How Much Is Your 2022 Disney Vacation Going to Cost You?? $$

We're anticipating our total coming in around $9000. Family of four, 2 adults, one kiddo and one free-under-three. 11 nights total (10 on property through dvc rental, one night at an airport hotel). My figure includes 10 day parker hoppers for 2 adults and one child, airfare, airport transfer (mears connect), anticipated genie+ fees, and dining. We do have several hundred dollars in gift cards and disney rewards that will bring our total down by close to $1000.

We're looking at about $5700 for a late June trip, Pop Century, 2 adults, 2 kids over 12. This includes 5-day park hoppers with Genie+ and 2 plane tix. (Points for the other 2.). This does *not* include meals or anticipated Uber/Lyft. We build up cash rewards to cover the bulk of meals.

I've got a spreadsheet where I've calculated costs, and the per-park-day costs (without airfare) are crazy high compared to years past--more than $300 per day higher than last year.

Roughly $7400 for our Saturday-Saturday trip during President's week. That included airfare from Boston, off-site hotel (Home2Suites), 5 day park hoppers, food (mix between groceries, counter service and a couple table service and lots of snacks), rental car (used points for most) and genie+ and ILL for each day. Definitely more than what we usually spend for our typical August trips.

It was going to cost us around $5,000 to go 5 nights, 4-4PH Armed Forced Salute tickets, food, transportation. We decided to pivot and use our expiring Flying Blue miles to visit Disneyland Paris, 3 nights + 4 park days will cost $1,500. Using miles and points 6 night in France including DLP will be $5,000.

Two Adults + One Child

Dog Boarding- $200

Roundtrip Flights 4/4-4/11 DTW-MCO $150 (Spirit Airlines Points)

7 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2BR- $1,300 (booked through redweek)

7 day car rental hertz - $225 (Booked using corporate code)

3 Three Day Base Tickets $1,260 (undercover tourist)

Grocery Delivery- $85 (Amazon)

Restaurants- $550

Souvenirs- $150

TOTAL= $3,920

We’ve never paid more for less, but our schedule these days means traveling during spring break. Typically that room at Bonnet Creek would be $700 for the whole week, Disney tickets would be cheaper, and a rental car would be like $120 for a week. It feels like the cost of the trip has doubled.

Ugh, forgot to include the boarding in mine. The dog will be about $250, but I have to figure out something for our 2 cats. They have never boarded, but finding reliable coverage has been a nightmare.

Prepaid/arranged $7750
Meals and incidentals and souvenirs $955
MCO Starbucks breakfast $75 (and worth every penny to order thru app on that CRAZY day in the airport
Airport Parking $35
$90 x 2 for Genie+ at HS and AK
TOTAL $8995 = $1500 per person

This was a trip to make up for the band trip that didn't happen due to COVID for 3 of our daughters. The cost for them to ride a bus overnight there and back, off-site lodgings and food allowance was almost $1200 for 11/2020 or 4/2021. I think I did pretty good.

Prepaid Arranged
Family of 6 (4 young adults and 2 on the cusp of "senior")
Southwest flights (One had about $175 travel funds)
Minivan for 1 day thru Costco
We stayed overnight near Cocoa with family and bought our breakfast/park snacks at WM out there
Stayed at POP 4 nights (3/7-3/11)
4 Day standard park tickets
Mears Transportation private van from Pop to airport hotel
Airport hotel (BTW we paid about $130/$140 for our rooms and while checking in they sold the last available for $290). They have free airport shuttle and breakfast but didn't have time to even get coffee

Meals and souvenirs
Lunch at Whispering Canyon
2 meals/day from $45 - $75 each (depending on if we shared) x 4 days
Popcorn bucket and a gazillion refills
2 refillable resort mugs
$50 x 4 souvenir $ for our girls
Pet sitter gift

Trip spans end of July beginning of August 2022
7 nights CBR and 8 day base tickets booked through Disney in early 2021: $4,645
Flights round trip New York to Florida for 3: $33.60 required fees booked with points
Stupid Mears Bus: $96
Airport parking: $120
Food: i foolishly planned $1600 adding $1000 more over the next 4 months
Souvies: $340 disney dollars. I have a house full of Disney, I just need some chopsticks and stuff for the kid.
Grand total minus disney dollars, $7,494.60 plus all things that will be cash flowed like meltdown airport food and 400 extra drinks and forgotten toothpaste, etc. Not to mention the cost to add park hopper if we require, buy G+ for some days, LL, whatever else comes up between now and then.

Grand total in my head $10,000. I am paying TEN THOUSAND dollars to go to Disney World.

I left the Beach Club two years ago today. One last huzzah. We just can't afford it anymore.

6 nights at the Swan, Round trip airfare, 6 day Parkhopper passes for four Disney adults for May 7 through 13 - $5500 through Costco Travel. Add about $150 for Mears Express round trip plus food (probably dinner at Il Mulino, a table service lunch and counter service for all other meals), souvenirs, (just a T-shirt for everyone), grocery delivery to hotel (mostly just bottled water), and maybe a couple of days of Genie+ - $950 or so. Not too bad considering the high prices on everything these days. (Smile and wave, smile and wave). This is for my DDs postponed 2020 graduation trip. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

@lsutigerr03 curious, have u received the free express benefit by booking a room there via CSP travel site? I had wanted to do that but it only mentioned the early entry.
My trip isn’t until May but I called the hotel and confirmed that it doesn’t matter how you book. As long as you have a valid stay you get express pass for each night of your stay and your check out day. The terms and conditions don’t mention the words express pass but it does mention a benefit only for Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portofino Bay which is express pass.

4 Disney adults since my 16 and 12 year olds count as adults now.

7 nights renting DVC points for the Poly: $2882
1 night offsite: $125
5 day hoppers with water park option and genie +: $2817
Food, including some offsite meals: $2000
Breakfast box: $88
Magic bands: $100
Souvenirs: $300
Gas: $300 (who knows if this will even be enough)
Total: $8612

I really wanted to do an all inclusive in Jamaica or something but I was outvoted. I just don’t think the value is there any long. Not looking forward to this Genie+ stuff and I’m not planning to buy any lightning lanes if I can get away with it.

What is a Breakfast box?

A lot.....

Disney cruise to Alaska end of July- approx $7000US (booked with an onboard booking discount of 10% plus another 25% FCC). No flights as we live just outside Vancouver. Figure another $2500-$3000USD for excursions/tips/on board spending.

Aulani booked from Dec 27th to Jan 1st.
Hate to see what flights will be but they are high right now (yay for high gas prices) so anticipating somewhere around $5,000CAD (currently $3777 sitting in our travel bank with WJ from cancelled flights).
Aulani booked on points (it's our DVC home). Rented out some points that were expiring/banked and that covered our dues for this year AND next year most likely so yeah, not factoring that in. One night in Waikiki the night we land (planning on flying in on the 26th) so maybe $200US? Car rental: haven't got a clue as those are high right now so who knows....
Food....a few hundred probably. We always get a 1 bedroom at Aulani so we can cook but usually get lunch by the pool and snacks from Ulu. Plus at least one dinner out.

Lost count now....$15,000US for both trips?? Also might do a long weekend down to Disneyland in October for Oogie Boogie, will see what kind of Halloween party they offer this year.

So yeah....a lot.

My trip isn’t until May but I called the hotel and confirmed that it doesn’t matter how you book. As long as you have a valid stay you get express pass for each night of your stay and your check out day. The terms and conditions don’t mention the words express pass but it does mention a benefit only for Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portofino Bay which is express pass.
Awesome! Thank you!! This is definitely a huge savings!

So far it is $7200 for staying at Beach Club for 11 days with park hopper.
WE have GCs and a Food and Wine band already charged for the snacking.
Didn't book flight yet
Didn't book transport yet
Our trip is in Sept. I am crossing my fingers on either Mears or Sunshine starting luggage pick up. THAT would be great. All in all, I have a feeling this is going to cost a pretty penny. We haven't been to Disney since 2018.
2019 - cancelled due to hurricane that closed the airport
2020-2021 = COVID
SO looking forward to seeing Disney.
Not looking forward to the crazy park reservations, 60 day window for dining, trying to get a ride with Genie+

Family of 5 - June 2022 = $ 6,235
5 Tickets (4 day non hoppers) -$1900 (kids are getting florida resident verified by grandparents)
6 nights at CBR - $1985
Flights from Boston to MCO including two checked suitcases - $950 (got a wicked good sale on Black Friday)
Parking at airport - $230
Sunshine Flyer - $170
Other stuff - $1000 (food and souvenirs)

very impressed with the deal you got on airfare! we are a family of 5 flying BOS-MCO in April and prices had been between $3200-4600. 2 weeks ago Jet Blue added a flight down and one back for our dates and I was thrilled to book all 5 of us for $1195, round trip.

Parking at MHT $180
Rental 12 days SUV Alamo (AP Holder) $880
Gas $100
AP's (4) $113 x 12 $1356 (average based on 30 day useage)
SWA $45 (4)
Le Cellier, Steakhouse71 dinners (4) $1000 (40th & 4th Anniversary dinners)
Meals (4) $4000 ?
DVC 1 BR & Studio $3000 (MF's only)
Groceries $200

$10,761++ :crazy2:

A lot.....

Disney cruise to Alaska end of July- approx $7000US (booked with an onboard booking discount of 10% plus another 25% FCC). No flights as we live just outside Vancouver. Figure another $2500-$3000USD for excursions/tips/on board spending.

Does that include your FCC and onboard discount?

very impressed with the deal you got on airfare! we are a family of 5 flying BOS-MCO in April and prices had been between $3200-4600. 2 weeks ago Jet Blue added a flight down and one back for our dates and I was thrilled to book all 5 of us for $1195, round trip.

You had a fantastic find too! What a great savings from the 3200 to 4600. We’re going jetblue also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter