How often do people knock on your door?

Very seldom, other than the mailman. I have a mail slot in the door so he just opens the screen and drops of the mail. If I have a package he will ring the door bell.

(Not counting the kids/grandchildren when they visit) - Very seldom - no knock or ring for months or once every once a month or two.

It is usually a neighbor asking something/looking for something. It might be some business (windows/roofers) saying, "we just installed new windows in your neighbor's home (usually not true) and if we are interested". Once a year or two, someone is selling something or Jehovah Witness. It's not very common.

Love the Ring. I can look at my cameras too on our monitor and see who is outside before I even approach the door (if I want).

Its pretty rare since I put up a no soliciting sign after by first summer in this neighborhood.
For some reason it is a favorite of door to door salesmen

Still once every two or three months there are the folks from the solar panel company who claim they are not soliciting and just providing information - if you are trying to sell me solar panels you are soliciting.
To make matters worse if you don't answer the door they come back later in the day and ring the bell multiple times and knock on the door- they track every house they knock at on an Ipad.

These folks tend to always have a really bad attitude and unfortunately because they claim they are just passing out info it seems to be allowed

I looked up the company and this seems to be how they train their employees to get around the no soliciting signs in towns where they need a license.

Looking up the company also seems to show many unhappy customers who purchased and/or complaints about them soliciting.

Not a company, if and when I do get solar panel, that Ill do business with.
And who in this day and age buys something that expensive from someone coming door to door? Who even lets them in the house?

I would say every 3 Days or so
Every 3 days? I'd be out with the house vacuum cleaner vacuuming the driveway to scare them away if my door was being knocked on every 3 days.

Maybe once a year to once every 2 years I get someone knocking on my door. I can actually count them, 5 times since I moved here in 2017.

Deaf neighbor knocked gesturing to me twice, wanting help with something. First time was he wanted to trim all of our trees running down between everyone's property (trailer park) and once needing help working on his side-by-side.

His neighbor's daughter knocked selling hoagies with her daughter. I've been out in the yard all the other times she's come by.

Was the neighborhood Amazon central distribution center for a Christmas season, or at least Amazon thought I was. Neighbor knocked on my door when she realized I was getting all her packages and leaving them for her. She called twice, I called twice plus talked to 3 drivers and couldn't get it to stop. The first driver put a remark in the GPS. The 2nd two drivers said, "yeah, I saw something in the GPS..." Then why did you STILL DROP THE PACKAGE HERE?!?!?!?! >:(

5th one was a girl across the road who use to own my place. I'm on the corner and my side road, her road, was blocked from them doing work so she was letting me know why she was parked in front of my lot.

I see the problem ….
I suspect they suspended the practice because it may pass CA standards of fair play, but not federal…
It is amazing that the true power in this country lies in the media .
I'm sure it's perfectly legal under Federal law. But I see their point, these are devices are generating mostly false alarms, and pulling Police from legitimate calls for service.

I'm sure it's perfectly legal under Federal law. But I see their point, these are devices are generating mostly false alarms, and pulling Police from legitimate calls for service.
I’m not.
and that is there job.
to protect and service.
not ***** and bill

People where we live do something that really annoys me. The will ring the doorbell.....then IMMEDIATLY knock on the door.

Ding-Dong! Knock-knock-knock
Ding-Dong! Knock-knock-knock

One or the other!

I’m not.
and that is there job.
to protect and service.
not ***** and bill
Yup, their job is to Protect and Serve. But I see the point, if they are chasing down all those false alarms generated by Ring Camera users, they aren't out Protecting the Serving others with real need.

I can't remember the last time someone knocked on the door. The delivery people just leave the package and walk away...maybe they see we have a Ring camera and so they don't bother to knock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter