How Much Is Your 2022 Disney Vacation Going to Cost You?? $$

Family of 5 trip in July 2022:

$3400 = 8 nights at The Polynesian/BCV (Rented DVC points)
$2800 = 5 plane tickets from CA to MCO (bought them when they were at the height on price!! smh...)
$200 = Airport parking
$3100 = Food
$800 = ILL/Uber/souvenirs/amazon fresh orders
$3100 = 6 day park tickets + Genie

Plus the outfits bought for Disney. =)

= $15,000 approx. THE most expensive vacation ever!!
That's ridiculous. Sorry, I hope you have a good time.

Gas/tolls/airport parking- $175
5 nights ASMovies (preferred) for 2 adults w/3 day PH tickets: $1650
Airfare: $45 (PWM-MCO on SW points)
Mears: $64
We already have magic bands, won't be doing G+/ILL, and have $250 gift card towards food, but of course we'll spend more on food and adult beverages :drinking1. This is our 30-somethingth trip to Disney, so don't expect to be buying more souvenirs.
TOTAL: $1934
I'll amend this, as changes were made:
RT gas/tolls and airport parking: $165
5 nights POFQ for 2 adults w/3day PH tickets: $2219
One night airport hotel (Home2 Suites at MCO): free on points
24 hour car rental (Alamo- they picked vehicle, ended up with a midsize SUV) plus gas: $101 (no tolls)
Groceries for room (mostly breakfast) $47
Airfare $45 (PWM-MCO on SW points)
Sunshine Flyer: $32
Total: $2600... not including the $80 Haunted Mansion sweater that DD and I will "share." (meaning we can keep it in my closet when she isn't wearing it, hahaha)

For meals I used the gift cards mentioned above and $300 in Disney VISA rewards. Those "small" plates at Food&Wine really add up!!

Last edited:

Went the week before Labor day with DVC points so I don't have a figure on the actual stay.
That being said, between park passes, food, merch, gas and other misc spend probably $5200 for three of us.

This trip will use the last of our non-expiring PH tickets and was planned far enough ahead to give me time to save up and earn through reward programs.

8 nights at Pop Century for 2 adults = $1843.89 paid with reward program $$$$$ = 0
2 Economy Plus RT airfares from Denver using airline miles = $431
2 non-expiring 5 day PH tickets purchased before 2019 = $933 (plus 1 complimentary PH pass already in MDE)
1 MVMCP ticket = $180
estimated food = $800 minus Gift Certificate for either Morimoto or Space 220 and saved change = $420
MCO to/from hotel = $125
Genie+ for 2 on 4 days = $120
2 MagicBand+ = $74

Estimated TOTAL using discounts listed above = $2283

-------------------------------------------------
8 nights at Pop Century for 2 adults = $1843.89
2 Economy Plus RT airfares from Denver = $1800
2 5 day PH tickets current cost = $1184
1 MVMCP ticket = $180
estimated food = $800
MCO to/from hotel = $125
Genie+ for 2 on 4 days = $120
2 MagicBand+ = $74

Estimated TOTAL without savings listed above = $6127

Well, based on recent food cost increases, G+ increases, and adding LL due to higher crowd estimates I am revising my trip costs as follows:

Increases
Genie+ for 2 people on 5 days and 1 person on a separate day = max of $264 😱 (probably not needed for all days but just in case)
LL for 2 people on 5 days and 1 person on a separate day = max of $165 😲 (will definitely need these for 3-5 of the days)
estimated food cost of $1000 minus gift certificate and saved change = $620

Hopefully those below will not increase!
8 nights at Pop Century for 2 adults = $1843.89 paid with reward program $$$$$ = 0
2 Economy Plus RT airfares from Denver using airline miles = $431
2 non-expiring 5 day PH tickets purchased before 2019 = $933 (plus 1 complimentary PH pass already in MDE)
1 MVMCP ticket = $180
MCO to/from hotel = $125
2 MagicBand+ = $74

Estimated TOTAL using discounts listed above = $2283 is now $2792 !

So we haven't gone since 2019 (thanks Covid) so I feel like I have had a decent amount of time to save up for this trip - but I am still shocked by the prices!! Especially when I look back to what our past trips have cost. I am curious to what everyone is doing to save money, what they're skipping etc, or is it really just pent up demand gone wild.
Way too much! It is getting more and more out-of-hand. Disney is becoming for the rich only. Like everything else, the middle class is being pushed out. Disney forgets all of us that made them for years. Chapek is disgusting.

Disney cruise Alaska 5/2023

7 night cruise. 3 adults, 2 kids in 2 cabins. Savings coming mainly from Amtrak train ride on points rather than paying for airfare and hotel stay on points (Hyatt) as well. The biggest expense is the cruise itself. We are foregoing the pricier excursions and will diy or go with outside vendors.

$10,000 for 2 cabins (includes placeholder discount).
$580 tips
$260 taxis/Uber/Lyft
Hotel 2 rooms, 2 nights on CSP UR points transferred to Hyatt (may add a night for the night we get off
Train to Vancouver on Amtrak points
$48 Vancouver 3 day bus passes
$350 Jeep rental Skagway
$255 dog sled tour
$865 Juneau private whale watching and taxi to Mendenhall, includes tip
$195 Mount Roberts air tram
$115 Ketchikan car rental, various entrance fees
$200-250 food Vancouver

Total $13,000.

Question for the group, any ideas for how to save money on taxis/Uber? Or can I transfer UR to Avis? I have chase sapphire preferred, I’ll need to look up if there is some kind of discount with that card. Maybe I should cut out the Mount Roberts air tram. I probably should add $200 ish for souvenirs. I plan to buy gift cards to save 10% off the cruise between the actual saving on the gift cards plus future savings for points accrued (fingers crossed) which would shave $880 ish….

Disney cruise Alaska 5/2023

7 night cruise. 3 adults, 2 kids in 2 cabins. Savings coming mainly from Amtrak train ride on points rather than paying for airfare and hotel stay on points (Hyatt) as well. The biggest expense is the cruise itself. We are foregoing the pricier excursions and will diy or go with outside vendors.

$10,000 for 2 cabins (includes placeholder discount).
$580 tips
$260 taxis/Uber/Lyft
Hotel 2 rooms, 2 nights on CSP UR points transferred to Hyatt (may add a night for the night we get off
Train to Vancouver on Amtrak points
$48 Vancouver 3 day bus passes
$350 Jeep rental Skagway
$255 dog sled tour
$865 Juneau private whale watching and taxi to Mendenhall, includes tip
$195 Mount Roberts air tram
$115 Ketchikan car rental, various entrance fees
$200-250 food Vancouver

Total $13,000.

Question for the group, any ideas for how to save money on taxis/Uber? Or can I transfer UR to Avis? I have chase sapphire preferred, I’ll need to look up if there is some kind of discount with that card. Maybe I should cut out the Mount Roberts air tram. I probably should add $200 ish for souvenirs. I plan to buy gift cards to save 10% off the cruise between the actual saving on the gift cards plus future savings for points accrued (fingers crossed) which would shave $880 ish….
Uber runs discounts sometimes on the app. Also if you buy giftcards with a target card you get 5% off (im not 100% if this still works).

Uber runs discounts sometimes on the app. Also if you buy giftcards with a target card you get 5% off (im not 100% if this still works).
I don’t have a target card but will keep it in mind if the BJ’s gift card deal doesn’t pan out for Veterans Day. Thank you!

Just returned from a trip with my husband, his brother and brother's wife & two kids (12 and 14).

Cost for my husband and I:

Flight $268 (partially paid with points)
Rental Car $544
Swan Resort for 7 nights (King resort view room with balcony, booked package through Costco, includes resort fee) $2,433
Parking at Swan $224
5-day tickets with Genie+ $1,330
Hoop Dee Doo $416 (6 people - paid for family)
Pretzel Charcuterie $85
Memory Maker $169
Food/Souvenirs/ILL $1,000

Total: $6,469

Spent an additional 3 days in Key West, which brought our grand total to about $8,000.

We are taking our adult children and their families. Flying into MCO, spending 5 nights on-site with tickets for 5 days. Then off on a week long sailing on the fantasy. I’m embarrassed to say how much this is costing but I will say, with what we will be laying out, we could have bought a luxury car.
YOLO I guess 😉

We are taking our adult children and their families. Flying into MCO, spending 5 nights on-site with tickets for 5 days. Then off on a week long sailing on the fantasy. I’m embarrassed to say how much this is costing but I will say, with what we will be laying out, we could have bought a luxury car.
YOLO I guess 😉

But hard to put a price on the memories...

Why Disney is a different experience for me, than someone going for their first time. I have memories going back nearly 50 years.... that are triggered each time I visit. Tips with my grandmother, my parents, uncle and aunts, cousins, brother and sister. Then later with my wife, and then our kids and now our grandkids. I hope one day my grand kids will laugh about grandpa riding Tea Cups with them....

No one should go into debit doing a Disney Trip... but if you have money, I'd rather spend it with my family than just leave it to them in a will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter