• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How old were you when you first went abroad?

We went to Mexico for like an hour when I was 9. First real trip abroad was 20, summer semester in France.

8 when I went to Canada for my Grandfather's funeral. He passed one month before I was scheduled to meet him for the first time on vacaton.

If abroad is the same continent, then I was 20 when I went to Canada and 5 when I went to Mexico, of overseas, I was 40 when I went to Europe

If abroad means cross the USA/Canada border maybe about 4. Or less. i don't recall.
Going from Canada to Europe I was in my 40s.

I went to Canada with my family when I was 11 but my first trip to another continent was a school trip to Europe when I was 15.

I lived within 30 miles of the Canadian Border so infinity and beyond. If, however, you are talking about no longer on the North American continent I was 19 and went on a college sponsored tour of Portugal, Spain, Italy, France and England. Before I was 22 I also, on a government sponsored trip, went to Guam, So. Vietnam, Osaka, Japan and Tokyo. After that other than a three day cruise to the Bahama's I stayed on this Continent until I was 68 years old and I made a month long adventure touring Paris, Venice, Rome, Pompeii, Barcelona, Pisa, Tuscany, Florence and several other cities along the Mediterranean before cruising across trans-Atlantic back to home.

How old were you when you first went abroad?​

Well, I was born "abroad". My dad was in the military and was stationed in Europe when I arrived. He was stationed there twice after I "returned" stateside, when I was 5 and 8.

As an infant went to Bell’s Corner, Ontario, to visit family.
Went to Choisy-Le-Roi, FR, to meet the in-laws around 1978.

I don't really count a short excursion into Canada as 'abroad'. Went to Europe when I was 27.

Canada around 12 or 13. Mexico in college. I didn't get outside North America until grad school (probably Germany or France, not sure which).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter