How often does crime happen in your neighborhood?

The village I live in is like living in Mayberry. We have very little crime. Worse that happens around here are speeding tickets from non-locals. Funny thing though if you live here you know that we only have 2 police officers, one stays at the station and the other parks here and there with his radar gun. So if you’re driving and see the one out and parked, you know you’re ok to drive faster than usual through town everywhere else. 😁

Any crime is too much. Someone was spotting in the middle of the night looking in mailboxes in the middle of the night, and scared off. A few months earlier someone was caught on a security camera walking down the street in the middle of the night trying car doors. Neighbor across the street had construction tools stolen from a truck. It had a GPS tracker on it and the cops went to the house where the last GPS reading was sent and the resident was on parole for burglary, so they could search the house, but they couldn't find the equipment. They apparently discovered the GPS tag, took it off, and took the equipment somewhere else to fence it.
My cell phone was stolen from my truck about 30 years ago, but I got it back. But it cost me $250 to fix the damage to my truck.
Neighbor interrupted someone trying to break into their garage about 25 years ago. Cops chased the guy on foot, fire a shot at him....but missed.....before the guy gave up.

We did have a murder-suicide in our town last year -- first one I have heard of in the 20+ years we've lived here. It was a domestic situation. :( Very sad. Other than that, we have had some issues with people rifling through unlocked, parked cars and stealing things (crimes of opportunity), but overall it's a very safe place.

Rarely. A T-Mobile store near my house was robbed two days ago. The last murder that happened in my neighborhood happened in December of 2013. A man who was 31 at the time killed this then-56 year old mother.

Rarely. We used to have a car break in every once in a while-- what they were stealing we thought it was kids. They were only going into unlocked cars and taking change and stuff. There has only been 1 home burglary in the 25 years we've been here and it's suspected the people that did it (they weren't caught) knew the teenage son that lived there and knew they were out of town.

The big thing that happened was last September. The neighbors across the street from us (mother and son) were murdered in their home. It was a domestic situation and not random.

Not a lot of major stuff, but certainly a bit of drug crime a few blocks back from me. There aren't a lot of break-ins or anything - I've had one in 20 years, and once in my shed when I was out of town.

In my neighborhood, occasional car break-ins are about the only thing. Usually those are further down closer to a more highly traveled street. It might help that a police officer lives at this end of the subdivision.

For the most part, rarely. We have the occasional car break in but that's about it. The one exception would be the house at the end of the street where the owner watched a guy on her security cameras walk around and test every door and window on the first floor. He didn't get in (which would have been bad for him, the owners husband is a former NFL player) and the police caught him later that night.

I'm in a suburb far east of LA. Crime has sky rocketed recently with auto and mail theft, catalytic convertor theft, and house break ins. We are the only people on our cul de sac without a protective tool (gun), and are being warned we are sitting ducks. I'm writing this response from a small coastal town in Oregon and wishing I didn't have to go back to LA.

I'm in the Memphis suburbs and crime is coming into our community.

Sadly January was very crime ridden for our small community. In the same day we had the following, all within a block of about 2 hours:
  1. An attempted carjacking that was caught on camera from both the attempted victims car and home cameras
    • Video from both the victim and neighborhood cameras
  2. Home invasion a few blocks over from the attempted carjacking. It's unsure if they were connected
  3. Home invasion and murder. The suspect was caught a month later.
According to a local news story the same two guys committed all three. None of the victims/attempted victims were connected in any way. Absolutely disgusting IMO.

Thanks to NextDoor you know people are watching for those who don't belong in their neighborhoods. Individuals who drive slowly or walk slowly by staring into open garages, looking into cars as they walk past, etc. We do not a police department and rely on the county sheriffs department. They do some out. A few months back they did a house by house search/alert to keep residents inside while they looked for two suspects who were last seen running on foot towards our neighborhood. If not for Memphis and it's crime we'd be much quieter.

I live in a suburb of a big city. My suburb has fairly low crime - mostly just car break-ins. The larger city has much more crime - there was a mass shooting with 5 people dead at a downtown bank just this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter