How much of a pain is a split stay?

From the perspective of someone who would much rather stay put - it is not a pain at all :)

Disney makes it easy imho and we never rent a car. We often split our stay as the size of our party changes so we upsize/downsize depending on who arrives when. We have also had occasion when some like a more deluxe and others prefer moderate or value so we go with the flow.

We use bell services to move the bags and then hit the parks or waterpark for the day, as was mentioned don't expect bags until at least check in time. Head back to the new resort after 5ish, check in, grab bags or have them delivered unpack a bit an head back out.

One thing to point out, if you are booking a package, consider booking that at the start of the trip and then move to the room only if applicable to avoid issues with tickets and such. We have AP's and only book room only so it isn't an issue but early tickets and FP+ can be tricky with a package.

I’d never do it with my husband. He would think I was insane. My cousin invited my daughter and I to join her while she went for a conference last year. We spent the first night at CSR so we could use DME. We had three nights at the Hilton near Disney Springs. We spent our last night at AKL so w could use DME. Maybe DME was just our excuse to add on two nights, but adding a night saved us from paying for transportation from and to the airport.

We enjoyed seeing the different resorts and moving was a breeze, even with hauling our luggage on Disney buses since we had to move offsite.

I am glad we saved AKL for last. It was our favorite!

You will lose about 2 hours the morning you switch. 30 minutes to pack up the car, 60 to check out, drive over and check in, then 30 minutes to unpack. I would combine it with a lighter resort hopping/Disney Springs day, or maybe have a sit down breakfast, move your stuff, then hit the parks late.

I'm not usually an unpacker for short trips. Grab a laundry bag and throw the dirty clothes in there, then leave them in the car during your second stay (less unpacking).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter