How Much Is Your 2022 Disney Vacation Going to Cost You?? $$

Our upcoming stay for 7 nights in the resorts, 2 day tickets with the water park option, and tickets for MNSSHP is $2700. That’s for 2 adults with 2 nights at the Poly and 5 nights at ASMusic. Don't really have a budget yet for food or gas haha.

The two Poly nights were just added this past week, otherwise it was originally supposed to be a “budget” trip that was $1450 for the tickets and ASMusic stay.

We just returned on Monday 8/22 from a trip for my 50th birthday. Just me and the DH this time. Stayed in a studio at CCV.
5 nights CCV studio $700 (rounding up for dues)
2 MNSSHP tix $210 (DVC discount)
2 day park tickets $535
Airfare on SW $310
Sunshine Flyer $64
Check out folio for meals and souvenirs/building a lightsaber, etc. $1500
Mobile food orders $60-ish?

Total: $3379

Hubby and I went to Flower & Garden in April.
Rented DVC reservation for Saturday night at BWV: $320
Military 5 day park hopper, used 2/5 days: $280 of a total $700
Food and snacks at Epcot and AK: $300
Souvenirs: $150 (Alice in Wonderland ceramic bowls and the store in Japan were our faves!)
Total: $1050

We drove from Jacksonville which is about 2.5 hours northeast early Saturday morning and stayed until Sunday afternoon. Ended up buying DVC resale at the Poly! Excited to come back with our teens!

Planning to go 6/28-7/5 2023
BOGO delta tix CVG to MCO $380
DVC 7 nights - sunk cost
Transportation to/from guessing $150
Tix $1400 prob will do hoppers (7 days 2ppl)
Food and activities $2100 ($300/day)
Generally would like to stay under $5k

We might swap Universal for some Disney days TBD

Hubby and I went to Flower & Garden in April.
Rented DVC reservation for Saturday night at BWV: $320
Military 5 day park hopper, used 2/5 days: $280 of a total $700
Food and snacks at Epcot and AK: $300
Souvenirs: $150 (Alice in Wonderland ceramic bowls and the store in Japan were our faves!)
Total: $1050

We drove from Jacksonville which is about 2.5 hours northeast early Saturday morning and stayed until Sunday afternoon. Ended up buying DVC resale at the Poly! Excited to come back with our teens!
How did you buy DVC resale while on this trip?

Price for our trip so far:

October 22 - November 5th
2 Adults 1 infant(1yo)

Tickets:
3 round trip flights southwest - $977.88
2 park tickets 9 days no hopper - $1355.62
2 MNSSHP Oct 27th - $338.68
Subtotal: $2672.18

Resorts:
Coronado Springs (6 nights) - $1517.39
Caribbean Beach (8 nights) - $2392.09
Subtotal: $3909.48

Total: $6581.66

We will be splitting the cost of Memory Maker with family that will be coming down also.

Still determining transportation from airport to hotel. We will have a ride to the airport to leave. Most likely take sunshine flyer.

After a full day out and about last week, I decided to be cautious and schedule an ECV rental.
I have rheumatoid arthritis and while I'm much better than I was at the onset (practically immobile), after awhile my joints swell up and walking is not possible without extreme pain.

Budgeting an extra $230 for the week long rental from gold mobility, bringing up my budget to $2762

Updating because I love updating my budgeting spreadsheets/notes.

Fixed Expenses
7 nights DVC rental at BCV - $856
6 day park hopper - $643 $443 (opened a capital one cc with a $200 statement credit incentive)
RT nonstop airfare - $301 (decided to pay extra for the return flight to get me closer to home & for an upgraded seat since I have to change planes)
Mears Connect - $32
ECV rental - $207
Fixed cost total - $2039 $1632

Variable Expenses
Food - $525 $665 (erring on the side of over budgeting with how much food costs these days)
Spending/misc. money - $250 (I don't buy many souvenirs anymore but always like having the option. Includes any instacart orders)
Flexible total - $775 $915+

Estimate total - $2954 $2754

Last edited:
Received one week's notice that I needed to be in Orlando for work. Made an impromptu Disney trip and booked Monday for a trip that Friday-Sunday.

Flights - $40 (remainder covered by conference)
Mears Shuttle one way - $16
2 nights at All Stars Music - $385
2-day Park Hopper - $270 (conference discount)
Memory Maker - $25 (joined share group)
Genie+ and ILL - $58
Food - $180
Souvenirs - $65

Total - $1039

I used my Disney gift cards for everything except fought and hotel, which were purchased at discount of 10-20%.

It comes out to $520/day. Seems high considering the bulk of my transportation costs were covered by the conference?

True, and this was my cheapest trip. I just thought all my cost saving techniques would have saved me more! Need to keep studying...
Well unfortunately, there's some very fixed costs that you won't have much flexibility on...your tickets/Genie are $160/day. Unless you don't park hop, you can't save much there. Your room is almost $200/night - unless you split the cost with someone or stay offsite, there's not a lot to be done there. We love the All Stars and are happy to stay there, but on any other trip/vacation, that's pricy for the level of accomodations.
Food at $90/day could be reduced a bit if you skipped a meal and snacked, or brought something in, but otherwise it's a good estimate.

Some folks manage to save 5-10% by pre-buying gift cards at Target or with credit card deals. Skip on over to the credit card thread to get some ideas. If you're open to applying for a new CC occasionally, you can use accumulated points to pay airfare, room or tickets.

Family of 5 trip in July 2022:

$3400 = 8 nights at The Polynesian/BCV (Rented DVC points)
$2800 = 5 plane tickets from CA to MCO (bought them when they were at the height on price!! smh...)
$200 = Airport parking
$3100 = Food
$800 = ILL/Uber/souvenirs/amazon fresh orders
$3100 = 6 day park tickets + Genie

Plus the outfits bought for Disney. =)

= $15,000 approx. THE most expensive vacation ever!!

Family of 5 trip in July 2022:

$3400 = 8 nights at The Polynesian/BCV (Rented DVC points)
$2800 = 5 plane tickets from CA to MCO (bought them when they were at the height on price!! smh...)
$200 = Airport parking
$3100 = Food
$800 = ILL/Uber/souvenirs/amazon fresh orders
$3100 = 6 day park tickets + Genie

Plus the outfits bought for Disney. =)

= $15,000 approx. THE most expensive vacation ever!!
Who are you flying through? Any chance they would offer a price adjustment for credit toward future travel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter