• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much time to allow for Mama Melrose lunch?

Trimmie

Earning My Ears
Hello. We have a 2:15 Fantasmic lunch package on Wednesday 4/5. Trying to move my Star Tours FP for after lunch since it's so close to the restaurant but looks like they only have 3:30 slot available that would work with our other FP times. With a 3:30 - 4:30 window and it being so close, do you think that would work or is it cutting it too tight? Not sure how busy things will be since I've not been to WDW during spring break season and if we have any type of wait for the reservation time plus meal time. Thank you for any advice you can give. :thanks:

So your reservation is at 2:15 and you have until 4:30 to make it to Star Tours? If I'm understanding that correctly, you have nothing to worry about. You will make it easily.

Thank you jdisnut for your reply. You understood me correctly. I went ahead and changed the time to 3:30. I originally had my schedule with lunch at MMRR, RnRc FP, Star Tours FP then TOT FP. When I looked at the map, I realized how much back and forth that would be and trying to save the feet for after Fantasmic when we hop to MK for late night EMH. :) :thanks: again for your advice. :daisy:

Small caution:
I don't have any real tummy issues with rides, but..
After a MM fantasmic pkg, if any in your party are prone to queasiness...be cautious of Star Tours.
Star Tours is an absolute blast. I loved it. I also loved the MM F! package. I could barely even look at the dessert when they brought it out, and I am a total pig. I actually ordered the steak, assuming it would be a smaller portion. They STUFF YOU full. Just a word of caution if you have ppl that are full to the gills, and Star Tours is next. Star Tours totally rocks, but it's a wild ride. It's a simulator, but the chairs move.

Ugh, I forgot about that. It'll be two years this summer since we were last at WDW and my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be, lol. Maybe I'll try and see if i can switch our ressie so we can do the ride first. I've been on Star Tours but don't remember how intense it was. I went on Mission Space Orange side and did fine but that was BEFORE we ate at the Garden Grill that year. Thank you for the heads up on that, chris. :wave2:

Hello. We have a 2:15 Fantasmic lunch package on Wednesday 4/5. Trying to move my Star Tours FP for after lunch since it's so close to the restaurant but looks like they only have 3:30 slot available that would work with our other FP times. With a 3:30 - 4:30 window and it being so close, do you think that would work or is it cutting it too tight? Not sure how busy things will be since I've not been to WDW during spring break season and if we have any type of wait for the reservation time plus meal time. Thank you for any advice you can give. :thanks:

I can't imagine you'd be there more than 2 hours...unless something went wrong and they seated you really late (if that ever happens, explain that you have a fastpass and they will usually give you a fastpass for any time to make up for the one you weren't able to use due to them being behind.

That's good to know that if they're really running late and it affects your fastpass that they'll make it up to you. Thank you brockash. :flower:

BTW, I was a little worried about the motion sickness possibility after a big meal so I was able to switch things around so we're doing Star Tours first then Mama Melrose. Our next FP+ window isn't until 4:55 (RnRc) then TOT after that, so our stomachs should be good to go after our big meal.

Just curious, what's the earliest and latest windows for FP+? Is it 5 minutes before your start time and 10 minutes after your close time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter