How often do you come with 300+ points

Arguetafamily

Mouseketeer
If you have 300 or more points do you come multiple times per year for short stays, one large vacation once per year, etc. Just curious.

I will come times a year, for 3 or 4 nights, since I just retired, It allows me to do a mix of room sizes depending on if it will be a solo trip or with friends/family.

My original plan was to stay 6 weeks at once, and then one other family trip...I have around 800...but then realized I’d rather go monthly!

I have 300 points - we do 2 to 3 stays a year - Summer/Spring Break is at a beach resort and Thanksgiving in Disney World.
We stay a minimum of 5 nights. no more than 7 nights.
We do one bedrooms at the beach resort and then a studio in WDW.

When looking at larger contracts, you should keep in mind that not everyone who purchases is just a 2 or 4 person family who only needs studios or 1 bedrooms. We are looking into buying a 300+ contract because we have a large family and would likely need a grand villa every time we go. Even with 300+ points, we could only go every 2 or 3 years with banking and borrowing in order to get a grand villa.

I am retired, live in N.J., and we had trips planned for February ( did go), no most likely for the rest, They were to be in March, May, July, September, November and twice in December. We have over 1000 points, and often we take family or friends.

We're in California and have only used our points at WDW. We tend to actually rotate years where we'll do one at WDW heavily another at DL, essentially rotating APs between the two. For our WDW years when we're burning through our points we'll do at least 2 week long trips and sometimes 2-3 other trips in there. One of the trips is often in a 2 bedroom and bringing other family along which pretty well consumes 300 points by itself.

When looking at larger contracts, you should keep in mind that not everyone who purchases is just a 2 or 4 person family who only needs studios or 1 bedrooms. We are looking into buying a 300+ contract because we have a large family and would likely need a grand villa every time we go. Even with 300+ points, we could only go every 2 or 3 years with banking and borrowing in order to get a grand villa.

Very true, we are also a 7 family household, even though my two 20 somethings just moved out.

We have 325 (three contracts, two UYs). We used to come twice a year for a week or longer, usually a one bedroom villa. Since we moved to SW Florida, we have about five trips a year, each either three or four nights per trip. Usually late January, early May, mid-October, mid-November and early Dec. We use our small 50 point contract for the Dec stay.

Depends on the year. Our plans are usually a couple of small trips a year, but staying in 2BRs with our boys. Once they are grown, we plan on visiting for one long trip plus a couple of long weekends each year in 1 BRs. But next year is our 20th anniversary, so we've banked and borrowed a lot of points to travel with family and friends in 2 big trips, staying in an AKL Grand Villa for one of them. (Fingers crossed, of course, that we can travel next year).

We have 315 points and travel every 2.5 years roughly. We tend to stay 16 to 18 nights in 1 bedrooms

425 points here. 100 are for VGC only (2 - 2 night stays each year). For the other 325, I tend to come down twice a year - one week in March and then 10-14 days in September. We only do studios typically as the party is only 1-2 people usually. I usually can bank at least a few points each year.

(We come from the west coast) and enjoy multiple short stays across WDW, Vero, Grand Cal and Aulani.

We try to get three trips on our AP's and plan like this:

Scenario:
June trip '20
Fall trip '20
May trip '21

So two trips one year and only one the next but we can get three total on our AP's. Each trip is about 10 days and we have close to 400 points and stay in 1 bedrooms.

If you have 300 or more points do you come multiple times per year for short stays, one large vacation once per year, etc. Just curious.
We just went from having 250 Points, to having 475.
We typically only make 1 trip per year. (made 2 trips in 2015 because our NASA-Contracor DS got us causeway seats for a satellite launch.)
We mix it up, though, based on who's going. When it's just DW & me, we spread it out, and next year we have 4+ weeks booked.
This past January we blew the whole wad on a 3BR-Grand Villa for 9 of us (granddaughters' first trip to WDW).
It's nice having the "extra" points, but I'm already thinking about adding on more if prices drop significantly this year due to the current world crisis.
ET :darth:

We have 350 points. Some years we come twice, some years we skip altogether- never more than twice, as we live quite a distance away. We generally stay about 5 days on a trip. Rarely a whole week. We all have short attention spans. There really isn't a pattern for our family. When we don't go, we rent the points out and pocket the cash. It has worked out quite well.

425 points here. 100 are for VGC only (2 - 2 night stays each year). For the other 325, I tend to come down twice a year - one week in March and then 10-14 days in September. We only do studios typically as the party is only 1-2 people usually. I usually can bank at least a few points each year.

That's tough. We are always in 1 or 2 BR units. Studios just feel like a hotel room. I know they are popular, but it's not our way of travel.

1-2 trips per year plus gifting 1-2 trips per year to our daughter. The kid only gets a studio but my husband and I spread out in larger villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter