How much is your 2023 Disney vacation going to cost, or how much are you budgeting for it?

We are going March 25-April 1, just hubby and me. Here’s what we’re spending:

6 day park hoppers $1250

1 day Sea World tickets $188

7 day pool home rental $1394

6 days parking $150

4 days Genie+ $80

Fantasmic Dining pkg $150

Gas approx $350(from NC)

Food approx $500

Souvenirs $200

Total $4262

I’d love to participate but my budget keeps growing. Please tell me we aren’t the only family who does this. We booked for November and since have changed tickets and hotels to more expensive options lol

I’d love to participate but my budget keeps growing. Please tell me we aren’t the only family who does this. We booked for November and since have changed tickets and hotels to more expensive options lol
Always😂😂 We're going for ten days and have four resorts (2 dvc rentals and two direct disney reservations)
Arrival we're staying one night at Saratoga Springs then transferring to Fort Wilderness for seven nights then checking into the Grand Floridian for our last night. Decided to grab a one night stay in the middle of our Fort Wilderness stay and booked the Contemporary resort club level with the new disney visa promo to also take advantage of emhs for deluxe resort guests at Epcot. Should make for an interesting trip.

This is how much we spent over last 2 weeks in GBP. So accounting for terrible exchange rate.
Flights £1100 - x 2 premium economy using points (taxes and fees are awful from uk)
Town Car airport transfer £115 - Best Splurge of the Trip.
Hilton @ Heathrow £143
POFQ 5 Nights including 14 days over 18 days Tickets (including drawn to life + dining credit) =£2397
Lowes Portifino - £538 - incluing 4pm checkout and $100 dining credit
Marriott Swan Reserve - converted amex points but spent £660 on additional points -Resort Fees, Massages, Coffees and Fountain Milkshakes came to $437 dollars additionally.
Hilton Signia BC - converted amex points spent £600 on points.- resort fee covered due to points stay and $30 fb credit meant total bill at end was $237
Food Drinks and Merch - Haven't worked it out exactly but it was around £3000 (including the above figures)
Universal tickets were £654 for 2 adults. 3 park but we didnt end up doing volcano bay
After Hours = 145 each and dessert party 99 each
Total: £9695

Next trip won't be for at least 5 years.

This is how much we spent over last 2 weeks in GBP. So accounting for terrible exchange rate.
Flights £1100 - x 2 premium economy using points (taxes and fees are awful from uk)
Town Car airport transfer £115 - Best Splurge of the Trip.
Hilton @ Heathrow £143
POFQ 5 Nights including 14 days over 18 days Tickets (including drawn to life + dining credit) =£2397
Lowes Portifino - £538 - incluing 4pm checkout and $100 dining credit
Marriott Swan Reserve - converted amex points but spent £660 on additional points -Resort Fees, Massages, Coffees and Fountain Milkshakes came to $437 dollars additionally.
Hilton Signia BC - converted amex points spent £600 on points.- resort fee covered due to points stay and $30 fb credit meant total bill at end was $237
Food Drinks and Merch - Haven't worked it out exactly but it was around £3000 (including the above figures)
Universal tickets were £654 for 2 adults. 3 park but we didnt end up doing volcano bay
After Hours = 145 each and dessert party 99 each
Total: £9695

Next trip won't be for at least 5 years.
That’s not a bad price. We are from uk and we are nearly 15k next time for the 4 of us

We are going at start off December 2024

for 2 adults, 2 kids with Disney park tickets for two weeks and flights, food etc

15 nights at Caribean beach and then 3 nights at grand Floridian we are about £14,000 roughly

For April 12th-17th, two persons, all in USD
Flights from/to Canada w/ luggage: 820$
Springtime Surprise Challenge bibs: 960$
ASMo 5 nights w/ tips: 1100$
5 days base tickets: 1150$
Food budget (QS and snacks): 500$
Transportation to/from airports: 200$
Souvenirs and pictures: 200$
We might add a budget for ILL$ and Genie+ up to what upgrading to Park Hopper would cost. Say 70$ to round off the total to 5000$

I have three trips planned in the near future, but one of them is in 2024, so here are the two for 2023:

1. April 1st - 8th (My family of 3)
  • Driving down Hybrid Electric Car Virginia to Florida ~$200 each way = $400
  • Shades of Green Standard Room w/prepaid parking 7 days= $1617.00
  • DH and DD are Passholders, My MYW ticket 1 park per day for 5 days = $485.50 (Salute is blocked out)
    • We have Incredipasses, ~$1200/each means if paying per day across our 10 days this year ~$ 1200 for 5 days
  • This trip is for DD 16th birthday. She gets a gift card to splurge on herself = $200
  • Based on the dining we booked in advance we have gift cards bought for food = $2000
  • Extra gift cards for shopping/snacks = $500
Total for April Trip = $6402.50

2. August 5th-19th (My family of 3)
  • Driving down (same as before) = $400
  • Shades of Green Black Friday Sale w/Breakfast Buffet and Parking 7 days = $1641.15
  • Still gonna be pass holders, My Salute Ticket 5 Day = $366.00
    • 5 days Annual Pass use: $1200 for the other 5 days (We normally go 3-4 times a year to make this less, but there is a cruise this year!)
  • Generally for food we bring the same amount = $2000
  • Extra for shopping/snacks =$500
  • 7 Day Cruise Disney Fantasy from Port Canaveral Balcony Room (Prepaid gratuity) = $7056.59
  • Extra Money for Cruise = $2000
Total for August Trip =$15,163.74

All of it is already paid for the year except for the $2000 for food in August and the $2000 for the ship, but I have five more months to save that up. Normally like I said we go to Disney 3-4 times a year using Shades to give more value to our annual passes, but this year we wanted to try out a cruise. It's pricey for sure (and we couldn't do military on dates that were good for our DD's school) so we're paying full price for it.

$0. I let my AP lapse on 3/6. No plans to go to WDW in 2023. I need a break; it's not as enjoyable anymore. Maybe things will change.

In the meantime, I'll get my Disney fix as follows:
  • Aulani for 9 days in May
  • DLR for four nights in December
  • Tokyo Disney Resort for five days in April, 2024

We actually have two trips planned this year, but I don't have the cost specifics yet on the second trip.

Trip #1 = two adults, one child, one free-under-three. Eight night stay with 8 day park hoppers.
-Accommodations appx. $3500.
-Flights appx. $1600
-Food appx $2000
-Genie+/LL costs, appx $500
-Airport transport $100
-Park tickets $2400
-Extras $300
-Shopping, maybe $200-$300 total including gift cards for the kids.
TOTAL = between $10,000-$11,000.

This is a big cruise year for us, but we have gotten some great VGT rates that really help with the cost. I'll add to the below that we have APs and DVC that I did not figure into the cost. Prices below are for 2 adults, no children.

Trip 1: WDW Festival of the Arts Opening Weekend
- Hotel: DVC Points (I recognize these have value but I look at them as a sunk cost since it is already paid for)
- Flights: Used points
- Airport transport: $90
- Food: ~$600
- Souvenirs: $350 (bought one art piece)
-Total: $1040

Trip 2: 8 Night Southern Caribbean DCL
- Cruise fare: $3526 (VGT fare)
- Flights: $575 (used points for one person)
- Pre-cruise hotel: $220
- Estimated onboard/other spending: ~$800 (we have ~$700 in gift cards so far to use towards this, we drink reasonably but don't do spa/bingo type things)
- Excursions: $890
- Total: ~$6,011

Trip 3: 4 Night Bahamian DCL
- Cruise fare: N/A, rented excess DVC points to cover cost (also VGT)
- Flights: $515 (flights are so pricey this year)
- Airport transport: $100
- Pre-cruise hotel: $160
- Estimated onboard spending: $600
- Excursions: N/A, we stay on the ship in Nassau and hang at Serenity Bay on Castaway
- Total: ~$1375

Trip 4: 7 night Northern Europe & Norwegian Fjords DCL
- Cruise fare: $3815 (VGT fare)
- Flights: $2650 (airfare has not been kind this year... it is actually 3400 but my job has a mental health wellness reimbursement I'm using towards some of the cost)
- Pre/Post Cruise hotel: $700
- Estimated onboard spending: $900
- Excursions: TBD, estimating ~$1200
- Total: ~$9,465

Trip 5: WDW 5 Nights December
- Hotel: DVC Points
- Flights: Used points
- Airport Transport: $90
- Food: ~$1200
- Souvenirs: ~$100, we don't buy much at the parks since we go often
- Genie: ~$150
-Total: ~$1540

Yup me! I have a solo trip in May! Originally booked GFV for 6 nights and just now extended my trip and added WL CL for 3 nights! My budget is blown!

Our current trip plans - Sept 8-24 (16 nights) at the Dolphin. We are a party of 6. Hubby and I plus 4 children ages 7,5,2,4mo.

Room: Dolphin standard room with AP discount (code QWH), $4338.
Flights: Southwest, nonstop from Indianapolis. I paid around 22,000 points per person for 3 people. Hubby and I both have companion pass for our older kids. I monitor the flight prices every day and change them if they go down in price.
Dining: We budget around $400 per day for a sit down lunch and dinner plus snacks. We will do a few signature meals and character meals in that. We typically get a cocktail with lunch and sometimes a bottle of wine with dinner. Beers around the world at Epcot. Cocktails while the kids do the Wilderness Explorer books at AK. Drinks at the pool. We have done 30-40 days at Disney per year for the last few years and with inflation, that is what we have averaged. We typically just have a quick breakfast in the room or while waiting on transportation.
Extras: $25 per day. That averages out but is probably less. Our kids each get to pick "one thing" per trip and we use that as a bargaining chip if they start to misbehave.
Airport Parking: $9 per day
Transportation to resort: UberXL. Can range but usually around $120 round trip. We bring all of our own car seats.
AP's, $1499 each. My 7 yo has one currently so we need 3. Praying they sell them before our trip or we will have to figure out the best way to piece together tickets. Shouldn't have let ours expire :(

Room: $4338
Flights: $0 ($990 value in points, bags free)
Dining: $400x16 = $6400
Extras: $25x16 = $400
Parking: $9x16 = $144
Uber: $120
AP's: $4500 + tax so probably $5000ish

Total: $11400 + $5000 for passes = $16400 for a family of 6.
Updates:
Rebooked Dolphin for a lower rate. Now $4194.
Rebooked SW flights for fewer points. They had a sale one day and I rebooked for the lower rate. I forget how much we saved.
Uber XL: Just realized that we probably won't fit a family of 6 plus driver plus 2 strollers and bags into one Uber so we will probably need 2 or need to hire a 12 passenger van.
Food: We just got back from 14 nights at Aulani and our middle 2 kids barely made it to dinner time a lot of the nights so we will probably only do a dinner reservation every other night to give them time to pass out. I'm guessing $350x16 nights.

Room: $4194
Flights: Still $0
Dining: $5600
Extras: $400
Parking: $144
Uber: $240??
AP's: $5,000

Total: ~$10,575 plus $5,000 for passes

I'm dreading our final tally on this one:
5/20-27, 2 adults, 6 Nights at Riviera (preferred studio), 1 Night at Kidani (savannah view studio)

Room: $1250 ($700 for the dues and then another $550 for some extra points since we'd used all of our own)
Flights: $975 ($325 will get refunded afterwards through Southwest's customer of size policy)
Tickets: $1350 (6 day parkhoppers through UT)
Rideshares: $200 airport transport at home and from MCO
Dining: $2000
HS After Hours: $250
Genie+/LL: Not sure yet, hopefully no more than $125. We're going to see how we do with requesting DAS this trip. But we're prepared to pay for a few ILLs if needed and for Genie+ at MK and HS.
Misc: $1500 (a small grocery delivery, souvenirs, and lots of miscellaneous prep stuff like a new suitcase, park bag, new sneakers for both of us, filtering water bottle, ponchos, sunblock, etc. We haven't traveled since pre-COVID and realized we don't have a lot of the basics for summer travel since we normally go between October and January. So at least $600 of that is long term reusable stuff that's not just for this trip.)

All in, around $7500.

Dates -
Resort & Room Type -
- - -
Room(s) -
Flight(s) -
Park Tix –
Transportation -
Parking -
Food -
Event(s) -
Extras -
Total =

Would it be cool (or helpful) if there was a form to fill out for this section, similar to the DVC ROFR thread... or would that be more hassle & confusing.? (no I don't know how to make it, just seemed like this type of thread where posts are so similar it might be nice)

We are traveling in August 2023. Family of five with boys aged 8, 5, and 3 at time of travel. These are my current working totals. The 162 DVC points from 2022 were free when we bought our DVC contract, but I figure they are still worth the 2022 dues pp.

7 Nights at Polynesian Lake View Studio: $1291.89 (162 2022 points @ $7.3859pp, 12 2023 points @ $7.9475pp)
2 Nights at Animal Kingdom-Kidani Village 1BR Savanna View: $556.33 (70 2023 points @ $7.9475pp)
7 1 Park Per Day Ticket for 2 Adults & 3 Children: $2,833.61
Roundtrip Airline Tickets from and to MDW: $1,579.78
Roundtrip Transportation on Sunshine Flyer: $144.00
Groceries: $200.00 (estimate)
Restaurants: $1,500.00 (estimate)
Souvenirs: $1,110.00 (estimate)
Tips: $100.00 (estimate)

Total: $9,315.61

Current amount saved: $10,552.55 with an additional $475.00 in Disney gift cards. Accommodations were paid for in December 2022.
I think your dining expenses are a little low, especially if you're doing any character dining.

2 Adults, 1 Child - 8 days at WDW - $9700

Flights and 3 Nights at Swan - $2900
5 Nights at Grand Floridian - $1120
6 Day park pass w/water park access - $1800
MNSSHP (estimate) - $450
Planned food costs - $2500
Souvenirs- $400
Transportation - $300
Umbrella rental at water parks - $90
Genie+ - $240?

2 days at Universal - $1850
Hotel 1 night Premier, 1 night value - $650
Transportation - $50
Food / souvenirs - $400
Park tickets - $800
Unlimited Express Pass - included

OMG - this is really scary! It’s only manageable because I used Delta miles for the flight and Swan hotel stay (at 2x point redemption promo), and using some of our DVC points for the VGF nights.

This will probably be a once in 4-5 years trip. Unless our daughter wants to go to college…. 😫

We have also added on a quick Disneyland visit at the end of a cruise - 2 days in the park, $1835
  • Park tix with G+ - $985
  • 2 nights Fairfield Inn (one reward night) - $250
  • Transportation - $100
  • Food (during Food and Wine festival) - $400
  • Souvenirs - $100

Last edited:
Updates:
Rebooked Dolphin for a lower rate. Now $4194.
Rebooked SW flights for fewer points. They had a sale one day and I rebooked for the lower rate. I forget how much we saved.
Uber XL: Just realized that we probably won't fit a family of 6 plus driver plus 2 strollers and bags into one Uber so we will probably need 2 or need to hire a 12 passenger van.
Food: We just got back from 14 nights at Aulani and our middle 2 kids barely made it to dinner time a lot of the nights so we will probably only do a dinner reservation every other night to give them time to pass out. I'm guessing $350x16 nights.

Room: $4194
Flights: Still $0
Dining: $5600
Extras: $400
Parking: $144
Uber: $240??
AP's: $5,000

Total: ~$10,575 plus $5,000 for passes
$4194 for 16 nights at the Dolphin? That’s a really good rate!

I think your dining expenses are a little low, especially if you're doing any character dining.
My wife and I are still debating restaurants. My original plan was and still is to eat at one QS restaurant per day, with the exception being breakfast at 'Ohana. We plan on eating breakfast in the room and lunch or dinner will be at our room or out of a cooler. I have a working spreadsheet of the park restaurants we will likely eat at, prices of our likely orders (starters, drinks, entrees, and desserts), and then calculated the tax and any gratuity that may be necessary to get to a total for that restaurant. I think my current spreadsheet has us spending around $1,300. But my calculations may be too low and they may change as well. My wife brought up the idea of only doing TS meals when we eat at the parks, which I'm not exactly fond of with how inconsistent my boys are at eating the food they order. I also did not factor in snacks, as we will have snacks in the cooler, but I'm sure they will get some snacks in the parks. I'm curious to see if my estimates are too low. I'll report back after our trip to let everyone know how well I budgeted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter