How often do you order take out these days?

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Do you take any precautions? Like spray it with lysol? Just kidding. I mean, receive it with gloves, remove the food into a separate container, etc?

I want me some chic fil a tonight.

We've ordered a couple times a month. DH is our designated pick up guy. We remove everything from the original containers as soon as we get home. If it's a hot dish we nuke it for a few seconds. I'm not nuking my salad, though, I'll take my chances LOL.

We've had delivery twice and pick up once (today)
I do wipe the containers down, reheat a lot of the food (it needs it anyway) and I do put the food on dishes to eat

4-5 times a week.

My local grocery store is still pretty bare so I've been getting take out more often.

Last edited:
1-2 times per week. I'm trying to help keep my favorite chicken wing place in business!

Oh, and no special precautions.

Once, from a local Italian restaurant. I tried to be "good" and transfer the food from containers into plates, etc., but I was so clumsy about it ( not something that I usually do) that it probably didn't make a difference anyway. Probably not gonna bother with it next time. I feel the risk is low enough to make it not worth it. Just wash hands before and after, which is what I'd do anyway.

Also went through the drive thru at McDonalds once, parked and ate in the car. Just used hand sanitizer for that, which is something I always do.

Before lockdown we would go out at least 4-5 times a week. Now we go once a week, as a Friday night treat. I LOVE the money we are saving and have zero reservations about where we are getting the food from. Delivery charges are usually pretty steep - they just hide it in the price of the food if delivery is "free", so we go pick it up. It's not like I'm doing anything anyway...

Once a week or so, which is about as often as we ever did. We also tend to pick up because, well, just because I hate delivery - we have terrible luck with the order arriving late, wrong or once or twice not at all {{sigh}}. We don't do anything to it other than put it on plates and eat it. So far, so good.

Twice a week at least (not including dunkin of course). I’m still working so I’m the venture out person. We’ve kept it to online ordering and curbside pickup or delivery.

A little less than once a week. We only order stuff that we can throw in the oven or microwave when we get home, not sure if it helps or not but it gives me piece of mind. So far we’ve ordered pizza (reheat in oven on our pizza pans), Culver’s (fish, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli), and a local place’s chicken fajitas

Once a week, same as always. No precautions other than what the restaurants do.

Reactions: Kae
Tonite will be the first time since this all started. We have to go the grocery store, and are going to stop by Chic Filet for take out. I am tired of cooking..3 meals a day x 4-5 weeks, enough already, lol! I plan on taking it out of the containers, dumping them in the trash outdoors, and eating on our own plates

Just Friday nights. We always went out to eat on Fridays so we just changed it to delivery or curbside. We also ordered our Easter dinner from a restaurant which is something we had never done before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter