How old would you say you looked?

When I see myself in the mirror I think I look 5 or 7 years younger than I am. When I see a picture of myself, I think I look my age :sad1:.

When I see myself in the mirror I think I look 5 or 7 years younger than I am. When I see a picture of myself, I think I look my age :sad1:.

I think that's the case for a lot of us. Photos show all the lines and none of the life. :)

I've always wondered how old I look. In high school/college, I looked younger than I was. I think now that I look slightly older than I am, but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll get brave and post a photo to see what the consensus is. :)

I am 65 and I think I might look a little younger. Most people seem surprised when I tell them my age. Sometimes I get questioned when I ask for a senior discount. :) I have good skin (like my mother). I never smoked and I have always avoided the sun. I think that helps.

I can only tell you what others say. Just this week I shocked my high school students when I told them my age. They thought I was 35-38 (general consensus.) I am 50.

Some days I feel 35 and other days, well, I feel 60+.

I look younger. People freak out when they find out how old my kids are. When I was a teen I got teased because everyone said I looked 12 so it's only fair.

My children were born in my 30s, so even if I tell them my kids' ages, they just assume I had them younger.

When I was 21 and in college, I went to a fast food all night restaurant with my friends at 2am. The person behind the counter said, "You know, no one under 16 should be out this late on a school night. Does your mom know you are out?"

First of all, it was none of her business, but 2nd of all, I was 21.

For awhile now I wasn't sure if I looked my age or not but then I started paying more attention to posts on Facebook by alumni from my high school graduation classmates. They really look old to me. Do I look that old?

Here's a photo from a year ago:

1701ed1-M.jpg

I was 66 in this picture. I am so not ready to go gray yet!

I don't have a clue. I know that when I was 16 I never needed an ID to get a drink (legal was 21). Had a summer job that the boss thought I was over 20 as well. Anyway, judging by that I most likely look to be close to 300 by now.

Sure, this is from last month. No make up. No special lighting. Just me and the family (though I cropped them out), at Universal.

How old do I look?

CmGeEFB.jpg

Edit: I don't think it's "shocking", btw. I think people self-select. If you're regularly told you look younger than you are, then you're not going to hesitate to post. If you're confident you look the age you actually are, then you may or may not post. If you think you look older than you are... you're probably not going to post about it, unless you're a very self-confident and secure individual.
If you are me, you would be at the age where you just don't care anymore how old (or young) others think you are. I did notice when no one was asking me if I wanted the senior discount, they just gave it to me. That was depressing.

If you are me, you would be at the age where you just don't care anymore how old (or young) others think you are. I did notice when no one was asking me if I wanted the senior discount, they just gave it to me. That was depressing.

I was not amused when I went to the movies a few months ago, on the way home, I realized that the kid gave me a senior discount, and this was before I let my grey hair come in! I did not ask for it. Now, I did go with my step mom and her sister. My step mom is 62. IDK if he then assumed we were all the same age, or what.

DH is 80 and I will be 70 in Dec :worship: - this photo was taken at his 80th BD party in Sept. Counting our many blessings, he had a stroke this summer and his goal was to dance with me on his 80th BD. He could only stand and sway briefly, but to me it was the best dance we’ve ever had!! :lovestruc

7 DSC_0746 (3). (426x479) (390x380) (390x380).jpg

People always seem to be surprised when they learn I have a 49 year old daughter. I think I look my age, which is fifty-nineteen, but you tell me.

Queen Colleen244131_10150616662785366_5245536_o.jpg

Attachments

• 244131_10150616662785366_5245536_o.jpg
    244131_10150616662785366_5245536_o.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1
People often think I'm about 7-10-years younger than my actual age, which is 29. Sometimes it's a bit frustrating, especially in a professional setting, but I still think I'd rather look younger than my actual years!

I often get, are you in school here (referring to the local university)? Apparently they didn't take a close look at my eyes since I'm 36.

I take an awful picture! If I look as terrible in person as I do in pictures then I'm in trouble...Lol. I would never dare to post and ask.

All of you who have had the courage to post know that you look good because you do...haha. You are all lovely and none of you look as old as you're telling us that you are. I can see an inner beauty shining through as well!

God Bless you all and those of us who haven't aged quite as well :)

I often get mistaken for much younger. I teach at a k-8 school. I started there at 22 and on free dress days often got asked if I was an 8th grader. Doesn't happen anymore but I wouldn't mind if it did!

I was 37 in this picture (last year).

Attachments

• IMG_2741.JPG
    IMG_2741.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter