How much would Disney have to charge for true Premier Access?

We were recently in Paris, and Premier Access there is truly a game changer. Expensive, absolutely, but it effectively gives you one anytime LL/day for the most popular rides in the park, which took absolutely all of the stress out of our days. We were also able to separately purchase incredible seating for fireworks/parades, and guaranteed seating for shows (which is necessary in Paris as the shows filled quickly). Basically it gives you most of what you get from VIP (no repeats), but without the guide. They also have the equivalent of ILLs for many of the rides but Premier Access is a far superior product.

How much would Disney have to charge to be able to offer something similar in Florida/California, and how quickly would it sell out? $200/pp? $300/pp? More? Depending on how large your party is, this could be a “reasonable" alternative for families who might otherwise choose to go VIP.

They currently have this with vip tours. Prices vary. Why would they change it?
VIP tours are $500-1000/hour and are limited to the number of guides available. IIRC they are at maximum capacity now and send out roughly 100/day. This would be cheaper but they would not be limited to the number of guides available. So depending on the math Disney could come out ahead by offering this product.

FWIW Paris also has VIP tours available.

Let’s say on average VIP tours take 6 people and call it 750/hour for 8 hours (there are a lot of assumptions here, but roll with me). That would be $6,000/tour. Selling Premier Access for $300/pp (no repeats, like Paris) means that if they would need 20 people to sign up for this product, or even fewer given that you no longer need to pay the CM’s salary + benefits. Also even if people don’t sign up for the full package, expanding the individual cash offering for things like parades or fireworks seems like a bit of a no brainer to me in terms of ways for Disney to generate more $$$.

I agree this is VIP tours. Can't keep going up when there isn't that many new things.
Unfortunately that’s kind of where we are now. We LOVE our guide and at $450/hour it was manageable a few times, but at almost twice that now and with annual passes we can almost pay for a separate trip to go to one of the parties and still end up ahead. It’s really sad, but until Disney has something new to offer I don’t know when we will do VIP again.

Unfortunately that’s kind of where we are now. We LOVE our guide and at $450/hour it was manageable a few times, but at almost twice that now and with annual passes we can almost pay for a separate trip to go to one of the parties and still end up ahead. It’s really sad, but until Disney has something new to offer I don’t know when we will do VIP again.
I feel the same. And with a family of 7 we took this past year off from getting the annual pass. Figured would try again next year.

Disney makes their decisions based on what is going to make them the most profit and fits the demands for each park. And given that traveling to Paris can be less than traveling to the US parks, perhaps it would be the better choice for those who want the premier offerings they have to go to Paris. Maybe it is in itself a big draw for a demographic they want at that park.

The VIP Tours have worked well for Disney, and the guests who purchase - without really impacting operations. It's likely they have determined it is the best option for these parks. No reason to change it if economics show it is working.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter