How old was your son/daughter on their first visit?

DisneyGolfer

Earning My Ears
My wife and I have been talking about the best age to first bring your child to the world. We would love to hear some of your thoughts.

I was 6 months old when I went for the first time.

My son will be 4 and my daughter will be 6 1/2.

daughter was about 2... son was 6 months (sis was 4 at the time).

Sister was 5yo.

if you have a younger and older kid, the 2nd and subsequent will end up going earlier than the 1st ones.

I think its whatever is ok for the parents. Now I don't agree with a 3 week old as I've seen some kids, but sometime you ahve to do what you ahve to do...

My DD was 23 months and had the best time!! She actually ran up to the fairy godmother and then again when she saw Darby, pooh and tigger!! If your kids are Disney babies like mine then take them!! The nice thing was she was pottie trained and was an easy baby so we could take her anywhere!!

My ds were 3 and 6. I will tell you that although ds6 loved wdw, ds3 was awe struck. It was amazing watching him. I am glad we took the boys when we did. When kids get too old they loose the magic. They know that mickey is a person in a costume.:scared1:

Both my boys had their first visits about a month after they turned 2. Both had a fantastic time and remembered the trips - and talked about them - for a long, long time after!

I was 4 when I first went to Disneyland. I was 31 when I first went to Walt Disney World.

We took our son for the first time when he was 18 months old. That was actually a really great trip. The little trips we have taken lately when he has been 2 1/2 have been much more challenging parenting wise than the trip when he was 18 months old.

And he certainly does remember his trips there as he has mentioned his rides on the Tea Cups, seeing Mickey Mouse, and wanting to go to Disney World many times.

Eric

Our daughter was 4yrs old..She is an only child and I wanted to go once she was potty trained and didn't need a stroller..It worked out very well for us and I don't regret waiting at all

DD #1 was 5 and DD #2 was 14 months. I'll admit that having DD #2 being so little might have caused problems if we hadn't brought my mom along. DD #2 needed a nap every afternoon and DD #1 would have been really angry if she'd had to leave the parks every day. Luckily, my mom couldn't really make it the whole day either, so she'd take DD #2 back to the hotel so they could both have a rest and then they would meet back up with us later.

I think any age is great but I read somewhere Walt said the perfect age is 7 years old.

Personally, I think 42 is the perfect age since that's my age and I LOVE it there!;)

Our dd had just turned 4...she's been back at 5, 5 1/2, and 6 1/2 :)

I think kids will enjoy it at an earlier age too, but dd does remember her first trip, and I'm not sure she would have remembered it if she were too much younger...

We waited until my son was 2 until we took him on his first trip. Then we caught the Disney bug and kept going back. My dd's first trip when she was three months old. We also took ds2 when he was three months old.

My dd was 2.5 the last time we went and she still talks about it constantly. She says at least once a day that she wants to go back.

While both of my kids had been to Disneyland previously, their first trip (and mine!) was when they were 3 and 6. My little one was just barely over the 40" mark, which made a big difference to us. He really wanted to go on StarTours, Thunder Mountain, Soarin' and TestTrack. Both of my boys had a BLAST. My 6yo knew that the characters were people in costumes, but my 3 year old was fully engulfed in the "magic." He was a bit overwhelmed the first day at MK - sensory overload. They both loved Epcot more than I expected. Almost every day they talk about that trip, and they are always asking when we can go back. We are already saving for our next trip. No other family vacation equals the pure fun that Disney World offers all of us. We can't wait to go back!

My son (now 23) made his first trip at 7 months old. My daughter (now 21) made her first trip at 19/20 months. My youngest daughter (now 17) made her's at 3 months.

My kids are in the monority here LOL! they were DD 10 and DS 7.
We weren't "waiting" for anything except time and money:rotfl:

DS was was about 18 months & DD was 10 months. We have since been back many times. DS is now 10 & DD is now 4 And all both of them talk about til this day is DISNEY! Along w/ mommy of course lol! But sadly the magic does fade the older they get...Not to say that it makes Ds want to go any less, it's just for different reasons now, like EE, RR, TOT, ect. But the magic dosen't fade for everyone w/ age....I'm 30 & still it's the most magical place I have ever been:love::love::love:

With my children, we have visited 3 times, with a 4th visit in 19 days!
I have three children.
Visit 1: DS 3.5; DS 5 months
Visit 2: DS 6.5; DS 3.5
Visit 3: DS 7.5; DS 4.5 Me: 5 months pregnant
Upcoming visit 4: DS 10 DS 7 DD 2.5

You can only judge how your child/ren will be on such a trip.
I plan appropriately. We do not park hop. We visit one park one time during the visit, therefore having days off for rest. However, we were able to add some days to this visit and we are repeating 2 parks. We have never made a rope drop, but hope to for DHS (Star Wars Weekend). We laugh and giggle during our visit. I am quick to point out something interesting when a whine comes on. I pack simple snacks (raisins, applesauce cups, bananas, goldfish crackers, pop-tarts, etc.) and never refuse an ice cream treat. That ice cream really really helps!

My kids have seen visions they would otherwise never see. Do they remember all things, no. But who can anyways? In fact there are attractions and shows we have not attended. We can not do it all when we do not hop or do not visit any park more than once during our visits.

We have always had fun visits that were well planned with low expectations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter