14 days at BWV/BCV - $3500
Park passes - $2,000

Spending money: appx $3500
14 days food - $1400
Taxi to/from airport $300
Eating out 4 times: $800
Spending money - $1,000

It's an expensive vacation.

Where is Genie+ and Lighting Lane purchase in all of that? ;)

I would be good to see some before and after budgets. I know many think that they won't do Genie+ or ILL, but they get there and crowd levels end up changing their mind. Tipping the maid might be a "spending money" item, but Genie+ and ILL can be a major extra expense, that might be hard to avoid. Is 100% optional, especially with 14 days there. But anyone doing four or five days, had better plan for it.

I would be good to see some before and after budgets. I know many think that they won't do Genie+ or ILL, but they get there and crowd levels end up changing their mind. Tipping the maid might be a "spending money" item, but Genie+ and ILL can be a major extra expense, that might be hard to avoid. Is 100% optional, especially with 14 days there. But anyone doing four or five days, had better plan for it.
Ha! Maybe we will spend more; I hope not.

Wow!! I wish I could afford something like that. Sounds like an incredible trip!

My husband and I never have much extra money, but we really want to take our kids to Disney World, so here is our plan, for 2 adults and 2 children.

-7 nights at All Star Music, paid for with my parents' airline reward miles = FREE
-4 plane tickets from Boston, paid for with the airline reward miles = FREE
-6 day base tickets with genie+ (will buy from Undercover Tourist) = $2545
-various individual lightning lane attractions = $250-$300
-food = approximately $1500
-bus to/from airport = $120
-checked bags = $60 or $120 depending on if we can pack most of our stuff in carry on
-my husband really wants photopass/memory maker = $179

All together it comes to about $4765. It would have been a lot more if we had to pay for plane tickets and the hotel. Unfortunately when we booked this we were expecting to get a large tax refund, but it turns out Turbo Tax made an error, and we are getting no tax refund. :( We told our daughter we couldn't afford to go anymore, and we were all so disappointed. But then my dad offered to contribute $1200, bringing our portion down to about $3500. We have some money saved and will probably charge some meals and pay it off with my husband's Christmas bonus. I don't love doing that, but we REALLY want to go and have been looking forward to this trip for several years. We originally were going to go in 2020 but kept putting it off due to covid concerns. Now that we're all vaccinated we are ready to go. I'm really grateful that my parents contributed so much to help make it happen. They are very generous, and they know how much this trip means to us.

Sounds like you have everything planned very well! I love that your dad stepped in and helped out so you didn't have to cancel:) I hope your family has a wonderful time.

Quite scary when you add it all up :oops:

1 solo trip (3 nights)

6 family trips (family of 4) (Total of 34 nights including Orlando, Vero Beach, and 7 night Cruise)

runDisney - $460
DVC Points Dues - $4,900
Prorated cost of DVC point purchase - $2,000
Platinum annual pass renewal - $3,255
Cruise - $11,500
Food for 20 park days (wild guess) - $6,000
Flights - $3,000 (used points on some flights)
EV Charging (1 driving trip) - $100
SWGS - $7,900
Aquatica Fun Cards - $360
Other hotels - $334 (Used a lot of Hilton Points for a 5 night stay)

Total - $39,809

2 Adults, 6 days 5 nights
Airfare from Chicago - $500
Hotel - Marriott Residence Inn Flamingo Crossings $700
Park Tickets - Annual Passes about net $650 for this trip
Car - $250
Food - $450

Total - $2550

We would much rather go 4 times a year at reasonable costs rather than just one big blowout

1 solo trip (3 nights)

6 family trips (family of 4) (Total of 34 nights including Orlando, Vero Beach, and 7 night Cruise)

runDisney - $460
DVC Points Dues - $4,900
Cruise - $11,500
SWGS - $7,900

Total - $39,809
I think that’s pretty good for 7 trips! You’re under $6,000 per trip.

1 solo trip (3 nights)

runDisney - $460
DVC Points Dues - $4,900
Cruise - $11,500
SWGS - $7,900

Total - $39,809
That’s kind of…. High….,
I’m thoroughly impressed.

A lot of money but it is what it is.

Adults 2 and 1 child 8 nights

Flights from New Zealand for 2 Adults and 1 child $5054 NZ Dollars

ESTA visa x 3 = $42 US dollars

5 day park hopper tickets $1155.66 US Dollars plus 2 day park hopper tickets for 2 Adults and 1 child $833.80 US Dollars

Hotel 6 nights 2 queen beds $1,540 us dollars

Disneyland Hotel 2 nights accommodation $1128.48 US Dollars

Car service return from LAX to Accommodation $340 US Dollars

Have yet to factor in spending money and food.

For our upcoming trip on May 25th we booked 7 nights using cash at AKL, CL Savanna view for $5091.25 We have AP's so admission is covered and I am taking my Disney Rewards card for food. I have $2,100 ish on it which should cover food. We drive (7 hours) so I am thinking about taking out a 2nd mortgage for gas.

Genie+ added $630 to our ticket total. I was not happy about that (nor about all of the added expenses that used to be included). It sure doesn’t give me any warm fuzzies about Disney, that’s for sure.

Genie+ added $630 to our ticket total. I was not happy about that (nor about all of the added expenses that used to be included). It sure doesn’t give me any warm fuzzies about Disney, that’s for sure.
I agree... but in for an penny, in for a pound.

As optional as Genie+ and ILL sound... I'm just saying folks doing budgeting need to allow for it in some cases.

Sept 2022

BRV (DVC Member) 7-Days $0.00
Park Hopper With Genie + $3,606.95
Airfare From Pa $950.00
Food Estimate $2200.00

$6,756.00

I just added it all up and I am rather shocked at how expensive it is even with DVC and APs.

May 2022
2 Adults
10 park days, 11 nights

$1145 - DVC dues for an AKV Studio for 11 nights
$960 - 1/2 the cost of a Sorcerer's AP for two adults
$200 - Genie+ for a couple of days and maybe and $ILL or two
$1500 - food estimate. We will probably spend less because we don't have any ADRs planned now and we are at club level for 4 nights
$516 - airfare from MKE
$90 - parking at MKE
$230 - Gold Mobility scooter rental

Total: $4641

What's particularly shocking about that is I am planning an Alaskan cruise in August on Princess and I'm paying $2978 for a balcony (with free drinks, internet and gratuities) with $700 in OBC and $600 in airfare credit. My trip to Alaska will cost less per day, even when I add in excursions.

I'm kinda scared to add it all up, but I might as well see what it comes to...

4 adults, 2 kids for 10 nights (2 adults and 1 kid will be leaving on day 9)

Hotel - 2-bedroom villa (SSR first 2 nights - cash with AP discount; BCV next 7 nights - DVC points rental): $7871.25
Hotel - standard room at AKL (1 night - cash with AP discount): $523.98
Airfare for part of group: $1238.86
Gas for part of group: $500
Tickets (4 "adult"/1 child 9 day park hoppers from UT - I have AP): $3276.94
H2O Glow Party tickets for 5: $308.87
Drawn to Life tickets for 5: $763.84
G+/ILL (estimate): $1440
Scooter rentals (2): $459.98
Budget for food/souvenirs/etc: $6000
Cabana rental at Stormalong Bay (if I can secure one): $350-ish
Total: $22,733.72

:oops:

I agree... but in for an penny, in for a pound.

As optional as Genie+ and ILL sound... I'm just saying folks doing budgeting need to allow for it in some cases.

Oh I absolutely agree. It is quite a big expense if you’re not planning for it. ILL wasn’t such a big deal with just my daughter and me, but it’s going to be painful purchasing it for our family of 6.

19 nights, 6 yrs from last trip to WDW/UO

4 people airfare, $0 (from Maui, Rewards)
Genie+, ILL?
10 day WDW hop/waterparks $0 (rewards)
2 nights Poly Lagoon view-Club Lounge $1,836
2 nights Galactic Starcruiser, standard $6,800
10 nights BWV 2bdrm Boardwalk view $6,700
5 nights Hard Rock Rockstar suite $4,115
1 day HRH cabana $300
2 night OI UNIVERSAL meetup party $1,800
3 days Universal tix $1,468
1 day Volcano Bay cabana $450
*Food/souvenirs (so much food and things!)
$23,169 (less 4K Rewards)
Total $19,469 *Plus
What rewards did you use for the 10 day park hopper?

and awesome trip!

What rewards did you use for the 10 day park hopper?

and awesome trip!
Hi Pink Pixel, we used our Disney Visa rewards for the tickets (and I ended up adding on Genie plus). We have been saving up rewards for a long time so I still have money left over to help pay for some of our food or souvenirs. Also, my husband had enough miles on his business credit card to buy the airfare.

This trip kind of snowballed into a bigger trip when the Starcruiser opened and we decided to add that onto the beginning of our already really long vacation. We thought we better get there a few days early to get over jet lag from HST to EST, and I have always wanted to stay at the Poly, so might as well try club level with a view. Then, I found out that there was an Orlando Informer private event for Universal while we were going to be there. It sounded wonderful to go to the parks when it was cooler at night , free food and all the butterbeer I can drink and low crowds, so I added those too!
Luckily, my brother and his family from Texas are going to Dog sit / vacation at our house while we are gone.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter