How much time to plan for food booths at F&G ?

Luckybee

DIS Veteran
Dh and I were at the F&W a few years ago and enjoyed the food booths at that time but we happened to pick a day when it was torrential downpours and half our food was floating in the dishes as were we(floating that is...not in the dishes ;) ) so we cant go by this experience for timing(since we were 2 of only a few silly enough to walk around at that time...lol).

We have planned at Epcot closing the evening with a FP for Frozen at 8pm then to Germany for reserved viewing at 8:30 for Illuminations. We have a fp for TT and a couple for Soarin and Im trying to juggle these to allow for enough time in between the earlier rides and Frozen at 8 for the food booths for dinner (and we'll be trying to sample quite a few sharing dishes as we go). I expect it will be busy(really really busy) since we going the Wed after Easter.

So if you didn't want to feel rushed how much time would you allow. Is 2 hours enough considering lines etc .?

Last edited:
Two hours wouldn’t be nearly enough for me. Two days would be far more reasonable.

There are 15 booths this year at F&G. That’s about half (I think) as many as there were at the F&W, but if you’re planning to do attractions, enjoy some entertainment and sample at the booths, you should plan on at least one full day.

Off topic, but how do you have FP for both TT and Frozen ride? I didn't think you could get both?

Two hours wouldn’t be nearly enough for me. Two days would be far more reasonable.

There are 15 booths this year at F&G. That’s about half (I think) as many as there were at the F&W, but if you’re planning to do attractions, enjoy some entertainment and sample at the booths, you should plan on at least one full day.

I meant 2 hours for just going around the food booths aka outdoor kitchens, and sampling the food. We're definitely planning longer at the park overall. Im just trying to allow for time in between fp's and the food booths. We wont be doing many of the country pavilions I expect(been there etc.) so its just how long we would expect to be waiting in various food lines im really interested in getting a handle on.

We find the lines and more importantly general WS traffic to be much worse at ‘dinner’ than ‘lunch’. If you are planning to stroll at dinner - 2 hours would be enough if you have pre-scouted online to see the choices, knew where you wanted to go, and planned the route so that you would end up at FEA! It will be the busiest time of the night but if we were in your shoes - that’s what we would do!

Some of the food booth lines were 15 minutes long or longer - and that wasn't during holiday week. I doubt you could do it in 2 hours if you're planning on visiting a lot of booths. If you're only planning 4 or 5 booths, you can probably do it.

We have APs or PHs always and during F&G and F&W go to Epcot at least once every day during a 5 day trip. As far as how long it would take, it would depend on how much you want to sample.

what is the extra club?
If you are staying club level in a Disney hotel there is a pilot project where one is able to purchase 3 extra fp's per day for $50.00 per person , minimum 3 days, without tiering. There are a few threads on the boards about this .

If you are staying club level in a Disney hotel there is a pilot project where one is able to purchase 3 extra fp's per day for $50.00 per person , minimum 3 days, without tiering. There are a few threads on the boards about this .

thank you for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter