How often can you call about a pin?

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
Boy, on our past trips, we've always stayed at WL (woodsview) for about $129/nt. Obviously, this May with no codes out, it would be about $100 more per night...just can't financially justify it! Sooo, we rented points at Saratoga Springs for 4 nts. and booked 3 nts. at POR (Mansions) with the AAA rate of $129/nt (just over $140/nt. with tax). For those of you who have stayed at POR---please tell me I'll feel it's worth the money!

Also, since I've switched around my plans about 3 times, each time I've talked to CRO, I've asked if there's a PIN attached to my name---no luck.

Would I make them REALLY mad if I called each week until our trip [May 16 -23](assuming no General Code comes out)? Has anyone ever NOT had a pin and, with a later call, found one newly arrived? :-D
Thanks!
Karla B. :flower:

I've been told by our Disney rep that they are sending batches of email PIN codes at least once per week throughout the spring. I would say that means it is possible that you could get one. I would call CRO directly and verify that they have the correct email address for you and for your spouse or any other adult in your travel party. If you haven't done so already, ask CRO for a vacation planning kit. If you ordered one online, try requesting it from CRO or vice versa.

I call every day checking on AP rates for a list of clients who didn't get their first choice resort earlier. I get the same handful of CMs often and if they are annoyed with me for calling every single day even if I don't have new ressies to make, they haven't shown it (and if I call back later to make a new ressie I always have them check my list again). I have a nice chat with a couple of them now while they are searching. LOL I'm always nice and polite and always thank them for their time in checking so hopefully that helps.

You wouldn't be the first to call often and you won't be the last. I'm sure there are some testy ones in the bunch but, you know what? it's their job to answer those questions. I know first hand how annoying it is to answer your phone only to be asked the same question, with the same answer, over and over again but that is what they are there for. Just remember THEY don't control the codes so don't get testy with them if they tell you there isn't anything available. They can't help it.

We've been to Disney about 20 times in the last 15 years and I have no clue. It if gives you discounts, I'll probably never get one 'cause I'm one of those who never figures out how to get the REAL deals. Every now and then I save some moolah, but I usually find out a better way after the trips all over! Maybe that's my pin . . . Disney knows I'm a sucker! Ha, ha!

I called this past Tuesday and asked about a pin...no go. I asked him if calling was a waste of time and he said, "Absolutely not." I asked how often I should call and he said about once a week. So, now, Tuesday is my day to call. :rotfl:

I don't really expect a pin, so I don't get my hopes up by calling. Right now I feel okay about it either way. It'll be nice if it happens, but if it doesn't - it won't really matter in the long run! However, as the CM said, it can't hurt to call about once a week to check. :)

Lizardbeth61 said:
What's a PIN?

A Pin is a code attached to your name - either your email address or mailing address. If one is connected to your name - you reap the benefits of the discount. They come and go, sometimes you are aware of them (you receive a postcard or email) and other times you are not. So people call to see if one is attached to their name. It's best to have both spouses register seperately to double your chances.

This is our first time to stay in one of the resorts. Is there a possiblity that now that we've got our reservations made and the deposit in that a pin could now show up for us? Would it be worth my calling now to find out? I'm still so new at knowing all of the in's and out's on all of this!

wow! duh @ me! last year we stayed in two separate rooms under two separate ressies (one in my name, one in dh's) and all the times i have called about a pin i *never* thought to ask if there was one in dh's name! DUH DUH DUH @ ME! thanks for suggesting this! (guess what i'm going to do tomorrow?! LOL!)

I was told by a nice CM that the codes are associated to an address, so if there's not one for you, there wouldn't be one for your DH. I usually go with my sister and her family so I usually have them check under my name/address and then her name/address. So far, no luck! I sure could use one as I've got a quick trip the beginning of May and I'm sending my DS and his DGF for a few nites in May.

Hi - This is a response to the post above from COWTOWNMOM - Did you ever get a reply about this? I am wondering the same thing...i do not live in FL and am not an AP member. I have also booked for late May at a AAA rate and paid the deposit. Is there any chance of getting a pin?
Thanks

I thought I would share this with everyone. I too have never received a pin or anything in all of the years of going to Disney! We are going in June and I too have been obsessing with codes, etc. When I phone I always ask if there is a pin associated with our name. Well, today I decided to call because I haven't in at least three or four days lol :rotfl: and I talked to a really nice lady. We were talking and it came up that my husband is in the military so we move around quite a bit. She checked my name, no code, pin, etc. She then checked under my husbands name at an old address when we lived in San Antonio. Now keep in mind other cm's have told me they have been checking in the last month or so and nothing has come up. All of a sudden the gal says,"yes, I've found a pin" I about fell out of my chair!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Long story, not so short. She looked under an old aol account we had. I guess other cm's had looked under addresses but not old e-mail account. We just booked Port Orleans Riverside for $79 a night. If I were you guys I would keep checking back every couple of days because you just never know. I'm sure glad I called today!! :cool1: :cool1: Good luck!

We are planning a visit in December. Is it too early to call for pins or codes for then? I'm wondering for those that have been blessed with haveing a pin/code by their name if it has an expiration date for using it?

Thanks!! :banana: :cool1: :cheer2:

asnaghook said:
We are planning a visit in December. Is it too early to call for pins or codes for then? I'm wondering for those that have been blessed with haveing a pin/code by their name if it has an expiration date for using it?

Thanks!! :banana: :cool1: :cheer2:

I would definitely wait... these pin codes that are out are only for check-ins up until 7/4/05

HIHO...HIHO said:
Hi - This is a response to the post above from COWTOWNMOM - Did you ever get a reply about this? I am wondering the same thing...i do not live in FL and am not an AP member. I have also booked for late May at a AAA rate and paid the deposit. Is there any chance of getting a pin?
Thanks

No, I haven't heard from anyone with any kind of an answer on this. Maybe no one knows for sure. I guess I'll start calling to see what happens!

Is there a possiblity that now that we've got our reservations made and the deposit in that a pin could now show up for us? Would it be worth my calling now to find out?

The direct marketing of the PIN offers isn't affected by who has an existing reservation and who doesn't so having a ressie already won't keep you from getting one. If their magic formula determines that you are the lucky recipient of a PIN code then you'll still get it. :) I've had several clients email me to tell me they just recieved a PIN offer after we've already made reservations for them.

It wouldn't hurt to call and check to see if you have something listed there.

Hope this helps!

cowtownmom said:
No, I haven't heard from anyone with any kind of an answer on this. Maybe no one knows for sure. I guess I'll start calling to see what happens!
Was wondering if you called and if you heard anything? I think I will try to call later today also. Please let me know what you find out and I will do the same!

I went throught Dreams Unlimited with the AAA.

Is it okay for me to call direct to CRO and ask about a pin number or does she have to do it? I can't imagine that she would want to call once a week to check my name. Reservation # that DU gave is the same one that Disney has?

I'm sure that someone has already answered this but I have been known as the village idiot. :crazy:

Is it okay for me to call direct to CRO and ask about a pin number or does she have to do it? I can't imagine that she would want to call once a week to check my name. Reservation # that DU gave is the same one that Disney has?

You can call CRO to ask about the PIN but if you have one your TA will need to be the one to have it applied to your reservation. Just ask CRO for the PIN # and find out what the offer is. You can then email your agent the PIN and tell her you want to apply it to your ressie and she'll take care of it from there. :)

Lollipop Mom said:
You can call CRO to ask about the PIN but if you have one your TA will need to be the one to have it applied to your reservation. Just ask CRO for the PIN # and find out what the offer is. You can then email your agent the PIN and tell her you want to apply it to your ressie and she'll take care of it from there. :)

Thanks for the info Lollipop Mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter