How Much Money Does a Person Spend Daily in Parks?

INDIE

Earning My Ears
Trip is scheduled Christmas week 2019. We have 2 adult kids who will be paying for their own food/souvenirs/snacks while @ WDW. We do plan on carrying in snacks/water bottles and even packing a light lunch for everyone as many days as possible. On Average, How Much Money Can They Expect To Spend Daily? (economy type budget) They will be saving their money starting now, putting most money on the disney gift cards. :tink:Thanks

Are you planning on any table service restaurants in the parks? Will you have cooking facilities at your hotel/condo? Are they big eaters? Are they shoppers?

We will probably do more of the quick service places. We might try to get the dinner reservation at BOG or the lunch reservation one day. But that's the only expensive one we are planning. We will only have a microwave in our room. About medium eaters and they will be told not to go spend happy on souvenirs. They are in their early 20s still living at home.

For QS places I would mentally prepare for about $15-$20/per person per meal. Could be more or less depending on what they choose to order. QS meals can also be shared if they chose to go that route. You can also look up the menus on Allears and see some prices.

Snacks, obviously it depends on how many someone gets! Buying drinks is a huge money suck, so I think bringing water bottles is great, but you can also get free ice water at all QS places and many of the snack stands too. Snacks are pricey. I would say average of around $6-$8. Again, more or less depending. One option might be to buy a refillable popcorn bucket. They are around $10 to start and then you can have it refilled as many times as you like for $2 each time. There are some flavored varieties in Epcot in particular.

A table service meal or 2 would probably be nice for 4 adults! You can again look online at prices/menus to gauge where some good choices might be. Buffets/dinner shows/signature restaurants/all you can eat places are going to be your most expensive. There are other table service places where you could eat for $20 a person if you wanted. Some are similar in price to some of the counter service places!

Shopping again depends lol. If they want, say, one item like a t-shirt or sweatshirt, I would allot $30-$60. If they are the type to want to buy something every day, that would be a totally different story. All items are pricey!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies with the useful information. That will help us to make a daily budget!

You can do it for as low as $50/day pp for food. Breakfast around $10, 2 QS meals at $30 (or even less) and 2 snacks around $10. If on occasion someone is not very hungry you can get the kids meals for around $7. It is a decent amount of food and a drink is included. We like to do this for breakfast usually. Ice water is free and if you are staying onsite buy the mug for unlimited non-alcoholic drinks at any resort for the length of your stay. Some days might be a few $ less and others more. It balances out. This of course does not include alcoholic drinks. Have a great trip.

You can do it for as low as $50/day pp for food. Breakfast around $10, 2 QS meals at $30 (or even less) and 2 snacks around $10. If on occasion someone is not very hungry you can get the kids meals for around $7. It is a decent amount of food and a drink is included. We like to do this for breakfast usually. Ice water is free and if you are staying onsite buy the mug for unlimited non-alcoholic drinks at any resort for the length of your stay. Some days might be a few $ less and others more. It balances out. This of course does not include alcoholic drinks. Have a great trip.
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking to tell them around a 100 a day no more. I forgot about the refillable mug, that's a must. So any person can order off the kids menu? I like that idea, as I dont always eat a full meal.

Splitting meals is another idea. I find that I am not always that hungry that I want a full meal, so DD and I split. Have done the gift card for DD when she was younger and at the parks with friends. Gave her a certain amount and told her whatever is left she can spend on any souvenirs she wanted. She found that eating a heavier meal and supplementing snacks instead of wasting food she had more $$ to spend on herself.

Oh also, the refillable mug..... we are staying at a disney resort. Is the mug refillable in magic kingdom, AK, Epcot and Disney hollywood?

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking to tell them around a 100 a day no more. I forgot about the refillable mug, that's a must. So any person can order off the kids menu? I like that idea, as I dont always eat a full meal.

Yes, at all qs locations and I believe at most ts restaurants. However, not at all you can eat or buffets, for obvious reasons.
We ordered kid's meals at Be Our Guest for lunch and the servings were quite generous and they came with soda cups which allowed us to fill them up as often as we wished as they have the soda dispensers where you serve yourself, orange and apple juice included!

I think it depends on the person, we didnt spend much. We took sandwiches, and lunchables.
We bought french fries had ice water. My husband had a coke from the vending machine

Do they drink adult beverages?
I went 3 hours last night and had 2 alcoholic drinks and one lumpia. I spent $30. Alcoholic drinks range from like $12-$16 each (some a little more, some a little less) so keep that in mind when budgeting.
I always get free water, or a kids meal if I want soda
I tend to gravitate towards quick service places that have the serve yourself drink stations so we can get refills (AK- Satuli Canteen, DHS - Backlot Express, EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons or Electric Umbrella, MK - BoG)
Split snacks - things like Mickey Pretzels, turkey legs etc are huge, and unless you are eating them as a meal, share them.
Refillable popcorn bucket is a good idea
If you are driving, I would take an afternoon to go to the outlet mall and get souvenirs from the Character Warehouse. Official park products for up to 90% off

Do they drink adult beverages?
I went 3 hours last night and had 2 alcoholic drinks and one lumpia. I spent $30. Alcoholic drinks range from like $12-$16 each (some a little more, some a little less) so keep that in mind when budgeting.
I always get free water, or a kids meal if I want soda
I tend to gravitate towards quick service places that have the serve yourself drink stations so we can get refills (AK- Satuli Canteen, DHS - Backlot Express, EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons or Electric Umbrella, MK - BoG)
Split snacks - things like Mickey Pretzels, turkey legs etc are huge, and unless you are eating them as a meal, share them.
Refillable popcorn bucket is a good idea
If you are driving, I would take an afternoon to go to the outlet mall and get souvenirs from the Character Warehouse. Official park products for up to 90% off
None of us are adult drinkers, so no expenses there. Lots of great tips and ideas so far, thanks to everyone who replied!:thanks::disrocks:

all of our trips over the last 3 or 4 years have averaged out to about 150-175/day for our family of three (DH, myself and DS who was 13/14 at the time of those trips)...we eat counter service (maybe one TS per trip), we share snacks, drink mostly water and DH and I usually have an adult beverage most days Sometimes we share QS meals, sometimes DS and I eat kids meals. We buy very few souvenirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter