How Much Is Your 2022 Disney Vacation Going to Cost You?? $$

19 nights, 6 yrs from last trip to WDW/UO

4 people airfare, $0 (from Maui, Rewards)
Genie+, ILL?
10 day WDW hop/waterparks $0 (rewards)
2 nights Poly Lagoon view-Club Lounge $1,836
2 nights Galactic Starcruiser, standard $6,800
10 nights BWV 2bdrm Boardwalk view $6,700
5 nights Hard Rock Rockstar suite $4,115
1 day HRH cabana $300
2 night OI UNIVERSAL meetup party $1,800
3 days Universal tix $1,468
1 day Volcano Bay cabana $450
*Food/souvenirs (so much food and things!)
$23,169 (less 4K Rewards)
Total $19,469 *Plus

Last edited:
This is our most expensive trip ever and I’m not even excited for it due to the changes to FP/LL and no DP... I’m trying to focus on staying at an Epcot resort during Flower and Garden.

beach club for 6 nights plus 7 day Tickets with G+ for 2 Adults and 3 Disney adults = $7,400
Airfare = free with points
Food = I estimate we’ll spend $3,000 or more. We eat and drink whatever we want on vacation.

plus we’re going to universal first, and that’s about $3,000 plus food.

Normally we budget but this is probably the last trip before my twins go off to college, so we’re going all out. :)

We are at around $6300 for our late July trip, not counting gas and food/merch

6 nights at WL, nature view
5 days PH+ tickets for four adults (two actual adults and two Disney adults who are 13 and 14)
Memory Maker

We are six hours from WDW so we will drive and spend about 3 or 4 tanks of gas total...right not that's looking like around $180-240 ish
Parking at WL...not sure how much that will be

boarding our Doodle will be around $150

I'm budgeting around $2K for food/merch but would love not to spend that much

We did get $600 in Disney gift cards from my husband's points program at work that we've used to pay down our package balance.

Disneyland in June 2022
2 day hoppers with genie plus for 2 adults, 2 kids (undercover tourist) $1355
Flights $989
Hyatt 3 nights 36000 points
Car rental 3 days $136
Gas ~$15 (hopefully not more)
shuttle to parks for 2 days $36
Parking 3 days $90
Restaurants (Disney visa for 10% off) $150
Groceries $70
Goofy’s kitchen breakfast $160
Total $3k

Alaska cruise in August
2 cabins, 3 adults, 2 kids using 25% FCC and 10% on board booking $8280
Tips $500
Hyatt 2 rooms, 3 nights 72,000 points
Amtrak using points
Taxis/buses $320
Excursions $1300 (private whale watching Juneau $865, fast ferry and car rental in Haines $416)
Food $250
Total $10.6k

Last edited:

DL July 2022 Trip for 2 adults/1 13 yr old
Airfare (we had the credit from covid so didn’t feel like a big hit) 1200
7 nights at residence inn - 3000
5 days one park a day with genie + 1500
Food/Souvenirs - 1000
We get free breakfast and are light eaters. We have the kitchen so will make snacks etc. expecting one meal out a day (mix of sit down and counter service).
So far - 6700 Canadian dollars

I’m taking my 14 year old son for 7 days. We have 6 day tickets. I booked us in All Star Sports, but they moved us to Port Orleans Riverside and will be giving us $200 for our “trouble”. That’s not figured in here. I will pack breakfast food and have purchased discount gift cards for places like T-Rex.

Airfare: $400
Hotel/Tickets: $2458
Transportation: $64
Food Estimate: $800

So this trip will probably be our last trip before our oldest goes off to college, so I wanted to make it extra special. That and we haven't been since 2019 so I have a ton of DVC points to use.

5 Disney adults & 1 child - 14 nights

6 nights AK Club Level 2 bedroom - DVC
8 nights Villas GF 2 bedroom - DVC
Round trip airfare - redeemed some AMEX travel so it came down to $2690
8 day Park Hopper Plus tix from Undercover Tourist - redeemed some Citi Points so it was $1928
Genie + $698
Memory Maker $169
Magic Bands $96
Fireworks Cruise $350 estimated
Car Rental came in at $1954 !!! Hoping Minnie Vans come back and I can cancel
Gas/Parking $400
Souvenirs etc $1000
Groceries $300 - we cook breakfast most days in the villa
Food $7500 - huge number, but we most always do a sit down for dinner plus snacks etc & lunches - only comes to $535 a day for 6 people.

$17085 - longest trip we've ever taken and haven't gone since 2019 - at least that's how I am rationalizing it to myself

I have $2100 in Disney Visa Rewards to use & will buy gift cards from Target to save 5% and then combine them all. I did buy 2 $50 Disney gift cards from Best Buy when they were 10% off.

Definitely won't be going back for a few years after this!

19 nights, 6 yrs from last trip to WDW/UO

4 people airfare, $0 (from Maui, Rewards)
Genie+, ILL?
10 day WDW hop/waterparks $0 (rewards)
2 nights Poly Lagoon view-Club Lounge $1,836
2 nights Galactic Starcruiser, standard $6,800
10 nights BWV 2bdrm Boardwalk view $6,700
5 nights Hard Rock Rockstar suite $4,115
1 day HRH cabana $300
2 night OI UNIVERSAL meetup party $1,800
3 days Universal tix $1,468
1 day Volcano Bay cabana $450
*Food/souvenirs (so much food and things!)
$23,169 (less 4K Rewards)
Total $19,469 *Plus
Wow!! I wish I could afford something like that. Sounds like an incredible trip!

My husband and I never have much extra money, but we really want to take our kids to Disney World, so here is our plan, for 2 adults and 2 children.

-7 nights at All Star Music, paid for with my parents' airline reward miles = FREE
-4 plane tickets from Boston, paid for with the airline reward miles = FREE
-6 day base tickets with genie+ (will buy from Undercover Tourist) = $2545
-various individual lightning lane attractions = $250-$300
-food = approximately $1500
-bus to/from airport = $120
-checked bags = $60 or $120 depending on if we can pack most of our stuff in carry on
-my husband really wants photopass/memory maker = $179

All together it comes to about $4765. It would have been a lot more if we had to pay for plane tickets and the hotel. Unfortunately when we booked this we were expecting to get a large tax refund, but it turns out Turbo Tax made an error, and we are getting no tax refund. :( We told our daughter we couldn't afford to go anymore, and we were all so disappointed. But then my dad offered to contribute $1200, bringing our portion down to about $3500. We have some money saved and will probably charge some meals and pay it off with my husband's Christmas bonus. I don't love doing that, but we REALLY want to go and have been looking forward to this trip for several years. We originally were going to go in 2020 but kept putting it off due to covid concerns. Now that we're all vaccinated we are ready to go. I'm really grateful that my parents contributed so much to help make it happen. They are very generous, and they know how much this trip means to us.

Wow!! I wish I could afford something like that. Sounds like an incredible trip!

My husband and I never have much extra money, but we really want to take our kids to Disney World, so here is our plan, for 2 adults and 2 children.

-7 nights at All Star Music, paid for with my parents' airline reward miles = FREE
-4 plane tickets from Boston, paid for with the airline reward miles = FREE
-6 day base tickets with genie+ (will buy from Undercover Tourist) = $2545
-various individual lightning lane attractions = $250-$300
-food = approximately $1500
-bus to/from airport = $120
-checked bags = $60 or $120 depending on if we can pack most of our stuff in carry on
-my husband really wants photopass/memory maker = $179

All together it comes to about $4765. It would have been a lot more if we had to pay for plane tickets and the hotel. Unfortunately when we booked this we were expecting to get a large tax refund, but it turns out Turbo Tax made an error, and we are getting no tax refund. :( We told our daughter we couldn't afford to go anymore, and we were all so disappointed. But then my dad offered to contribute $1200, bringing our portion down to about $3500. We have some money saved and will probably charge some meals and pay it off with my husband's Christmas bonus. I don't love doing that, but we REALLY want to go and have been looking forward to this trip for several years. We originally were going to go in 2020 but kept putting it off due to covid concerns. Now that we're all vaccinated we are ready to go. I'm really grateful that my parents contributed so much to help make it happen. They are very generous, and they know how much this trip means to us.
I love how you well-wished others who are traveling with a budget greatly different from your own (and from mine). Over the years, we have made the trip to WDW many times. Different family and friend configurations and wildly varying budgets depending on circumstance. The only trip we enjoyed "less" is the one where my oldest DD mistakenly invited her friend Oscar the Grouch, spelled M-O-R-G-A-N. {There isn't enough Pixie Dust in the Kingdom to turn some frowns upside down.} What we spent was never an accurate measure of how much we enjoyed ourselves.

Every single trip (save the one) has been full of memories and laughter that bond us still today. We quote lines with the inflection of certain cast members, taunt each other with the nasal sensory overload of poor footwear choices for the ride home, and regale innocents who dare say Mickey's name in our presence with fantastic stories of vomiting and dehydration on the upper stairs of Who wants to be a Millionaire, nervous breakdown level of tears when greeted at Chef Mickey's, and waltzing with enchanting marionette's during Tapestry of Nations.

Like your dad, mine always wanted to help and blessed us with his military discounts and better money management than I have prior to his passing. {His idea of a perfect trip included 3 mountains, turkey dinner in a pseudo-historic tavern, and the laughter of his grandchildren.} In turn, I would spend weeks scouring VRBO for bargains and do the long distance driving to help pinch pennies. I now have a job where I can fill his shoes a bit and help pay it forward but, in my heart, I know I am paying it back (to Daddy). When we gather next month for our first big meal at Homecoming, we will pause to remember the best little Daddy and Papaw a family could hope to have. Mom and I will cry and my daughters will snap a picture of our ever growing extended family--including three little fosters that will make their first trip--so we can place it beside his headstone. I hope you have the chance to capture a truly magical moment to frame and share with Dad/Grampa/Pop Pop while you are at Disney. He will appreciate that.

All that said, I've decided that this may be my last trip until some things change. Though I can afford to spoil us more, the expense is now ridiculous. I cannot help but resent the move from an incredible experience with magical service to one of extravagant pricing with ludicrous profits. It feels as if the corporation is intentionally choosing to exclude working families who may/may not have the discretionary income and time to plan and implement the necessary assault. My first trip included a scooter skirt and pigtails and, as I said, I have enjoyed every adventure since (this will make 22 so not that many by some folks standards but, I feel blessed) so I look forward to next month and all the wonderful new memories we will make. And, I'll keep my fussing about the tedium of planning and sense of cajoled robbery to a limited, under my breath muttering so as not to disturb those beside me in a 110 minute line waiting to soar above a papier mache biome of Old London. 8-)

Boy I don't even want to think about it, but lets see if I can add it up. We were scheduled pre covid, then cancelled because we didn't want to go with all of the restrictions. we are now planning a trip in September because character interactions are finally back. This is for 5 adults and 2 kids. 7 days/6 nights. Tickets w park hopper almost 4k. Rent DVC points ~3500, Airfare "free" using points. Food budgeting 2500-3k. Now we have to pay for transportation so that will be at least another 200 bucks. Looks like we will be in about 11k. :-(

It’s interesting how most of these quotes don’t include airfare at all because of points/rewards or other factors, or there’s at least one to two expensive line items deeply discounted or free. It’s the same for all our trips too!

It’s interesting how most of these quotes don’t include airfare at all because of points/rewards or other factors, or there’s at least one to two expensive line items deeply discounted or free. It’s the same for all our trips too!
Interesting observation. It's easier for me to spend vacation dollars on somewhere I've never been before that's a new experience. WDW is one of those places where I have been what seems like a zillion times, so lol it's easier for me to rationalize doing another trip if I have freebie air, a great condo deal, etc. Almost a guilty pleasure to be going again for me.

I am spending $10,000 for two weeks for tickets hotel and cruise 5 days at Disney/ 3 night cruise / 5 days at universal.. I assume it will end up being around $13,000- $15000 with car rental and food, shopping. This is for 2 adults and twins turning 9. I rented DVC points and that saved me a ton on AKL with included parking. We are using points for our flights.

Airfare for 2 adults ABQ to MCO: $0.00 (using CC points)
Mears bus MCO to SSR: $32.00
SSR 4 nights one-bedroom villa: $0.00 (DVC)
Tickets 3-day and 2-day: $694
Food: $600
Disney Cruise Line bus round trip: $156
Disney Fantasy 9-night Southern Caribbean Cruise: $0.00 ( using DVC and FCC from 4 canceled cruises )
Spending money budget: $500
Total: under $2K

Going on a friends trip so splitting lodging 3 ways (love it!)

7 nights DVC rental at BCV - $856
7 day park hopper - $680.50
RT nonstop airfare - $250
Food - $500
Spending/misc money - $250

Estimate total - $2566.

Hoping to trim that food budget because when I travel with these friends we don't do many (if any) table service meals and will definitely be getting water delivered.
Updating this as some things have changed.

Fixed Expenses
7 nights DVC rental at BCV - $856
6 day park hopper - $568 (rough estimate using current UTC prices)
RT nonstop airfare - $301 (decided to pay extra for the return flight to get me closer to home & for an upgraded seat since I have to change planes)
Mears Connect - $32
Fixed cost total - $1,757

Variable Expenses
Food - $525 (Breakdown of $75 a day, which may be excessive unless we do a table service meal each day. Which we may do because it's been freaking cold both times I've gone in January)
Spending/misc. money - $250 (I don't buy many souvenirs anymore but always like having the option. Includes any instacart orders)
Flexible total - $775

Estimate total - $2532

11 days 4 person family
$1140.00 US Dollars Saratoga studio 5 days (dvc rental )
$1740.00 boardwalk studio 6 days (dvc rental)
$ 2059.86 tickets 5 park days for 4 people
$1110 flights from Illinois
Total $6050 not including …..

+ food for 11 days ( including multiple character meals and CRT) Cost TBD
+magic bands
+genie plus and lightening lanes
+photo pass
+rental car / car seats Cost TBD
+souvenirs Cost TBD
+princess makeover $160
+droid depot 99.99

6 days 5 nights in Dec at Disneyland
$3,400 Hotel + tickets with park hopper
$1,500 Flights from WA
$180-200 Shuttle from Airport
+ food for 6 days, mostly on fast serve

We are taking our big family blow our trip this summer and it is going to cost a lot. It’s usually just 2-3 of us going and it’s crazy how much it’s going to cost adding 3 people.

Flights: $2200
10 nights at All Star Movies (2 rooms): $4250
7 day park tickets (Genie +, no hoppers) and a minivan rental for 10 days through UCT: $4700
Food and misc during trip: $5000-6000 ?
Parking at airport for 10 days: ~$250
NASA for a day ~500-600 ?
Magic bands: ~ $150
Pet boarding for a dog and 2 cats for 11 nights:
~ $1500
So….around $17,000

Yikes 😳

Going for a mother's day trip next week, 8 nights. 6 people (one does leave earlier). All adults (All of us 'kids' are 30+ now)

Airfare - 1600 RT PIT-MCO (5 people. The last one I used points for her flight)
Room - Staying on DVC points, 3 nights 2 BR AKV:J, 5 nights 1 BR, AKV:J. Not sure how to calculate cost of this, since I budget dues and loans into my ongoing CC payments. If going by dues cost, with OKW dues, it's 2700.
Food - Planning on approximately 3500 for Disney? Still buying up gift cards as we can. Up in the air for anything else.
Car Rentals- 80 One way from home to airport for half of the family, <500 for 7 pax std SUV (Thrifty) for 9 days from MCO.
Airport parking - DSis' likely parking at ST lot at PIT 4 nights - 100. She'll pick us up when we get home.
ECV/WC for DF and DB - 80 for WC from SB, ~200? (DF got a deal.) for ECV from BVS.

Souvenirs - my budget is approx 600 with Disney Visa Rewards and gift cards.

So approx 8700 for just the fixed cost we'll have ahead of time, then each of us has our souvenir budget.

ETA - All of us have Gold or Sorcerer's Passes, so that was not counted in the budget either

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter