many ADR's and just winging it with QS, lounges and same day ADR's. I'm so looking forward to that part. Our last trip with the 4 of us was fun but it's much harder (and more stressful) trying to make 4 people happy instead of 2. We are so looking forward to the trip and it's our first time just us two. We are doing MVMCP, HDDR and HEA dessert party which are all new to us but it definitely adds up even when it's only 2 people.

I hope you two have a lovely trip too!

Pop Standard Pool View
2 Adults 1 Child (16)
8 Days 7 Nights , 7 Day tickets/w park hopping
Free Dining/ Regular Dining Plan (Bounce Back)
$3261.66 but saved $140.00 using Disney Gift Cards from BJ's
Southwest $526.00

August 14-21

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter