How often is a private table request not fulfilled?

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
I hadn't heard of anyone requesting a private table and not gotten the request. We've always requested it and always gotten it. But I just watched a vlog of the Wish and the couple was sat with other couples even though they'd requested private. Was just curious if it happens more often on the wish or not necessarily.

I hadn't heard of anyone requesting a private table and not gotten the request. We've always requested it and always gotten it. But I just watched a vlog of the Wish and the couple was sat with other couples even though they'd requested private. Was just curious if it happens more often on the wish or not necessarily.
I often dont gzt it before boarding (i go check in the afternoon) but then always seem to get it when talking to the headservers. I usually travel solo or with one other person and I am Pearl so no idea how they decide

Good question. For all the cruises we have done that haven't been with friends we have requested a private table and it's always been granted, no matter how full the cruise has been. Have we just lucked out? We also always do second seating at dinner so I'm sure that's helped

Second seating has a better chance of having a private table - so I have been told. We have always gotten our request except once. And that time, it was fixed when I went to talk with the dining staff at embarkation.

Our last 2 cruises were sold out and we still got a private table. Our head server on our April cruise did say that the 2 cruises surrounding Easter were nuts. There were so many people on the fantasy that even people who had second seating had to share.

We were on the Wish and a friend requested that the three of us be seated alone and we were. Two rooms.

Twice for me. Once after the first night proved disastrous I was able to be moved to a private table.

The second time the ship was 100% full and there was no option. I went to check when I got on board. I offered to change my dining rotation or even move from late to early, but no dice. Fortunately that time worked out ok.

But it's not something that can be granted 100% of the time - especially when ships are at 100%.

Only had one issue on the Wish in February, I explained to our server that we had requested a private table and he said Ok and moved the other family before they arrived. I'm sure they were just as happy to have their own table.

Other then that, every single time. 25 out of 26 isn't bad. But it ended up 26 for 26.

WE request a private table for medical reasons (food allergies, which restrict what others at our table can eat, not just me) and have always been granted the request.

However, on our most recent sailing, a DCL Alaskan cruise, we ran into issues at breakfast and lunch in the MDR, when on more than one occasion they wanted us to share tables. We had to insist on a private table, and a couple times really push the issue to be given one. That is the first time we have ever encountered that at breakfast or lunch. This was our 9th cruise.

We have always gotten a private table except on our recent Wish trip. BUT, they did manage to get us back to a private table after the first night. To our surprise, we made friends with those we met on night one.

Everytime I put in a request for dining on Disney cruises I've always received my request I always choose near screen for entertainment and it's been accepted when I arrived.
If you choose private table on your request it most likely be accepted if you unable to request it online just go on the live chat on Disney cruise line website and ask them for the form to give them permission to open your booking them fill in the secure form them ask them you'd like to put a request for private table and they'll do it for you.

Last edited:
Always have gotten a private table and it has always felt like that, meaning where the table was it was definitely private, except on the wish. In arendalle our 2 top was inches from a 8 top and they all just glared at us the 2 nights we were in that restaurant. It felt like they thought we were invading their space. The two other restaurants on the wish felt very private.

We have been denied twice, 2002 on the Wonder party of 2, and 2006 Wonder party of 4 booked 1 week in advance. We sailed on the Wish, party of 2 last Feb and went to check on this at the dining assignment change place/time. They told us we did not have a table for 2 but to refresh the app after the safety drill and if we have a new table number, we got a table for 2. We did. :love:

At first on the Wish in July we didn’t get one for our party of 3. even after checking after boarding they said it could not be granted. we figured we would be sharing but when we showed up to our second seating we had a private table, so it eventually worked out,

I’ve had about 50/50 luck with private table requests being honored. I almost always travel at peak times so I think being on sold out sailings makes it harder to honor these requests.

This summer we were on a sold out sailing on the Wish and found out our private table request was not honored. Upon boarding we joined the waitlist at Luna and said we would do ANYTHING to get a private table. Apparently they didn’t think this meant we would move to early dining as our head server the first night at late dining said there was ample room and the early seating. So we were able to move too early for the remaining nights.

Just wanted to share that with people who enjoy having private tables that it helps to make it clear that you are willing to go to either seating (if you are open to that). It certainly benefited us. I’ve always heard that late dining typically has a higher chance of private table requests being honored, but it never hurts to be open to early.

We have been on 3 cruises this year (January - Wish, March - Wish and September - Fantasy). We are a party of 3 and requested a private table on all three cruises with late seating dinner. We did not initially get a private table on any cruise. In January we went to Luna right away to request a private table and they were able to accommodate. In March we did the same and they were unable to accommodate so we shared with another family. On our September cruise, we were initially slated to sit with another family but it was the failed Bermuda cruise where the itinerary changed a couple days before sailing and 1500 cancelled so we ended up sitting my ourselves at a big table. I think if you have a party of 4, it’s more likely you will be accommodated since they have a lot of 4 top tables. Since we’re a party of 3, they would lose a seat by seating us alone at a 4 top. We have requested a private table again on our New Years cruise but I don’t have high hopes.

We've always had first sitting. We had the private table request honored for our first 4 cruises, the 5th cruise we ended up being seated with another family of 4.

I am curious how many groups on a particularly sailing are placed in private tables without making a request.

LAX

I am curious how many groups on a particularly sailing are placed in private tables without making a request.

LAX
Well, I suspect it depends. When I’m with my husband’s family, we always have a private table because there’s 12 of us and they’re not going to stick anyone else there. I had some friends that went at the end of August, and there were three adults and two children, and I’m pretty sure they didn’t request a private table, but they still had one.

When we went in January, I forgot to request a private table, because when we sailed last year it was automatic, and with three of us, we were seated with another party of three. I will probably always request it going forward, I love meeting new people but not when I’m eating dinner. 🤷‍♀️

We're going on our first cruise in April and will request a private table. Is there anyway to tell before our first dinner if this has been honoured or would we just find out when we get seated?

I have never requested a private table and sharing a table with another couple or two has been a joy. We have met some really great people and with continue to look forward to meeting new and wonderful people each cruise. On those cruises when there were more of us, and we did not get to share with strangers who may soon become friends I missed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter