• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How obsessively do you guard your stuff on Castaway Cay?

hypnotoad

Earning My Ears
We'll be bringing our own sand toys and snorkels and other water toys to Castaway Cay. None of it is worth anything. Do we need to "assign" one person in the party to be with the stuff at all times, or can we be fairly confidant that our entire party can go do our thing and our plastic doodads will remain where we left it?

Been there 5 times, never had anyone take anything when we've left it on a chair by itself. We don't take anything expensive that we'd be upset about if it got taken. Put everything in a beach bag/backpack and leave it on a chair, no problem.

I think it depends on how comfortable you are leaving your things. CC may be Disney, but it's still a beach with lots of people. I don't recall any reports of theft, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Anyway, we don't usually bring anything but sunscreen, snorkel gear and towels in a bag at CC. We try to find chairs close to where we want to be, and would go back and forth occasionally to check on our stuff. But most of the time, I can see it from the water. When my husband wants to take some photos, he would bring the camera, take the photos and when he's ready to go into the water, he brings the camera back to our stateroom. I know it's a bit of a hassle, but he doesn't seem to mind.

The only time we needed to stay with our stuff was when, as part of our excursion, we had a little bit of time at the beach in Cozumel. We brought our camera and I did stay with our stuff while the rest of my family went snorkelling. No issue since I don't like snorkelling anyways.

We'll be bringing our own sand toys and snorkels and other water toys to Castaway Cay. None of it is worth anything. Do we need to "assign" one person in the party to be with the stuff at all times, or can we be fairly confidant that our entire party can go do our thing and our plastic doodads will remain where we left it?
We use a Kyss Bag. It locks shut and locks onto beach chair. Wouldn’t put in sand toys, but use it for anything you want to keep safe. Use it on ship s lounge chair and holding Cabanas table while we get our food. Love it

For things like sand toys, as long as they are at your chair I think they’ll be okay. If they’re left on the beach alone, others may think it’s okay to play with them. I’ve never seen anything taken but have seen things ‘moved’ or used if left on the beach.

I never even knew there were things like kyss bags and aquavalts! I'll look into them - but it looks like for sand toys and play things we can just leave them out. Even at playgrounds we leave our sand toys outs and never have any problems collecting them when we leave, even if they do wander. Thanks everyone!

We just bought this safe for our cruise in two weeks. We think we will use it more for our excursions to public beaches. When we were at CC in January 2017 we just left everything in our beach bag and felt very safe with it in there. I had a waterproof case for my phone so we brought that for pictures and left everything else.

Attachments

• 41136621-224F-49E3-A907-7D9B0B850D36.jpeg
    41136621-224F-49E3-A907-7D9B0B850D36.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 32
We don't take much to CC that's really valuable, but I do carry a good camera pretty much everywhere I go. For that, our IDs and KTTW cards we use a KYSS bag. Love it!

We hope for a cabana which includes a safe for valuble belongings.

When not in a cabana, we just keep our beach bag close by just in case.

What size of Kyss bags does everyone use? I’ve looked at these a few times and they are almost always sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter