How Much Money Does a Person Spend Daily in Parks?

I guess it depends. Are you going to eat the park? The last time we stayed, we stayed off site and factored in the cost of parking to our daily. One day we ate lunch at Akershus (pricey), but then the next we bought nothing at all at HS. We found it easy to not spend in the parks.

I guess it depends. Are you going to eat the park? The last time we stayed, we stayed off site and factored in the cost of parking to our daily. One day we ate lunch at Akershus (pricey), but then the next we bought nothing at all at HS. We found it easy to not spend in the parks.
Yes we will be eating in the parks, we are staying at all stars music, and going during christmas break, we are not park hopping. Once we are in we are staying there all day.

Another vote for choosing kids' meals. We only go in warm weather, and we find that we don't want big meals ... so kids' meals are "just right". Bonus: kids' meals often include a small drink.

Another vote for splitting meals. Splitting a burger or a club sandwich is easy and plenty of food.

No way I'd bother with carrying heavy water bottles around the parks ... just ask for free ice water at any counter service place, and it's COLD.

Something that hasn't been brought up yet: You'll grow tired walking around the parks, and sitting down for an hour at a "real restaurant" is a great way to recharge yourselves ... we find that sitting in the air conditioning in a comfortable chair refreshes us more than sitting on a park bench with a snack. This isn't really a tip about food, but it's something that we find makes a difference in our late-day park enjoyment.

Yes we will be eating in the parks, we are staying at all stars music, and going during christmas break, we are not park hopping. Once we are in we are staying there all day.
Note that even without Park Hoppers, you can come /go from the parks ... you just have to return to that same park. With Christmas crowds, you might opt to go back to your room for lunch /naps, then return for the evening hours.

It's not so much the food at the QS that is pricey, it's $4 for a soft drink that adds up.

We stay DVC so this skews things, but we do about a $100 grocery order which includes all drinks and most breakfasts and maybe a few quick lunches, a couple of pizzas(either Disney or delivered from offsite), and then roll with $35-$40 per person per day. We do not do alcoholic beverages, eat QS 90% of the time(both Jiko and Via Naopli were not worth the $$, but we love Olivia's at OKW), and usually the only thing bought in a park is a coffee mug. We normally go home with money left on the Disney gift cards, and sometimes it is in the hundreds. This includes a 20 and 22 year old.

Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs is really cheap. I think there are a few other places like that. There are also some table seeserv meals that are pretty inexpensive, like comparable to some of the more experience quick service options. We love The Grand Floridian Cafe and Trails End gets great reviews although we haven't tried it. We usually spend about $50 per person on souvenirs over the entire trip.

Sharing meals is a good way for everyone to save some cash...now getting them to decided they want to share the same meal is totally another...

Appetizers for meals instead of entree's is another way that you can share and not cost a fortune...DH and I do this often, there are so many interesting items all over the parks and at Disney Springs and most of them are good portion size, or are like appetizers platters or towers are meant to be shared... So another good way to save some cash....

Bottled water is always a plus to refill... I do find they we sometimes need that coke for the sugar and caffeine to keep going...

DH and I share snacks... which is a huge saving...

Now we enjoy adult beverages so this something that we enjoy and plan for...

I know alot of folks get kids meals, my mom does this she is just not a big eater....

You can get just a sandwich... so you can order like a cheeseburger platter which comes with fries, and a extra cheese burger and they can share the fries and drink and the cost.... At Casey DH and I can easily share the Chili-cheese foot long hot dog and it comes with a pile of fries and a drink for 14.00 and we order and extra drink 4.00... 18.00 plus tax so around 20.00 dollars... we share the plate but you could easily ask for a plate, and divided it up... so 10.00 buck each for a full meal...

Breakfast buffets TS are the cheaper way to go, still a nice way to see the characters and fill up....

You could give them Disney gift cards, for Easter, or Birthdays, Christmas or anything other holiday or occasion that you might get them a little something... As well Starbucks in the parks, I am pretty sure you can use Starbucks gift cards park locations.... When we planned a family trip, we DD and DSIL and our sweet little DGS... I gave them gift cards for every holiday and occasion for about a year... which they really enjoyed knowing they had some extra cash for the trip...

We stay DVC so this skews things, but we do about a $100 grocery order
We're close enough to drive, so we always load up the trunk with sale-purchased sodas and bottled water ... and we keep them on ice in the room. Drinks alone really add up!
Appetizers for meals instead of entree's
I forgot this idea. My vegetarian daughter will opt for a cheese quesidilla just about every time ... and that's usually an appetizer.
You can get just a sandwich... so you can order like a cheeseburger platter which comes with fries, and a extra cheese burger and they can share the fries and drink and the cost
Yes, leaving off the fries is another idea I'd forgotten. Alternately, we like the idea of sharing a double-burger ... we don't need all the carbs in the bread anyway.

If this is your first time, you will waste money (we all did). They will get you, one way or another. It's the excitement, the exhaustion, and the rest.

If you're returning, with planning, you can do better than $100 a day pp. It also depends on # of days you're in the park. If > a week, with a kitchen, you'd be fine.

Bottom line is, what can you bring there food-wise. Check in luggage vs driving. # of people. Where you stay. It's possible to do <100 a day pp if you plan it well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter