How much money ?

Pegg

Mouseketeer
I have already planning on giving DD 9 year old a envelope with $20 DD per day so that is her spending money (not meals or snacks).
What is the least I need to feed the two of us. Hopefully we will do a couple character meals, definitly more counter service.
we will be there 8 full days
I have figured a couple other things like mugs, minature golf, and the hayride separately
So what do you think we need for food, snacks and spending money?

Ok we won't eat the money

Pegg,
You shouldn't eat money!!!:p

(I couldn't help myself- hehe)

$20 is more than generous in my opinion. My DD9 during our last trip received $5 per day of our visit $50 total plus an added bonus of $25 for babysitting twice while we were there. For a grand total of $7.50 per day. Even when we are usually only there for 7 days instead of 10 my kids only get $5 per day.

I'm not sure how long you intend to be there unless it is just for 2 days $20 is alot to spend on stuff .

I agree...

About $10.00/day is enough for my 8 and 11 yr olds. they always go for the knick knacks anyway. This year I'll spend 3 days with my little one while my oldest one goes to Space Camp. Dreams Unlimited gives us $50.00 in Disney Money for booking through them, so that is what I'll give my 8 yr old. It is more than plenty for 3 days!

We eat a hearty breakfast and then really aren't hungry until late in the afternoon. the kids are so excited about the rides they just want to grab popsickles and Powerades here and there. After about 2:00 PM, I start "starving them" and giving them just fluids so they can be hungry for dinner.

As for character meals, depends on what you are looking for. I was going to do a few the first time, then realized the characters are always the same! So check first, if you are looking for some variety or you'll end up with pictures of Chip, Dale, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto in front of different meals.
For the price you normally pay, seeing the same characters make it an expensive and boring affair to go to several character meals.

Wanda

We have always gave our daughter 50 for the whole trip. She will look around during the week, and once in a while buy things, but normally she waits until the last day to purchase her items..

As far as food goes. Figure 5 at least for a kids meal at any fast food place with in disney, and then 9- 14 per character meal for your child.

There are some fast food places that gives a lot of food. My daughter and I have shared hamburgers and chicken fingers.

as for an adult. figure 7 to 10 per meal at fast food. and 15-22 for character meal.

We gave our 7 yo dd $50 for the whole trip. She bought 3 x $11.00 Disney character stuffies and a few other cute things. That was enough for us.

As far as food goes. If you are looking to save $$$ on food and you want character meals, try doing character breakfasts instead of lunches or dinners. They seem to run about $5.00 less per person, so that's a $10.00 savings for you and your dd.

Some of the counter service we ate at was pretty good. At MK we liked Pinocchino ($18.00 for 3 meals) and Columbia Harbor House ($18.00 for 3 meals).

We stated at CBR and the restaurants there were good. I ate the kids pasta one night because I wasn't hungry and IT WAS HUGE!

Goodings at Crossroads is a good close place to shop for fruit and veggies. I heard it was really expensive, but I didn't find it too bad. I had ask a housekeeper at CBR how to get to Publix, she gave me directions but she that it's expensive too since it's close to WDW.

GOOD LUCK!

I always budget $30 a day for food for our trips, it's just my son, 8, and me, and sometimes we go over, most of the times under.

I don't do the souvenir thing, maybe one or two a trip now since we go so often. I've always instilled in my son that the trip is a blessing in itself so he rarely asks for more. We once went with friends whose kids asked for something after EVERY ride! :rolleyes: My son was disgusted with them and I felt sorry for the Mom...

Kids meals help alot, even at the hotels because they usually include a drink and dessert. We have a small breakfast, no lunch, too excited and a comfortable dinner. We try to do Chef Mickeys once a trip also because it's my son's fave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter