How much was your energy bill last month?

$122 for gas/electric in WI. Heat ran about 8 days that month. AC ran I think 2. 2300sq ft 100 year old house.

$122.18. I think that's before they jacked up the electricity rates, though, so I expect it to be higher on the next bill.
I just paid over $400 for 72 gallons of heating oil, too.

In MA, about 2100 sq. ft.

$115 only because I didn't need to use my AC or heat. During the summer is the over $300. Winter is over $250. This is for gas/electric.
Water is $24, sewer is $54, trash $28.
Ha, Pennsylvania here. I shut the furnace down in the morning and kick the AC on in the afternoon, shut it off when the sun goes down and kick the furnace on a few hours after sunset.

$187 was my last bill. It should have slid down below $100 by now as the AC doesn't run every day. Not sure what I'll do next summer if $187 is going to be my Fall bill now.

Electric: $267 (we had a heat wave)
Water: $70
Gas: $23

Family of 4, 1900sq ft home in Orange County. CA.

We are on the "Budget" plan where we pay the same every month - ours is $208/month. Our house is all electric.

$334.75 for hydro (that's for two months so that would have covered the period from mid August to mid October). Gas bill was $13 (the only thing that runs on gas in our house is the fireplace). Water is billed every quarter.

Mine seems higher than most. 1400 sq foot house. $83 for Electric, $71 for Gas, and $70 for water, sewage, trash, recycling. For October.

Washington state. $182.20 for electric. It’s been a cold fall. I heat to 65 F only to keep bills low. Trash and recycling is $70. Water is billed every other month and is usually $80. We don’t have gas. Our home is 2800 sq feet. We moved here a year ago. We used to be on the east side of the state and bills are actually much lower here. We had the same size home there but gas heat and easily hit $400/ 450 in utilities in the winter. I didn’t think WA was that expensive (but I moved from Maine here, which was even higher). Now looking at some others prices though we seem more expensive then I would have thought.

Philadelphia here. Just got both bills in the mail this week....$32.87 for gas and $126.27 for electric. Gas bills had been averaging $19.99 at least the past 3 months but once we had to turn on some heat a couple of days to take the chill out of the air we knew it would start to go up. Trade off is electric goes down in the winter since obviously aren't using the A/C.

ETA: We don't pay for trash and water is included in our rent.

Last edited:
Mine seems higher than most. 1400 sq foot house. $83 for Electric, $71 for Gas, and $70 for water, sewage, trash, recycling. For October.
Dirt cheap. I said electric should be about $80, but it's $180. I don't have gas, but I put away now $100 every pay for oil and I hope I have enough. Water is $60 and trash is $35. 995 sq foot living alone and I'm never home.

$187 for electric last month, 2500 SF home-all electric. AC is now off but geothermal heat pump on, which generally costs us more than the AC (also geothermal).

$92/every 3 months for garbage.

Well and septic, so no bills. Located NE Pennsylvania.

Geez after looking at these, I don’t even want to say! :sad:
I am with you. I can only dream of these amounts. We turn off everything when we are gone, auto thermostats. We are easily double most people on here. My water company consolidation charge is more than most of you are paying each month! They bought out the city water company and charge us $45 a month on top of higher rates for the opportunity to keep paying them.

I am with you. I can only dream of these amounts. We turn off everything when we are gone, auto thermostats. We are easily double most people on here. My water company consolidation charge is more than most of you are paying each month! They bought out the city water company and charge us $45 a month on top of higher rates for the opportunity to keep paying them.
Are you in New England by any chance? (I am!)

October is always my favorite gas and electric bill of the year. We've mostly stopped using the air conditioning but haven't had to use the furnace yet. The bill was $117. Summer and winter month bills can be closer to $300.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter