How much is your 2023 Disney vacation going to cost, or how much are you budgeting for it?

We are going in May for 8 days
Fl spirit rental 1300
Budget car rental 220
Epcot 288 plus parking 20
Leu Garden free movie night/picnic
Disney Springs boat ride free to French Quarter Scat Cats for Beignets and coffee
Windermere Farmers Market
Flights-had a free companion pass so it’s $368 total
Lyft to airport 38 and home 55-65
Groceries Aldi est 100
Dining out est 400
Gas est $50

Just got back from our March break trip. March 15-24, 2023. Numbers are rounded to the nearest 00. Two adults, one child.

One bedroom at Beach Club Villas $4,800 (343 points, assume $14/pt)
Room charges (table service dining, snacks, resort mug, sunscreen, misc) $1,000
Mobile orders $500
Merchandise $100
Flights $1,000
Uber MCO to BCV and back $100
Tickets $1,700 (1/3 of three Disney incredi-pass AP renewal cost, this is trip 2 on this set of APs)

Total $9,200.

Guess we are sticking with the ~$1k/day guideline still.

Just got back from our March break trip. March 15-24, 2023. Numbers are rounded to the nearest 00. Two adults, one child.

One bedroom at Beach Club Villas $4,800 (343 points, assume $14/pt)
Room charges (table service dining, snacks, resort mug, sunscreen, misc) $1,000
Mobile orders $500
Merchandise $100
Flights $1,000
Uber MCO to BCV and back $100
Tickets $1,700 (1/3 of three Disney incredi-pass AP renewal cost, this is trip 2 on this set of APs)

Total $9,200.

Guess we are sticking with the ~$1k/day guideline still.
Wow times change. I literally remember having a $100 per person per day budget that included value resort, quick service, 2 character lunches, hopper tickets w water park, flights and $100 per kid souvenirs. We’d stay for a week. We didn’t feel deprived. Those were the days

We are doing a 13 night split stay this summer. Last one for a while. Family wants to see somewhere other than Disney!

6 night Riviera/7 night Grand Floridian in 2 bedroom villas - 5 adults/1 kid

Not counting the original point costs because we bought fairly cheap and have already "stayed more" than what we paid.

$4556 - to rent additional DVC points since we just went last year
$3000 - approx dues
$3709 - Park tickets through UT. 7 day, no hopper. We never hop
$1267 - flights after points
$1113 - Car Rental for the stay - don't like relying on the buses
$169 - Memory Maker
$960 - 3 days Cabana Rentals while at VGF
$300 - parking, we will valet at Riviera & self park at VGF, parking at Disney Springs
$350 - Groceries - we eat most breakfasts in the room
$100 - Gas
$700 - Genie + - total estimate because that's what I paid last year
$1500 - Souvenir money etc
$7500 - food - we do a lot of signature dining, some character meals, pool bar days etc

Totally justifying this as a last hoorah since it may be 2028 before I am back! I do buy discounted GC's and use credit card cash back. All rewards etc go towards our vacations.

$25224

3 cruises planned this summer
1 - 4 adults 8 nights from san juan on Magic
2 - 2 adults 5 nights from miami on Magic
3 - 4 adults 3 nights from PC on Wish

total cruise fare for all 3: about 13k
Plus need to add in airfare, hotel stays, grauities, on board and port adventure spending, gas, port parking, etc estimating about 5k max (all hotel stays are free due to points from my work travel and airfare was one way free due to airline points)

All in 18k - for 16 nights on the ship - we love sailing so this for us is where we spend our cash and we save in many other places.

3 cruises planned this summer
1 - 4 adults 8 nights from san juan on Magic
2 - 2 adults 5 nights from miami on Magic
3 - 4 adults 3 nights from PC on Wish

total cruise fare for all 3: about 13k
Plus need to add in airfare, hotel stays, grauities, on board and port adventure spending, gas, port parking, etc estimating about 5k max (all hotel stays are free due to points from my work travel and airfare was one way free due to airline points)

All in 18k - for 16 nights on the ship - we love sailing so this for us is where we spend our cash and we save in many other places.
Yeah we don’t do any other trips. No spring breaks, no trips over Christmas. Literally go all out in the summer. Never been on a cruise. Sounds fabulous that many days!

Yeah we don’t do any other trips. No spring breaks, no trips over Christmas. Literally go all out in the summer. Never been on a cruise. Sounds fabulous that many days!
Yeah - thanks. These are 3 cruises one in May, one in June and one in August. Our kids are in college so we try to work around fall/spring/summer semesters as they are still interested in vacationing with us for the most part. Eventually, we will do other times of the years when it is actually cheaper on a cruise.

What we love about the cruise in a few points is as follows:
1. All cooking/cleaning is done for you. You just decide what you want to eat from the variety of options but no real planning required on a DCL cruise.
2. Lots of entertainment is built in - again you choose what you want to do - Disney entertainment, sit at the pool, read a book, play games, all up to you - again no stress and easy to change your mind at the last minute.
3. We never buy an internet package and put our phone in airplane mode - so truly we disconnect from the world and just have each other. No emails to read no nothing. It is truly relaxing on the mind.
4. We get to see places that we may never otherwise visit on our own.

Try it out sometime - if it is in your budget I would say a 4 night is the sweet spot to determine if you like it or not. Not to long that if you don't like it you are stuck for a week, but longer than a 3 night which feels like you get on and off right away.

TBH it hurts my feelings a little to post this...
We are going in July for 9 ( 2 travel days, 3 days @universal & 4 days at WDW); Family of 4: 2 parents and 2 "disney adult" children (DS16, DS12)
$420 - Gas (3 tanks of gas each way @ $60/tank plus one extra just in case?)
$1845.46 - Drury Inn 2 Queen Deluxe with Sleeper Sofa; breakfast included
$120 - $15/day parking @ resort
$120 - Priority Parking @ Universal
$2259.08 - WDW 4 day PH (via Sam's Club)
$1597.46 - Universal 3 day plus 2 free P2P
$1400 - FOOD (may be an overestimation, first time traveling without a meal plan)
$400 - 2 snacks/day per person
$450 - 1 "adult" QS lunch/day per person
$200 - 1 sit down meal
$350 - 1 "adult" QS supper per person for 6 days
$169 - memory maker
SUBTOTAL: $7811
LESS DISNEY VISA REWARDS: - $550
$7261

Right now DW and I have two trips planned for 2024. One to Universal Hollywood/Disneyland and a Disney Cruise which hasn't been booked as of yet. It will be the two of us and our kids (10 and 6) for Universal/Disneyland and my in laws will join us for the Disney Cruise.

Universal Hollywood
$45 - Flights (We'll be using SW points so we just have to pay the taxes)
$0 - Hotel (Already booked the Hilton next to the park with points)
$1,400 - 1 day VIP tour
$500 - Snacks and souvenirs at the park and dinner the night of and before (The tour comes with a really nice buffet for lunch)
$100 - Car from Universal Hollywood to Grand Californian
$2,045 - Total

Disneyland
$2,200 - 4 day tickets with Genie+ and park hopper
$1,330 - 4 nights at Grand Californian in a 1 bedroom (This is so cheap because we have a family friend that rents us DVC points for $10/point)
$3,000 - Food and souvenirs (Food estimated at $150 per person per day and another $600 for souvenirs)
$6,530 - Total

Disney Cruise
$45 - Flights (Will be booked with SW points. DW and I will be both applying for two SW cards to get enough points for the flights and a companion pass)
$7,400 - For 2 staterooms (This hasn't been booked yet so this is an estimate. Also my in laws will be in one of the staterooms with our 6 year old and they are paying for that room. So DW and I will pay for only one room.)
$500 - Hotel the night before the cruise and/or travel to the ship from MCO (We might fly in the day of depending on flights and the time we can board. If so this will be reduced and used just for travel from MCO)
$500 - Drinks and a premium dinner
$8,445 - Total

Total that we will pay and what we have saved.
($2,045) - Needed for Universal
$600 - In our travel account as of now
$1,900 - Will go into our travel account in May
$455 - Extra in our savings account after May

($14,975) - Needed for Disneyland and Disney Cruise
$3,700 - Amount for one stateroom that will be paid by my in laws
$8,500 - Total of DGC that we have as of now
$2,775 - Amount needed (This will be covered by an extra check for me in June and August)

Middle of July trip
2 adults 3 kids (4,5,12)

2500 resort - 6 nights boardwalk inn garden view for 375/night w/disney visa rate
1900 tickets - 4 day FL res park hopper
1500 food
500 genie+/LL

$6400 total

Middle of July trip
2 adults 3 kids (4,5,12)

2500 resort - 6 nights boardwalk inn garden view for 375/night w/disney visa rate
1900 tickets - 4 day FL res park hopper
1500 food
500 genie+/LL

$6400 total
curious if food budget is only for the 4 ticketed days or entire trip. only asking because I really had a hard time coming up with my food budget and worry it wont be enough. we have never paid oop for our food before at WDW and have never travelled to WDW with two teenaged boys (i mean they really should be called "manchild"ren...they eat more than DH and I combined :earseek:)

curious if food budget is only for the 4 ticketed days or entire trip. only asking because I really had a hard time coming up with my food budget and worry it wont be enough. we have never paid oop for our food before at WDW and have never travelled to WDW with two teenaged boys (i mean they really should be called "manchild"ren...they eat more than DH and I combined :earseek:)
lol about the manchildren. Same with our 12 year old.

Food budget is for entire trip. We've really buttoned down our food budget the last few trips. We used to do lots of table service and character meals, not so much anymore. The food prices have gone up the most out of everything at Disney. Now we mostly do quick service, mobile ordering makes it really easy now. And there are several good quick service options with lots of indoor seating (regal eagle smokehouse is A++, must do every trip now for us)

Cliff notes of how we eat at Disney now -

breakfasts at the resort quick service
lunches at the parks, mostly quick service now but at one of the big ones with indoor seating (exception to this is plaza lunch at magic kingdom, good food and prices, indoor seating w/ac)
dinners usually walking around and snacking from food carts at parks or resorts

and maybe 1 character meal and 1 table service meal

so $150ish/day for normal days, and add $200 for each character meal/table service meal

lol about the manchildren. Same with our 12 year old.

Food budget is for entire trip. We've really buttoned down our food budget the last few trips. We used to do lots of table service and character meals, not so much anymore. The food prices have gone up the most out of everything at Disney. Now we mostly do quick service, mobile ordering makes it really easy now. And there are several good quick service options with lots of indoor seating (regal eagle smokehouse is A++, must do every trip now for us)

Cliff notes of how we eat at Disney now -

breakfasts at the resort quick service
lunches at the parks, mostly quick service now but at one of the big ones with indoor seating (exception to this is plaza lunch at magic kingdom, good food and prices, indoor seating w/ac)
dinners usually walking around and snacking from food carts at parks or resorts

and maybe 1 character meal and 1 table service meal

so $150ish/day for normal days, and add $200 for each character meal/table service meal
thanks for sharing these details - super helpful and exactly the same as us. we always did one TS and/or character meal each day, sometimes two...but we are trimming costs for a number of reasons this trip. Anyhow, my daily budget is similar to yours so that seems to be on target. We are thinking we will do one table service. I budgeted $120 for that sit down but sounds as if will be too little...depends on what we can score when our booking window opens up since we are off site... Luckily DS12 is wanting to eat at SciFi (his favorite) and DH wants Ohana and I think we can probably get one or the other but we will have to see how it shakes out 8-)

We are going in July with 2 adults and 2 teens (DDs 14 and 15):

$250 Gas to and from and around Disney
$1845 7 nights Drury Plaza Hotel in 2 room 2 queen suite
($2185) 4 day tickets, but these were purchased years ago and transferred so no out of pocket cost this summer
$630 Lunches - breakfast and dinners included at Drury
$630 2 TS breakfast, 1 TS dinner, if I can get my desired reservations!
$105 Hotel parking
$200 Preferred parking at parks
$230 Scooter rental
$450 Lightsaber experience at HS + budget for other souvenirs

Total cost of trip = $6525
Total out of pocket cost this summer = $4340

@mommajo143 We're going to be at the Drury the same time as you! 🙂

Yeah also be careful with all the new prix fixe menus now, most of the sit down restaurants in the parks are going this route. Anywhere with a prix fixe menu is now automatically over $200 for the 5 of us.

Going the end of June-beginning of July 1 adult 1 child

Already Paid

7 nights Riviera $1500
4 day hopper tix $1317 (I have since upgraded my ticket to an AP)
Flights $970 (Price drops have gotten us $95 each in credit)
Mears $27

Subtotal $3814

Estimated budget while we are there

1 table service meal a day $980
1 QS meal per person a day $210
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique $150
Genie+ $300
Instacart $100
Uber $200
Extras $200

Subtotal $2140

Total $5954

I have $173 left on a QS gift card from when I stayed at the Dolphin last year, $17 on a Disney visa redemption card and as of right now $881 in regular gift cards that I have been earning from survey sites or if I grab one when I go grocery shopping. My goal is to have $1500 in gift cards by the time I go. I should be able to cut down the TS bill by about 10% with an AP discount.

It is so much money but I am so excited for this trip!

We took a DCL cruise earlier this year, which was partially paid for by my job as a thank you 😁,
so we were able to spread our yearly vacation budget into another trip. So I'm surprising my mother with a trip to Disney in November!

January 27th - Feb 5th (2 Adults)
1 Night at AKL std room
1 Night Gran Destino King room
7 Night Western Caribbean Pixar day at Sea Cruise on Disney Fantasy Deluxe Family w/Verandah
Flights (from Philly to MCO)
2 1 day Epcot Tix (to visit FARTS🎨 & see Harmonious for the last time)
Magical Express (RT to Port Canaveral)
Mears Connect to MCO
Uber from MCO
Travel Insurance
Prepaid gratuities
LL for Guardians
Dinner at La Hacienda
Total: $2,570.48
Total Spent once onboard [couples choice massage/excursions/drinks/add'l gratuities/Palo (x2)] -1,537.58
Total: $4,108.06

May 13th-21st (2 Adults)

1 Night at CSR std room - $168.76
7 Nights at OKW 1 Bedroom - $1,765.00 (amazing last minute DVC Rental)
2 Water Park Tix - $115.88
2 HS After Hours Tix - $317.38
2 1 day Epcot Tix - $168.00
Gas (driving RT from NJ to FL) : $210
Groceries: $153.44
Food & Drink Budget: $937.85
Souvenirs: $108
Total: $3,944.31

November 25th - December 2nd (2 Adults)

7 Nights at POFQ $1,317.38
Current Total: $1,317.38
Estimates:
Flights (PA to NJ) - $500
Mears Connect (roundtrip) - $70
Uber/Lyft (misc trips within WDW) - $60
2 4 day Base Tix - $1,060
2 MVMCP Tix - $360
Food & Drink Budget - $1,400
Estimated Total: $4,767.38

Last edited:
Yeah also be careful with all the new prix fixe menus now, most of the sit down restaurants in the parks are going this route. Anywhere with a prix fixe menu is now automatically over $200 for the 5 of us.
we just realized we will be at WDW for F&W so we will likely skip the sit down i budgeted for and just eat extra snacks 8-)

Just returned from our first trip of the year. Weather was perfect and crowds seemed low. We did everything we wanted on 2-day park hoppers.

7 nights/2-day park hopper
First 5 nights (3 adults)
Second 2 nights (2 adults)

Upfront costs:
Flights for 2 adults $275.92 (Frontier - personal item only)
Rental Car for 8 days $326.81
5-nights at Polynesian $1,233.44 (DVC - price per point per year + annual dues)
2-nights at Saratoga Springs $546 OTUP
3 Park Tickets 2-day park Hopper $850.50 (conference tickets)
3 Magicbands $71
Memory maker $169
Total: $3,472.67

For 3 people:
Breakfast Box $82
Target grocery order $39
Fresh Kitchen $26
Freshfield Farm fruit $26
Polite Pig $75
Gideon's $25
Boardwalk Deli $36
Bike rental $21
Coffee $10
Mickey Tie Dye $72
Toledo $300
Genie+ $70
ILL Avatar $45
ILL Guardians $47
Coffee $15
Yak & Yeti QS $65
Drinks $31
La Hacienda de San Angel $168
Grand Floridian Cafe $115
Fresh Kitchen $45
Dole Whip $12
Genie+ $70
ILL Rise $70
ILL Tron $64
Coffee $20
Rodeo Roundup $170
Ogas $75
Cosmic Ray's $56
Waffle $9
Ice cream $12
Fresh Kitchen $50

For 2 people:
Freshfield Farm fruit $7
Water $7
Tacos $14
Chicken Guy $16
Souvenir (insulated bag) $49
In Room Massage $310
The Boathouse $112
Mickey Beignets $9
Carry on bag on Frontier $64
Frontera $75
Coffee $9
Bike rental $19
Fresh Kitchen $26
Malasada $4

Total: $2,642

Grand Total $6,114.67

Breakdown of:
Food total $1,741
Genie $366
Other $535

For 3 people for 6 days and 2 people for 2 days, the average for food comes out to be about $80/person/day.

If you are renting a car, I highly recommend Fresh Kitchen for a cheap healthy meal (make your own rice/salad bowl), and Freshfield Farm for cheap delicious fruit. We also picked up bottle water and yogurt for breakfast (to go with the pastries in our breakfast box).

Last edited:
We haven’t been in six years and just decided to go back in September 😁

$970 6 nights at Music
$840 2 adult 4 park tickets
$125 gas - we were going to fly but my love of my coffee pot, pillow, snacks, premade food etc, beat out the hassle of driving. We will load the minivan down and roadtrip it. Plus I’ll get to bring my ballon home.
$350 food? probably much less. We have travelled a lot this year and this isn’t our big trip. I’ll pack coolers from home with stuff and pack lunches for the parks.
$100 souvenirs - I like the Disney outlet. I don’t have a limit here but it’s usually $100.

My 16 year old doesn’t like Disney and is staying with her Nana. I also have $310 in Disney reward points to use that are ancient.

So $2075-ish

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter