How much is your 2024 vacation going to cost you?

Jessiemendez1

Mouseketeer
Haven’t decided where we’re going yet. Waiting for the 7 month mark so I can book a non home resort. Want to stay HHI, but their availability seems lower than normal. Might do Vero Beach instead. Or just break down and do Disney again… Just a few park days though. Saving air miles so we will be driving! Once I get the location pinned down, I’ll post an estimated cost. Crazy how different it can be between Disney and the beach resorts!

I am shooting to rent some DVC points and do 7 nights, 6 days, and 3/4 park days at DIS for around $6400 for a family of four!

for now, I may plan a non park week with some family,using hotel points at a Disney Springs hotel,and just hang out...using points for airfare (cost $11.60) we shall see what we decide to plan but for now that's the basic cost.... and we will eat out all over property while there.

Travelers are 4 adults and a 7 year old, Jan 6-13, 2024. offsite.
Four bedroom/four bath pool home $1600;
Airfare PWM/MCO is on SW points, so $56 for tax on airfare
Full-size SUV at Budget is $407
Not sure about park tickets. We'll either do 4 day base tickets ($2810) or 3 day park hoppers ($2565) but if we do the 3 day tickets we'll also go to Sea World so that will add another $500. However, we have $1100 "on hold" at Disney from a trip that was canceled due to covid, so that will help. Based on the cost, I'm thinking we'll go 4 day base so that would cost $1600, roughly.
No clue yet about food costs, but all breakfasts and most dinners will be at the house. We'll eat lunch in the parks, but DH and I usually share a meal, so maybe $100 per park day for lunch?

That puts us at about $3800 PLUS groceries, airport parking, gas, tolls, souvenirs. Maybe $6000? I don't think that's too bad for 5 people for a week-long vacation.

We have a couple of trips planned, hoping to stay under $20k total, but airfare has been so expensive domestically and internationally.

We already booked some rented points in September 2024 for $2600. Tickets for 2 adults and 1 child should be around $2000. Flights will be with points. Should have about $1000 in gift cards bought with various cash back promotions throughout the last 2 years. that should cover food. All in maybe $6kish for 6 nights.

For April 15th-21st, one person for now, all in USD
Flights from/to Canada w/ luggage: 350$
Springtime Surprise Challenge bibs: 485$
AS Sports: 6 nights w/ tips: 1230$
7 days PH+ tickets w Memory Maker: 690$
Food budget (grocery, QS, snacks, one TS): 500$
Transportation to/from airports: 200$
Souvenirs: 100$

Total around 3500$
The resort is at rack rate and I hope for a deal. If DH joins me, it would add about 1500$ to the total (flights, food, tickets and souvenirs) as transportation, luggage and resort would be shared.

We are planning to do a full WDW vacation w/ extended family in May 2024 but we haven't booked anything so the budget for that is TBD.

We are doing a Disney Cruise in Sept 2024 and a staycation a few days before and after.

7 night cruise Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy (verandah room) - $3,883.08
1 night Yacht Club (post cruise) - $430.32
3 nights Boulder Ridge Villas (pre cruise) -$0.00 DVC points
RT DCL Transfers - $156
Prepaid Gratuities - $203
Flights - $300 (est)
Uber to/from MCO - $70 (est)
Travel Insurance - $85 (est)
Passports - $330

Est. Total $5,457.40

This is way more expensive than I thought it would be.
Our last cruise was partially comped, so we paid basically nothing lol. Luckily we plan to use my annual bonus so that will cover most of it.

Last edited:
We have a DL trip planned in January 2024.......haven't tallied up the costs since I am looking forward to the priceless memories I will have with my two (24 and 21) daughters. One is dealing with an ongoing severe case of endometriosis and the other with a recently diagnosed brain tumor (can still travel but will have to wait and see)

So yah, not really getting bent out of shape over the park ticket increases, off site hotel increases and such.

1697427565464.jpeg

Right now we have June 11-18 booked with a bounceback offer at the Grand Floridian.
Price - $4114

2 adult and 1 child 9 day park tickets - $2165 (Undercover tourist special)

Other dd has FL resident Annual Pass.

We are waiting 2 add two days at the beginning of the trip - hopefully at CBR when AP rates come out.

Figuring food at $300 a day - so right now (minus the extra two days) we are at around $8400

Yikes!

I am really excited for my 2024 trips!

10 nights in a Beach Club 2-bedroom for my birthday! I am using 3 years of my DVC points for this stay. It will be me, my husband, our 2 friends (married couple) and their 2 kids. In total, 4 adults and 2 kids.

Cost = $6275 ([price per point per year + annual dues] x # of points used)

Flights for 2 = $740

Rental car for 2 weeks (will be driving to Key West after Disney) = $585

Park Tickets for 2 = $1300 (estimate)

Wild Africa Trek for 2 = $360 (with 10% DVC discount?)

Memory Maker = $189

Groceries = $200

Food for 2 = $1600

Genie+ for 2 = $300

Total not including Key West = $11,549?? (I will be stocking up on discounted gift cards to save at least 10% on food and Genie+)

Also going on a Disney Alaska Cruise! We are doing the point swap through David's to pay for the cruise.

Cruise (verandah room) = $6,562 ([price per point per year + annual dues] x # of points used)

Flights = $965

3 nights hotel pre-cruise = $0 (hotel points)

Food/Activities pre-cruise = $500?

Excursions = $1200? (estimating $200/ person/3 ports)

Tips = $350?

Total = $9,477?? (This is our first cruise so I'm sure I'm missing a lot)

2024 is a big year for us so we are definitely splurging!

7 nights BWV- rented points: $3800
5 day standard tickets via undercover tourist: $2800
airfare: $2800 (yay spring break!! :sick:)
food/souvenirs: ~$2000 -- doing savii's x 3 ; may need more if we do character dining
genie + at roughly 35$/day x 4 people = $700
Transporation MCO to/from boardwalk: ~200$

~13,000 $ for family of 4, 7 nights during spring break 2024

I’d say around $10,000. Four people, 7 night split stay yacht/sports, 6 day hoppers. One flight, three others driving. Will do a few table service dinners but mostly quick service. Genie+ 2 or maybe 3 days.

2024 Disneyland Trip

4 four day tickets with park hopper and Genie+ - $1,756
4 nights 1 bedroom Grand Californian - $1,330 (We rented DVC points from a friend for $10/point)
Food and souvenirs - $1,600 (estimated $100 per day per person)
Total - $4,686

I have my sights set on a trip to the UK with a 4 night Celebrity cruise in and out of Southampton, cruise for 3 of us would be approx $5000, airfare another $3000, a few nights in hotel another $1000 so $9000 not including food, transfers, excursions, misc. but it's a bit of a dream at this point. Would love to make that happen.

But if not, with our DVC timeshare, we should manage at least a trip later next year, maybe 4 nights, air would be probably $700, room is covered (DVC timeshare, although we do pay dues of course), if we get enough points on Disney Visa, we have a couple of park days covered, rental car probably $300, other expenses and food probably $1000 so total of $2000. I do love DVC. Branching out seems like sticker shock. LOL...

We have a May 2024 Alaska Cruise on the Disney Wonder from Vancouver .

Cruise fare for stateroom is over $10,500. Haven’t figured out the rest of the plan yet but considering Seattle pre cruise for a few days and Vancouver post cruise for a few days.

Probably can use points for hotel rooms but will need airfare and other costs.

Hoping to keep this at about $15k for four of us.

In terms of Disney - nothing for me - I gifted my points to my daughter and her friends. They are staying in OKW for 6 nights during Spring Break.

For the Family we are doing a Royal Caribbean Cruise out of Miami
5 nights for the family of 6 adults is 4,600.
Drink package for my 21 and 22 year old $850 - the other 2 have to pay for this expense on their own as they have full time jobs.
Non alcoholic drink package for me $120 - my husband is up in the air on which he wants
Flights to Miami - 2500 - complete estimate on my part.
Hotel the night before and 2 nights after - 600 - again estimate
Food for the 3 nights - 600 or so
Baseball tix for the Marlins - 200 or so

Some of the numbers may change as some of the kids might have to fly home at different times but we are looking forward to the trip. We take a bigger trip every 2 years.

In terms of Disney - nothing for me - I gifted my points to my daughter and her friends. They are staying in OKW for 6 nights during Spring Break.

For the Family we are doing a Royal Caribbean Cruise out of Miami
5 nights for the family of 6 adults is 4,600.
Drink package for my 21 and 22 year old $850 - the other 2 have to pay for this expense on their own as they have full time jobs.
Non alcoholic drink package for me $120 - my husband is up in the air on which he wants
Flights to Miami - 2500 - complete estimate on my part.
Hotel the night before and 2 nights after - 600 - again estimate
Food for the 3 nights - 600 or so
Baseball tix for the Marlins - 200 or so

Some of the numbers may change as some of the kids might have to fly home at different times but we are looking forward to the trip. We take a bigger trip every 2 years.
We’re also not doing Disney this year. We’re doing a Royal Caribbean Alaska cruise, round trip from Vancouver. I haven’t added it all up yet so here goes ….

Balcony Cabin for DH and I -$4410

Inside Cabin for DS and partner- $500 (they paid the rest, this was our contribution)

Prepaid gratuities for 4 -$488

Flights for 4- (I have a $1200 credit, a free companion fare and free bags ). I’m estimating about- $1000

Pre Cruise airport hotel in Vancouver with breakfast - $315

Excursions and spending - this one is tough to estimate . I’ll be gifting excursions for all of us for Christmas and I think we plan to do 3 - roughly - $2000

So all in we’re looking at $8713 for four adults on a bucket list trip.

This is in Canadian so the USD equivalent is around $6200.

We’re also not doing Disney this year. We’re doing a Royal Caribbean Alaska cruise, round trip from Vancouver. I haven’t added it all up yet so here goes ….

Balcony Cabin for DH and I -$4410

Inside Cabin for DS and partner- $500 (they paid the rest, this was our contribution)

Tips for 4 -$488

Flights for 4- (I have a $1200 credit, a free companion fare and free bags ). I’m estimating about- $1000

Pre Cruise airport hotel in Vancouver with breakfast - $315

Excursions and spending - this one is tough to estimate . I’ll be gifting excursions for all of us for Christmas and I think we plan to do 3 - roughly - $1500

So all in we’re looking at $8213 for four adults on a bucket list trip.
I so want to do an Alaskan cruise but 3 of the children lobbied hard for Coco Cay again. We travel with another family who also is not into cold weather cruising so it might be a trip for just my DH and myself when I retire from teaching in 4 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter