How often do you weigh yourself?

~*Belle 2003*~

<font color=navy>I used to be indecisive, but now
I was wondering do you weigh yourself on a weekly basis or more frequently?

I need to get myself some scales first but I'm going to weigh myself once a week, always on the same day and first thing in the morning (as you are always at your lightest then!) ;)

Do you have a "weekly check in, how much have you lost day" on WISH?

ok, read my 'what is up with that post?" and you'll see I usually WI once a week. Most folks pick a day during the week they like to call their "official weigh in" day and then report on the weekly check-in thread. It's started every Sunday, usually by Jiminy and will say like "Weekly check-in week June 14" something like that. It's usually a busy post and remains close to the top and gets rather long by the end of the week.

Accountability is key for me, I need to know I'm reporting in each week. It helps me stay focused. Do what works best for YOU!

Welcome to our family! We a great bunch of big LOSERS y'know!

Since I started my Atkin's Diet on a Saturday, I weigh myself once every week.

Jiminy102 has a great weekly weigh-in thread that she posts every week that you can post on for great support whether lse, maintain, or gain.

God bless you, best wishes, and encouragement, RaySharpton:)

I know this sounds bad but I weigh myself several times a day!! When I started the Atkins plan on the 6th I swore I would do it once a week but my curiosity got the best of me. I had such a great week my first week I was afaid it was a dream!!! Than I had a pretty big meal on Sat of Roast(I aslo ate ahalf of a tiny red potato and two baby carrots).Well...the next day I was showing a GAIN of 3 pounds!!! I was freaking out!! So now I have been finding myself weighing myself several times a day just to keep an eye on things. I can't help it though.

For years I didn't weigh myself. Then I joined WISH and started weighing twice a week, then every day, then weaned myself back down to twice a week! :) I try not to sneak an extra weigh in because my numbers tend to fluctuate so much, so if I'm lighter early in the week and then I am heavier on my "official" weigh in date, I get discouraged. So far no sneak weighs this week, if I can hold out until Friday morning!!! :)

I weigh everyday...but only truly count the one certain day as official...MONDAY is my day...

I weigh myself a few times a week, but ignore all but one weekly weigh-in, and I even ignore that: I only concern myself with three- or four-week rolling averages. That's the shortest period of time where weight change is really significant.

I weigh myself every time I pass the scales at home but I only count my weigh in at Slimming World as official.

Libby

I would like to resist my scale better, but I don't I need to know if I'm gaining weight back, losing, or staying the same. I weigh my self every morning. I should try doing it every other morning and slowly cut back. That darn scale is an addiction! I swear it!

I'm addicted too!! I had moved the scale to the other room so that I wouldn't weigh myself all the time but now I just walk to the other room. My official weigh-in day is on Monday but sometimes I'll check on Wednesday or Thursday to make sure I'm on track. If I think I'm behind then I'll cut back food and up exercise or if I'm on target I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. So far I've lost officially 23.5 lbs. with the WISH group and unofficially 25.5 (sneak weigh-in that doesn't count)!!

Originally posted by CrzyforPiglet
I'm addicted too!! I had moved the scale to the other room so that I wouldn't weigh myself all the time but now I just walk to the other room.

Ok, you almost made me snork water out my nose!!!! Too funny, but a good way to burn a spare calorie or two!!! ha ha!

The bloat fairy is inordinately fond of me. I don't dare weigh more than once a week and even then I can go up as much as 12 pounds even when I have been 100% faithful to my eating plan.

I couldn't take that kind of frustration. It would hurt me more than it helps me to weigh everyday.

Isn't it interesting how everyone's relationship with their scale is so paramount to their success? If I weighed everyday I would be likely to become frustrated and give up. If some of you <i>don't</i> weigh yourself you believe that you might pack on a whole bunch of pounds and be in trouble at the end of the week.

Our scales are sort of like pacifiers, aren't they? Mine is a particularly uncomforting pacifier, though.

Originally posted by CrzyforPiglet
I'm addicted too!! I had moved the scale to the other room so that I wouldn't weigh myself all the time but now I just walk to the other room.
That's so funny! :D

I'm dreading stepping on the scales after a 7 month break, I'll probably break them! :p

Well, since I just got started, I've only weighed myself once. And it was 20 POUNDS WORSE than I thought it would be!:(

Now I plan to weigh once a week, ala WW!

Well...I used to weigh myself everyday until Kath told me to stop because it was discouraging me...now I only weigh myself on Tuesdays, which is my weigh in day! It is so much better now! :)

I should really stick to only weighing myself on my weigh in day. I too really fluctuate in weight depending on the time of day it is, etc, as much as 5 pounds a day! So I try just to stick to my "official weigh-in" numbers, which come on Wednesday morning before school :D

I use to only weigth in on sundays' that's my offical day. But since i'm moving at a slower pace i weight everyday to stay on top of my weight and get my day started with my scales. Hopefully i will go back to once a week once i break the dreaded platueu i'm in.

I weigh every day. I have since I started Atkins. Sometimes it can be frustrating, but it has taught me that there are normal fluctuations from day to day, and I have to relax and let myself be o.k. with each day. I sure do like those days when I see a whoosh though!;)

I usually weigh every day. I have tried weekly, monthly, etc. I find that for me, weighing each day keeps me motivated. If my wieght is down, it motivates me to get it down further, if my weight is up, it motivates me to keep going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter