How much is your 2018 trip costing you?

I was actually looking for this thread the other day to ask the same thing because I kept wondering how that price was possible! We stayed at Poly in Feb with a good rate but it was in the 300s...I can’t believe a 200 rate! That’s amazing. That agency told me their prices are higher this year for Poly because I asked for Jan/Feb again, pretty sure they were about 400/night. So yes I agree it’s the deal of the century! haha

I stayed on the same deal in 2015. Paid, I believe, $202 for the Poly and $200 for BC. It was AMAZING!

I just checked our reservation, and our price per night for our Poly stay in 17 DAYS :yay: is $271/night.

I just checked our reservation, and our price per night for our Poly stay in 17 DAYS :yay: is $271/night.
Do we think this is because at the end of Aug schools are starting again? Like is it considered a down week? I try to avoid August but if these kinds of rates are a trend for the end of Aug I may look into a trip for next summer.

This is for a party of two adults and two children (13 YO and 12 YO). My oldest realized this year that even though Disney counts her as an "adult" and not a "child," she still does not get any of the perks that might be associated with said adulthood. Sad and Pouty 13 YO.

7-night package at AKL - CL: $5400
Airfare: $1300
Food: I am thinking it will be around $1500
Spending money: $300
Boarding for pets: $380
Total for spending a week at Disney: PRICELESS

I don't have exact numbers, but I roughly figured our trip back in late February/early March cost us $5,000-$6,000, somewhere in there. That was for 2 adults flying into MCO from Las Vegas on Southwest and back, staying at POR for 8 nights, single park tickets to the parks for 4 days (MK, EPCOT, HS, & AK). That's a base price and doesn't include us eating, buying souvenirs, any extras we did, and we rented a car for the day a couple of days.

Did you take into account their discounted tickets? Their tickets are priced lower than Disney.

Well see to me this is like buying a car. A dealer can arrive at a cost a million different ways, with trade-in value and sticker pricing and extras and special programs ad nauseum, but in the end it's simply a price.

So, I looked up the cost of 2 8-day non-hoppers and subtracted that, and divided the difference by 7 to get my room cost per night.

We also get one "fun" option per ticket, but I have no idea what that is so I ignored it for the purposes of my calculation. :laughing:

8/24 to 9/2
3 Adults
Boardwalk Garden View
Dining Plan
10 day ticket with hopper
$7300.00

Well see to me this is like buying a car. A dealer can arrive at a cost a million different ways, with trade-in value and sticker pricing and extras and special programs ad nauseum, but in the end it's simply a price.

So, I looked up the cost of 2 8-day non-hoppers and subtracted that, and divided the difference by 7 to get my room cost per night.

We also get one "fun" option per ticket, but I have no idea what that is so I ignored it for the purposes of my calculation. :laughing:

If you want the real price you're paying per night, you can go into MDE under your reservation and look at the "room charges" section. It will show you the cost per night, taxes, and the price you're paying for the tickets all itemized.

December 4-10. Me and a friend.

AoA LM 6 nights, 7 days package with 6 day park hopper - $2150

Upgrading to APs (2) - $786

MVMCP (2) - $198

Flights from O'Hare/Orlando w/ baggage- $500

Total - $3634

My half is $1817. I'm estimating another $400 for food and $200 discretionary.

If you want the real price you're paying per night, you can go into MDE under your reservation and look at the "room charges" section. It will show you the cost per night, taxes, and the price you're paying for the tickets all itemized.

Oooh, I hadn't poked around in that part of the app before! So according to that, it's $259/night plus $15.54 + $15.54 + $1.30 taxes and $402.57 each for 8 day base tickets + "fun" option.

That's good to know, thanks so much for pointing it out! :goodvibes

Oooh, I hadn't poked around in that part of the app before! So according to that, it's $259/night plus $15.54 + $15.54 + $1.30 taxes and $402.57 each for 8 day base tickets + "fun" option.

That's good to know, thanks so much for pointing it out! :goodvibes

It really is such an awesome deal. We were debating between end of August for the deal or Jersey Week. We went with Jersey Week because we wanted to see some Xmas decorations and go a different time of year. Also that August heat was enough for two years. Luckily we rented points and are paying under $200 a night for BWV. I wouldn't hesitate to do that deal again another time.

It really is such an awesome deal. We were debating between end of August for the deal or Jersey Week. We went with Jersey Week because we wanted to see some Xmas decorations and go a different time of year. Also that August heat was enough for two years. Luckily we rented points and are paying under $200 a night for BWV. I wouldn't hesitate to do that deal again another time.

I agree, we may melt (but actually, we live in GA and it's hotter/more humid here most of the time!) but we wanted to squeeze in one more trip before my grandson is a paying WDW guest. We're so excited! 16 days!

At the moment for our trip in December, for 2 adults, we're currently sitting at:

$2,769 -11 nights accommodation- AKV 5 nights & Poly 6 nights
$787 – 7 day WDW base ticket, will most likely upgrade to add another day when we get there
$198 - MVMCP
$321 - Syd to LA rtn (majority paid via flyer miles)
$300+ - flights to MCO (estimated)

= $4,375
not counting food, shopping or anything else. There's also our LA and New York segments so I am not too excited to see the total cost at the end of the trip! :rotfl:

We drive and will be there from June 3rd to June 13th. Two standard view rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge Just a hair under $16,000 dollars for 6 adults and 2 children. Add another $800 for two days at Daytona Beach June 1st and June 2nd. And about $1600 for the girls souvenir money (Mine comes from my Disney Card I pay for everything possible at home on that card). I almost cry when I look at these totals but I justify by this. I do not go in debt for any of it I save the money which is why we only go every 3-4 yers.

I am just wondering. What kind of souvenirs do your 2 children buy for $1600? Is it expensive jewelry. You must have to bring extra suitcases to get it back home. lol

We are going mid August, 2 adults, 2 Disney adults and 1 child. Staying 4 nights at BWI and 4 nights at GF. Six day tickets plus water park day for 4 of us, $3900. We paid $1K for airfare for 5 from NYC area. We will probably spend around $1600 for the 8 days for food. Rental car $240/full week for minivan. (thank you Autoslash).

I have looked all over the MDE site and mobile app and I cannot find where it shows how much I paid for each night etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter